Ashes Cricket 2021/22

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Emmson

The 1st thread I have ever created. :ugeek: what a great occasion, no not me creating a thread but Ashes Cricket :D

England win toss and bat at the Gabba which has a green wicket. The Aus mustard bowling attack have not been playing red ball cricket so they might be rusty. Eng have not selected Stuart Broad which seems bizarre to me. Forecast rain showers but no wipeout.

Teams:

England (Playing XI): Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root(c), Ben Stokes, Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler(w), Chris Woakes, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach

Australia (Playing XI): David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey(w), Pat Cummins(c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Aus strike 1st ball!

ASTONISHING!
jamesedwards

11 for 3 after 6 overs.

Embarrassing.
Emmson

Recovery of sorts underway by Eng through Jos The Boss and Olly Pope, they were in such a deep hole at 4 down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

No point staying up any longer with Jos and Olly gone :cry:
Lutruwita

Jimmy might be a bit of a handful for once in Brisbane. Oh wait, nevermind...
gazuty

Great start by Australia. Still need to see what happens when Australia bats to make a judgement.

Read one bit of commentary that made me laugh - by saving Anderson and Broad to try and win the second test England have all but guaranteed not winning the first test.
Trader Pat

I don't trade cricket but I do watch it every now and then, have to say the Aussie commentators are much more entertaining than the English ones :D
Emmson

I just want to be done with this game, a very unsatisfactory game to trade.
Emmson

Eng have shown some spunk here after tea, surprising me ;) and giving me opportunity to trim my red. :) On verge of heading to my bed , then BANG! BANG!
Emmson

If they could just snaffle a couple more quickly Eng will be right back in this.
Lutruwita

Have to keep Aussies under 300. Really need to bowl Australia out before the 2nd new ball.
Lutruwita

The spinner thing is an issue for England. Every tour England send out a spinner who gets taken apart. It's been happening for decades. Leach needs to find something this tour. Otherwise, play 4 quicks.
Emmson

Travis Head scoring quickly today, I'd rather he didn't

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”