Shane Warne

T20, IPL, Test matches or the Ashes, discuss it here.
Euler

Legendary Australian leg-spinner Shane Warne, one of the greatest cricketers of all time, dies of suspected heart attack aged 52: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60622426
greenmark

The track Jiggery pokery by The Duckworth Lewis Method. Kind of sums it up. It describes the ball of the century from Mike Gattings perspective (fictional). There is a youtube video right at the top google results, but I can't post it as it contains some offensive imagery. But the song will make any cricket fan smile.
So young. Very sad.
RIP
megarain

Legend.

52 and looked pretty good.

Hard to fathom.

Live for the day. It's gone before u know it.
firlandsfarm

The best all-rounder of cricket in my time, maybe ever ... not just batting and bowling but in every aspect. Sky Sports summed up his numbers in the game as ...

708 - wickets for Warne in his 145 Tests, behind Sri Lanka star Muralitharan's 800 but well ahead of third-placed England seamer James Anderson (640).

1,001 - Warne took another 293 wickets in one-day internationals to crack four figures for Australia in all formats - again only behind Muralitharan in the international record books.

99 - Warne's best Test score as a batter - he has the most Test runs of any batsman not to make a century.

8-71 - his career-best figures across all first-class and limited-overs cricket, in a 1994 Test against England in Brisbane.

195 - Ashes wickets, the most in the competition's history and 38 more than second-placed Glenn McGrath.

96 - Warne's Test wicket tally in 2005, including 40 in a memorable Ashes series, remains a record for a player in a single calendar year. Muralitharan is closest behind him with 90 in 2006.

46 - 46 hat-tricks in Tests

These numbers will probably never be surpassed in total but even they cannot reflect on his knowledge of the game which was immense but most of all he achieved all he did with such character. I shall miss his commentary, his ability to read a game.
greenmark

His bowling was just devilish. Wonderful. One of those sports people that are on the opposite side to my loyalty and I just had to suppress my loyalty and enjoy their expertise.

Return to “Betfair Cricket trading”