Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
goat68

Looks like an Exchange error to me, but not sure I can be bothered chasing for a few quid...
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Looks like an Exchange error to me, but not sure I can be bothered chasing for a few quid...
Just checked and the 20:12 settled at 20:16. I had bets on 1, 3 & 5 and they all had their SP bet settled as expected. Dunno if that helps. Did you actually get a confirmation message back that had been allocated a bet id? If the bet didn't get an id maybe it got held up on the way.

:) You can't chase them for that, unless you're in the habit of sending them a cheque when it goes your way.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:33 pm
goat68 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:17 pm
Just checked and the 20:12 settled at 20:16. I had bets on 1, 3 & 5 and they all had their SP bet settled as expected. Dunno if that helps. Did you actually get a confirmation message back that had been allocated a bet id? If the bet didn't get an id maybe it got held up on the way.

:) You can't chase them for that, unless you're in the habit of sending them a cheque when it goes your way.
==> Towcester 21:02
Last edited by goat68 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
goat68

I imagine the market failed reconcile BSP, so they can't honour any unmatched, so nowt they csn do..
Maybe next time ill be on the winning side!
Think this is the second time ive seen this happen
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:12 pm
I imagine the market failed reconcile BSP, so they can't honour any unmatched, so nowt they csn do..
You must be doing well if you've scaled up to £16 bets...

Sorry I quoted the wrong race...yes the 21:02, mine didn't have the SP bets taken either. And my log shows a bet on T1 that didn't go through. It happens a few times a day for me so I don't even check them.

The SP on T1 was 5.08, looks like you placed it at 4.8....and the persistence type is "P" Persist the order to in-play, but it should be C, Market on Close? Oh well, time is better spent on your edge rather than looking at things that are ultimately uncontrollable and irrelevent. Curious though.
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 am
goat68 wrote:
You must be doing well if you've scaled up to £16 bets...

Sorry I quoted the wrong race...yes the 21:02, mine didn't have the SP bets taken either. And my log shows a bet on T1 that didn't go through. It happens a few times a day for me so I don't even check them.

The SP on T1 was 5.08, looks like you placed it at 4.8....and the persistence type is "P" Persist the order to in-play, but it should be C, Market on Close? Oh well, time is better spent on your edge rather than looking at things that are ultimately uncontrollable and irrelevent. Curious though.
Thanks for looking

So doing ok, but only £75 up for the month so far, so definitely not a big edge, no get rich quick strategy here!

This -£15 slip, not appreciated, but maybe next time it wil be +£60 !
napshnap

goat68 wrote:
They canceled my sp bet on T3 in this market, bastards! Off time: 21:02:39, market was liquid enough (judging by traded sum), so can't see what is their problem, why they sabotaged this particular market.
Crazyskier

I've posted before how the dogs often have lay bets at SP not taken. Back bets seem to go OK, but not lay bets - they have always been hit and miss in my experience. Place dogs are even worse.

I had to give up on a several strategies that work(ed) OK on horses, due to this.

CS
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:43 am
I had to give up on a several strategies that work(ed) OK on horses, due to this.

CS
I don't see how a handful of missing sp bets makes much difference.. They're close to 0ev and its the same for all of us.
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:00 am
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
I don't see how a handful of missing sp bets makes much difference.. They're close to 0ev and its the same for all of us.
I don't see how you translate ''often'' into ''a handful''.? It's a consistent problem on the win greyhound market, thus why I had to abandon some strategies there. The main issue is not knowing which are going to be accepted and which aren't on any given race.

CS
goat68

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
I don't see how you translate ''often'' into ''a handful''.? It's a consistent problem on the win greyhound market, thus why I had to abandon some strategies there. The main issue is not knowing which are going to be accepted and which aren't on any given race.

CS
I think have plenty is probably better than 1 every 6months, at least if it happens say twice a week, then you get a reasonable EV resolution time period based on un-hedged bets rather than trades
Crazyskier

goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:58 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:52 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:

CS
I think have plenty is probably better than 1 every 6months, at least if it happens say twice a week, then you get a reasonable EV resolution time period based on un-hedged bets rather than trades
When you are botting every race every day, then actually 1 in 6 months would be a non-issue as far as my strategies are concerned. Sadly in my experience, automated LAY SP bets and the dogs are not remotely compatible.Back bets, sure, just not lays, which are the foundation of my dog bots.

CS
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:05 pm
Sadly in my experience, automated LAY SP bets and the dogs are not remotely compatible.Back bets, sure, just not lays, which are the foundation of my dog bots.

CS
If you've got a lay SP bot and it misses a few/some/lots, is it just missing the profitable ones?
goat68

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Sadly in my experience, automated LAY SP bets and the dogs are not remotely compatible.Back bets, sure, just not lays, which are the foundation of my dog bots.

CS
If you've got a lay SP bot and it misses a few/some/lots, is it just missing the profitable ones?
Darn that would be unlucky!
ShaunWhite

goat68 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:26 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
Darn that would be unlucky!
If you can't lay then go old skool and dutch the other 5? Probably viable if your edge is bigger then the exchange SP overround.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”