Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
MemphisFlash

6 on octoparse, 1 on parsehub
chasgeez

Does anyone use Geoff Banks seems to offer BOG on a lot of races. But what is the service like?
ShaunWhite

chasgeez wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:59 pm
Does anyone use Geoff Banks seems to offer BOG on a lot of races. But what is the service like?
Who's odds do they guarentee to beat and by how much?
chasgeez

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:16 pm
chasgeez wrote:
Its if SP is higher than what you backed at you get SP
ShaunWhite

chasgeez wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:25 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
chasgeez wrote:
Ok thx.

In this day and age it would take a big incentive for me to open another bookie account. If you're spreading your betting all over the place then one will end up getting a check and that might have unintended consequences. Even with the joined up view then having multiple accounts could be seen as troublesome. Small risks but the loss would be too great.
chasgeez

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 8:28 pm
chasgeez wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:25 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

Ok thx.

In this day and age it would take a big incentive for me to open another bookie account. If you're spreading your betting all over the place then one will end up getting a check and that might have unintended consequences. Even with the joined up view then having multiple accounts could be seen as troublesome. Small risks but the loss would be too great.
Very true and I’m sure he would limit the account anyway if someone was doing well to exploit this BOG
MemphisFlash

May's Statistics for those who follow
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ODPaul82

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:40 pm
May's Statistics for those who follow

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG
Remind me Saturday/Sunday to share my scraping of GBGB website which takes about 1 minute for position/time/grade/etc

I was putting together a speed rating model based of "Mordin on time" but for dogs instead of horses but have no use for it now so happy to share.
I saw you spent half hour doing data collection, happy to reduce that time and no I don't want anything in return.
chasgeez

Has anyone collected data on dogs going up and down in grades?
About to head down that rabbit hole
MemphisFlash

Austrailian Greyhound Data on one click screen
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Austrailian Stats on 1-click screen
Capture.PNG
Archery1969

I been reviewing the greyhound pricing model looking for value done by betfair australia.

Part of their analysis (Well, in Austalia) shows that the starting price of a dogs previous race has a direct bearing on the dogs next upcoming race starting price. Obviously there needs to be some adjustment given the grade of race and other runners.

But its interesting stuff as in theory you should be able to workout what each dogs starting price should be within a small range
Archery1969

Why does someone keep placing large amounts (For Greyhounds) at round numbers, every 1st and 2nd favourite, every race ?
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 pm
Why does someone keep placing large amounts (For Greyhounds) at round numbers, every 1st and 2nd favourite, every race ?
I haven't looked at greyhound markets for some time now but from that one image they are probably using fractional odds price points (which usually act as support/resistance) and maybe adjusting it a tick or two if the top/bottom of a range is just outside it
Archery1969

Dallas wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:13 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:52 pm
I haven't looked at greyhound markets for some time now but from that one image they are probably using fractional odds price points (which usually act as support/resistance) and maybe adjusting it a tick or two if the top/bottom of a range is just outside it
Thanks Dallas. :)

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”