The Ashes - August/September 2019

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
greenmark

:lol: Roy is a waste of space. Whoever is responsible for selectng him should be sacked. It's ludicrous for him to be in the England team as a test batsman. He just just isn't!
Emmson

If England are still batting into afternoon session I can see draw going very much shorter than it is now at 2.4ish
greenmark

Came in, saw Aus 63-4 and thought "We got Smith!". Silly person :roll:
greenmark

First time in my life I've elected to watch cricket rather than England football. Smith isn't just performing, its a masterclass. All the more incredible after his lay off. Talk about redemption!
greenmark

Smith gone. Thank flip for that. Won't change the result now. Massive respect for Smith. He's ridiculed by the barmy army, but his interview with Nasser Hussain showed a dedicated cricketer. He deserves all the plaudits.
Vorogue18

Only mistake was an error of judgement as an inexperienced leader whilst surrounded by older rule breaking egos that were due a kick up the butt for their attitude. Became the scapegoat for a decade of arrogance.

Dedicated his life to a profession, always carried himself well, ridiculed for his leggies and unique batting technique early days and thrust into captaincy too early. Harshly punished, quietly goes away and spends a year talking and working with kids and charaties while clearly battlling isolated and depressive periods. Returns, integrates straight back into the team environment, including Warner, helps carry us to a WC semi and now matches Bradmans feats while carrying the team on his shoulders. All this as crowds around the world hurl abuse at him every step he takes. The guy is twice the man most of us are, an inspiration, bloody rock solid hero, an effing legend and if my son turns out to be half the man he is I will die very happy.....and...to any overseas wanker who tries that behaviour at the G on boxing day...good luck with that. Have a nice day lol
wearthefoxhat

Vorogue18 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:43 am
Only mistake was an error of judgement as an inexperienced leader whilst surrounded by older rule breaking egos that were due a kick up the butt for their attitude. Became the scapegoat for a decade of arrogance.

Dedicated his life to a profession, always carried himself well, ridiculed for his leggies and unique batting technique early days and thrust into captaincy too early. Harshly punished, quietly goes away and spends a year talking and working with kids and charaties while clearly battlling isolated and depressive periods. Returns, integrates straight back into the team environment, including Warner, helps carry us to a WC semi and now matches Bradmans feats while carrying the team on his shoulders. All this as crowds around the world hurl abuse at him every step he takes. The guy is twice the man most of us are, an inspiration, bloody rock solid hero, an effing legend and if my son turns out to be half the man he is I will die very happy.....and...to any overseas wanker who tries that behaviour at the G on boxing day...good luck with that. Have a nice day lol
On this point the crowd is acting as the "twelfth man." Also in cricketing parlance, he's getting sledged.

sledge.GIF

Fair play to him though, he's stronger mentally and has found a way to overcome the England bowling. (Warner hasn't though)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetBuddy

Vorogue18 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:43 am

The guy is a dirty sandpaper cheat and an Australian one at that. He will get no sympathy around the world, only when playing Australia.
greenmark

I'm English. Smith cheated, got caught, paid a severe penallty for a pro cricketer. Everyone deserves the opportunity to redeem themselves after making a mistake. He's done that in the best possible way.
Conflating cheating with being Australian is plain racist.
The dog of ry

I want to know who purchased the sandpaper.. it's not like there was a hardware store at the ground. Perhaps thats why Lehmann fell on his sword. Smith hardly knew about it is my bet
Emmson

greenmark wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:01 am
I'm English. Smith cheated, got caught, paid a severe penallty for a pro cricketer. Everyone deserves the opportunity to redeem themselves after making a mistake. He's done that in the best possible way.
Conflating cheating with being Australian is plain racist.
Here here!
Emmson

Defiance by Eng today, this is a very difficult task and if it fails no shame on them, they have applied themselves.
Emmson

Closing in on £110 million matched. :o

Just as I type Jos falls. :(
Emmson

Not sure what record amount matched on a test match is but we must be in the ballpark at 115 million.
Emmson

A bad light call looming and some outstanding application from 2 Somerset lads. Gripping drama at Old Trafford.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”