ICC World Cup - England and Wales 2019

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
megarain

Eng 3.0
India 4.2
Aus 5.5
N.Zealnd 13
S.Africa 14
Pakistan 20
Windies 25
The Rest 130+

Eng have looked v impressive for the last yr. The weak link is the bowling, but maybe Archer can fill that gap.

I think Eng are still over-priced but can see its debateable, (and am talking my book, which has Eng v big winners, India level, and the rest all big losers).

Warm-ups tomorrow .. dunno how relevant they are etc, but, its something to bet on.
sionascaig

Really looking forward to this & thanks again Megarain for getting me interested in cricket )

As a complete novice at cricket trading, dutching England & India on the winners market could give a potential return of 75% to 80% based on current prices.... To good to be true?
Archangel

Hope to trade this tournament also. Am still on a very remedial stage with cricket trading.

Is there much historical data available on these markets, I presume can be bought from BF ?
megarain

Hope to trade this tournament also. Am still on a very remedial stage with cricket trading.

Is there much historical data available on these markets, I presume can be bought from BF ?
I am sure u ask in good faith .. but that is a very sore point.

The cricket data is incomplete. In 2018, there were about 67 test matches .. only 25 or so are on the historical archive.

The archive charges 75 - 150 per month, depending on the depth of data u want. To pay, and not get all of what u are paying for, doesn't
seem quite right.

The archive has not been adding to the database since Nov 2018. I am informed a new service will be available fairly shortly .. so, maybe they
have fixed all the old problems.

//

The warm-ups are a bit of a lottery, as the pitches can be v close to one boundary (saving the good pitches, for the real thing).
Archangel

megarain wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm

The archive charges 75 - 150 per month, depending on the depth of data u want. To pay, and not get all of what u are paying for, doesn't
seem quite right.

The archive has not been adding to the database since Nov 2018. I am informed a new service will be available fairly shortly .. so, maybe they
have fixed all the old problems.
Indeed, must be very frustrating to pay for a service and not get the data at the level expected.
Euler

I'll be having a good look at the markets this Summer. I'll be really interested to see how they trade.
Archangel

Euler wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:24 pm
I'll be having a good look at the markets this Summer. I'll be really interested to see how they trade.
These markets possibly could break records on BetFair under the right conditions
Archangel

Not sure what, if anything, can be read into the warm up games, I suspect not very much, other than how a defeat might effect confidence in the run up to the world cup

England now have a couple of injury concern to worry about at the wrong time

A heavy defeat for India also
megarain

Rain delays in Cardiff .. supposed to start at 10.30 .. a non-tv game, so, no extra hour should be allocated.

No play by 1pm, and cut-off should be 3pm.

At 1.52.pm, they announce cut-off for a start of play moved to 4.15 (super sneaky).

10 mins later, they call the game off.

Its not hard to see why some regard the ICC as (allegedly) corrupt as XXXX
Archangel

Be interesting how the weather will effect the World Cup games, or will they abandon in the same way
Archangel

England v South Africa

SA won toss and decided to bowl first

England 1.62
SA 2.6
Archangel

At the innings break. England 311/8

Backed England after the early wicket fell and traded out soon after. Bit of a roller coaster when big wickets fell later.

No real idea now if the odds are right for SA to chase this score
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

I feel SA can go well below evens here if they don't lose early wickets, but definitely not a road to bat on.
Archangel

Comfortable enough for England. A few opportunities in grab them at close to even today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

The £100m mark comfortably passed today :)

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”