Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
The Silk Run

Good evening Shaun

A welcome contribution and a fresh pair of eyes always welcome, indeed.
Would you consider exploring this further. If so, I would be interested to know how you get on ...

Good luck
Minnie LAI
dadof2uk

Hi All (First Post),

So I've fired up BA on Betdaq and had a go at the dogs.... Is it me or is the lack of liquidity a joke? I've seen Peter sink a grand into BF on the nags quicker than I can get 20p matched on the favorite at the 21:28 in Doncaster.

But seriously, I'm a complete novice so is it me or is Greyhound Trading on Betdaq a pointless exercise other that to learn the functionality of Bet Angel ?

Thanks,
Dallas

dadof2uk wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:39 pm
Hi All (First Post),

So I've fired up BA on Betdaq and had a go at the dogs.... Is it me or is the lack of liquidity a joke? I've seen Peter sink a grand into BF on the nags quicker than I can get 20p matched on the favorite at the 21:28 in Doncaster.

But seriously, I'm a complete novice so is it me or is Greyhound Trading on Betdaq a pointless exercise other that to learn the functionality of Bet Angel ?

Thanks,
Volume on Betdaq is much lower across all sports compared to Betfair, sometimes it can work in your favour ie, during larger racing meetings. but markets that are relatively low volume on Betfair to start with are almost nonexistent on Betdaq
Archery1969

dadof2uk wrote:
Hi All (First Post),

Thanks,
There is an opportunity there for you to create your own market. Think outside the box.
dadof2uk

Archery1969 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:34 pm
dadof2uk wrote:
Hi All (First Post),

Thanks,
There is an opportunity there for you to create your own market. Think outside the box.
Early days for me. I just wan't to participate in markets, not make them.
spreadbetting

No point in making a market if there's no mugs around to take the poor prices. You can be certain any value prices will be taken though.
dadof2uk

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:43 pm
No point in making a market if there's no mugs around to take the poor prices. You can be certain any value prices will be taken though.
I must admit, I was kind of wondering how you could make a market if I can't even get 20p matched. Unless it was a case of placing trades at opposite ends of a range to try and initiate/stimulate a market and hope to take advantage of anyone else who then participates. But, as you say, you're not going to make money being the only person in the market.
The Silk Run

Hi Hi dadof2uk

As others have recommended, switch to Betfair Exchange for Greyhound markets, you will have no problem filling an order for 0.20p, regardless of liquidity.

I LIVE test all my works using between 0.01p - 0.10p with liquidity sometimes as low as GBP 50.00 !!! NO problem, like Candy ...

Good luck
Minnie LAI
Vaz0202

Modified my Greyhound bot earlier today and seem to be picking up some crumbs from the market. I usually seal the fate of my automation by making a post like this.

It is very much a case of looking after the pennies :lol:
Vaz0202

Needless to say, it went to the dogs.

We try again tomorrow
Jukebox

BF seem to bee having trouble settling Perry Barr races tonight
sa7med

What's up with the Henlow card today? Betfair have timings wrong?
NickH

Something not going right with the place markets on BF. Winner on a race is paid out, but gives a loser in the place market.
MemphisFlash

i have a dispute on the 10.23 at henlow, they trying to cheat me out of winnings. i watched the race .
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Henlow is always a nightmare. Races late, results takes ages to come back. I try and give it a miss if possible

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”