MemphisFlash

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:28 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:14 pm
Jan and Feb 2023 stats as requested

Capture.PNG
Thanks, Flash.

Am I right in concluding that the following tracks would have produced a profit for both Jan and Feb if flat layed to win, dogs with SPs of 10+?

Harlow
Henlow
Kinsley
Oxford
Towcester

Cheers,

CS
yes that is correct
Crazyskier

Dallas wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:39 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:28 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:14 pm
Jan and Feb 2023 stats as requested

Capture.PNG
Thanks, Flash.

Am I right in concluding that the following tracks would have produced a profit for both Jan and Feb if flat layed to win, dogs with SPs of 10+?

Harlow
Henlow
Kinsley
Oxford
Towcester

Cheers,

CS
One more post CS and you'll have the honour of becoming the 50th forum member to reach 1000 ;)
HUZZAH!

Well spotted Dallas.

And thanks Flash.

CS
Eldog

Interesting stats Memphis
ShaunWhite

Eldog wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:35 pm
Interesting stats Memphis
If you toss a coin 10 times there's only a 25% chance it will be 5 heads, and less than 8% chance for 50 out of 100. So the question is are these anomalies statistically significant or not? That metric isn't shown so I don't know how those stats can be useful.
Realrocknrolla

Does anyone's Live video from Harlow keep turning off?
Archery1969

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:26 pm
I not sure I would be betting or trading anything at Harlow, use to be known as the most bent track in the UK with very suspicious things going on.
Realrocknrolla

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:29 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:26 pm
I not sure I would be betting or trading anything at Harlow, use to be known as the most bent track in the UK with very suspicious things going on.
Yeah I know but tweaking some automation.
Realrocknrolla

Just switched to Edge from Chrome and solved it. Strange though, never happened before
ShaunWhite

The Market Base Rate (MBR) on all New South Wales greyhound racing markets is changing to 7% as of 1 April 2023.
Michael5482

Momentous day tomorrow (for me anyway) as I unleash my Greyhound Bot into the markets. I've called it Ballyregan Bob v1.00 after the legendary greyhound who won 32 races on the bounce in the 1980's.

When I think I'm there, there's something else I've need to do, research or learn but at some point you've just got to roll with it, my biggest concern is getting matched at the entry/exit prices I want but I think only the market is going to tell me that not a spreadsheet, when you see the difference between 1 tick over numerous trades in front of you it's a real eye opener.
ShaunWhite

Michael5482 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:56 pm
Momentous day tomorrow (for me anyway) as I unleash my Greyhound Bot into the markets. I've called it Ballyregan Bob v1.00 after the legendary greyhound who won 32 races on the bounce in the 1980's.

When I think I'm there, there's something else I've need to do, research or learn but at some point you've just got to roll with it, my biggest concern is getting matched at the entry/exit prices I want but I think only the market is going to tell me that not a spreadsheet, when you see the difference between 1 tick over numerous trades in front of you it's a real eye opener.
Make sure you track your bets not just market totals. Even if you're trading price movement rather than betting you can't escape the fact that at the end of the year you have a heap of backs and a heap of lays and somewhere there has to be value. Fortunately, at scale, bsp is widely regard as the benchmark for 0EV so break down your bets, backs, lays, price ranges, time ranges anything and everything to see what's making money and what isn't vs bsp. As you so rightly say a tick or even half a tick makes a world of difference. Market totals don't tell you that.
Michael5482

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:56 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:56 pm

Make sure you track your bets not just market totals. Even if you're trading price movement rather than betting you can't escape the fact that at the end of the year you have a heap of backs and a heap of lays and somewhere there has to be value. Fortunately, at scale, bsp is widely regard as the benchmark for 0EV so break down your bets, backs, lays, price ranges, time ranges anything and everything to see what's making money and what isn't vs bsp. As you so rightly say a tick or even half a tick makes a world of difference. Market totals don't tell you that.
Thanks Shaun the information you regularly provide on the forum is invaluable.

I've revamped how I record my football trading results so now recording all my individual bets, market turnover, entry/exit odds, calculating my edge, standard deviation, p-value etc so can now utilise this work to analyze my Greyhound automation when I have some meaningful results to work with. Prior I was just recording market P&L and using that as the ROI of my balance which I can see now as quite embarrassing but it's lessons learnt.
ShaunWhite

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:50 am
Prior I was just recording market P&L and using that as the ROI of my balance which I can see now as quite embarrassing but it's lessons learnt.
Thx Michael I hope it goes well for you. There doesn't seem to be as many people trying to help these days on here so I guess any reply is better than none. It's not embarrassing at all, there's plenty of people who just look at market totals even the experianced ones. All part of this illusion that a "trade" is something other than a regular back and a regular lay.

It's not the be all and end all when it comes to analysing your stuff but if you're automating and generating enough bets to be statistically relevant it's something people do.
MemphisFlash

Jan-Mar Stats

Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lotora

What happened to this (Swindon) Race? Sill no updates in Betfair's "Betting Profit & Loss". Cancelled? BTW, it was suspended before the official start time....which of course is a no-no.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”