Today's Cricket

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
gazuty

India all out for 36 - :shock: :shock: :shock:
rik

was checking on the match as i like to trade cricket if there is a close finish to the match with price jumping all over the place, but first time i checked the match was already over lol
that must have been close to a record?
Emmson

India superb this saturday

Aus, India & Draw graph order stumps day 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abgespaced

Emmson wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:15 am
India superb this saturday

Aus, India & Draw graph order stumps day 2
Yes I made some money on this market. About $150. Made another $360 on the NZ v Pak test. Then proceeded to lose $500 over two T20 games :cry:

It's kind of heartbreaking to go through this tbh.

Think I might just have to stick to test cricket as I can understand the flow of the game a lot better. T20 is just so hard to read and imo, a rubbish form of the game.
Barrakee

Anyone trading the Aus Ind 3rd test? Did ok yesterday backing the draw just before the rain came in and then laying it off. The pitch isn't doing much now though and Smith and Labuschagne looked ok last night so I'm hesitant to go to the old faithful lay the draw.
abgespaced

Barrakee wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Anyone trading the Aus Ind 3rd test? Did ok yesterday backing the draw just before the rain came in and then laying it off. The pitch isn't doing much now though and Smith and Labuschagne looked ok last night so I'm hesitant to go to the old faithful lay the draw.
Yes that's exactly what I was doing :lol: got a nice little green sitting there but didn't do much today, wasn't sure how much rain there would be plus i couldn't watch it after midday so just stayed away. When i checked back later Australia had lost 4 wickets which was surprising, it looked like a batter's pitch. Still waiting for a good entry point for the draw though. Above 4 is still a bit of a gamble - India have won once, lost 6 times and drawn 6 times at the SCG, so... 50/50 chance you will see the draw go back down again if either team put in some decent partnerships. IMO.
megarain

This pitch should allow for big swings in the draw price.

Just make sure u buy high, sell low.
Barrakee

megarain wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 pm
This pitch should allow for big swings in the draw price.

Just make sure u buy high, sell low.
Megarain, do you generally only trade the draw? Or do you go into win/loss trading as well?
Barrakee

abgespaced wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:00 pm
Barrakee wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:42 pm
Yes that's exactly what I was doing :lol: got a nice little green sitting there but didn't do much today, wasn't sure how much rain there would be plus i couldn't watch it after midday so just stayed away. When i checked back later Australia had lost 4 wickets which was surprising, it looked like a batter's pitch. Still waiting for a good entry point for the draw though. Above 4 is still a bit of a gamble - India have won once, lost 6 times and drawn 6 times at the SCG, so... 50/50 chance you will see the draw go back down again if either team put in some decent partnerships. IMO.
I don't think the pitch will be too friendly days 4 and 5. There will be sun on it from now on and even yesterday the old ball stayed low. Cummins almost got one under the bat yesterday (can't remember if it was Pujara or Rohit).
megarain

It doesn’t matter what I do.

Look for +EV spots - and if u are right, worry about the premium charge later.
abgespaced

Barrakee wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:51 pm
I don't think the pitch will be too friendly days 4 and 5. There will be sun on it from now on and even yesterday the old ball stayed low. Cummins almost got one under the bat yesterday (can't remember if it was Pujara or Rohit).
Yes, that's what I was expecting, but what I didn't expect was India to do so poorly in their first innings while the pitch was still OK. So the draw blew out before I got on it.

Right now I'm hampered by my fear of laying the draw from the first test match i ever traded, so tend to miss out on those opportunities. If I lay at 4 and watch it go into 3 I get seriously stressed and can't watch, even though it likely won't be a draw.

On the flip side i picked up some more profits on the first 2 wickets of Australia's innings. Warner was a given with his injuries while that pitch was starting to do its thing.

I suspect Megarain would have layed the draw at around 4 or so and got out at 10-12. That's what' I'd do if I had the confidence.
Barrakee

abgespaced wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:46 am
Barrakee wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:51 pm
Yes, that's what I was expecting, but what I didn't expect was India to do so poorly in their first innings while the pitch was still OK. So the draw blew out before I got on it.

Right now I'm hampered by my fear of laying the draw from the first test match i ever traded, so tend to miss out on those opportunities. If I lay at 4 and watch it go into 3 I get seriously stressed and can't watch, even though it likely won't be a draw.

On the flip side i picked up some more profits on the first 2 wickets of Australia's innings. Warner was a given with his injuries while that pitch was starting to do its thing.

I suspect Megarain would have layed the draw at around 4 or so and got out at 10-12. That's what' I'd do if I had the confidence.
I've had a fair bit of success with test cricket but I struggle with T20. Are markets more efficient in the shorter format? It'd be nice if there were more longer format opportunities. How much liquidity is there on county/shield/other red ball comps?
abgespaced

Barrakee wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 am
I've had a fair bit of success with test cricket but I struggle with T20. Are markets more efficient in the shorter format? It'd be nice if there were more longer format opportunities. How much liquidity is there on county/shield/other red ball comps?
I'm probably the last person to ask but IMO the T20 are not what I'd call efficient. Have a look at the graphs Megarain posted a few days ago. The favourites swap positions all the time. I think it's due to a combination of a relatively low quality of game and big money from India. That said, the more I study them the easier they seem.

With regards to the non international red ball games... i don't think there is all that much liquidity, but i couldn't tell you as I haven't traded them. What I can tell you is how easy it is to lose $500 on county 20/20 games due to lack of liquidity :lol:
Barrakee

abgespaced wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:05 am
Barrakee wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:56 am
I'm probably the last person to ask but IMO the T20 are not what I'd call efficient. Have a look at the graphs Megarain posted a few days ago. The favourites swap positions all the time. I think it's due to a combination of a relatively low quality of game and big money from India. That said, the more I study them the easier they seem.

With regards to the non international red ball games... i don't think there is all that much liquidity, but i couldn't tell you as I haven't traded them. What I can tell you is how easy it is to lose $500 on county 20/20 games due to lack of liquidity :lol:
Haha it is the best way to learn I reckon. To be honest I haven't delved into T20 too much but on the surface I can't seem to read it as well as test matches. Do you have any tactics going in to day 4 of the test?
sionascaig

Staying awake is highly over rated - woke up to quite a nice green this morning )

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”