Are people still manually trading Greyhound races?

We've gone to the dogs.
zmeulescu

Out of curiosity, as most discussion topics in here refer to automation, are people in this forum still manually trading greyhounds races?

If so , I would love to hear about their experiences with markets, because for me trading manually has proven a tough nut to crack.
Michael5482

zmeulescu wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:44 am
Out of curiosity, as most discussion topics in here refer to automation, are people in this forum still manually trading greyhounds races?

If so , I would love to hear about their experiences with markets, because for me trading manually has proven a tough nut to crack.
Yep not long started as didn't think I had the necessary psychological skills and patience to manually trade so started with automation (which I'm still moving on with) but turns out I do and been enjoying manually trading greyhounds on the ladder.

Prices there are very volatile (even more so with a low priced fav) and without stating the obvious the prices don't move in a straight line so I've found it beneficial to offer prices away from the spread and try to let the market do the work. I've been pushing along ok.

I've also set up a basic automation file which hedges 15s before the off which stops me having an open position when the market gets suspended for them to run as a couple of times I took my eye off how long was left until they went off.
ShaunWhite

It all comes down to £/hr. You can either spend 10hr days on the dogs for minimum wage or a few hours on a sport with bigger markets and put your feet up. Personally I'd find it hard to stay interested doing hours and hours of dogs day in and day out. You don't want to get good at something then realise you don't like the job much. The novelty wears off fast.

Dogs are good for bots though, they're almost 247 if you do the Aus dogs as well.
zmeulescu

Thank you so much for your replies, Michael and Shawn! I tend to agree that the return per hour is not making greyhounds trading such an interesting place to spend your time. I'll take a look at automation , I am completely new to that :-)

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”