Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
Archery1969

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:20 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:06 am
Reminds me of that Step Toe & Son film when they bought a blind greyhound. :lol:
I will have to have a look at that. Thanx for the lead :)
Its a great film of the day. But sadly, its deemed as politically incorrect these days and not shown on mainstream TV much anymore. They also made a series from 1962 to 1965 (black and white) and 1972 to 1975 (colour) plus 4 films.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steptoe_and_Son

But the greyhound film is still my favourite. :)
Vaz0202

Made my return to the greyhound scene today doing the old ‘back favourite to win’ and ‘lay in the place’ = lose only if comes 2nd

Lots of ups and downs but ended up 4p up
napshnap

Guys, what about these strange races (like today's morning Harlow with 5 dogs max) which bf didnt add to races list?
Also no late Towcester, but maybe they add it later.
ShaunWhite

Vaz0202 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:14 pm
Made my return to the greyhound scene today doing the old ‘back favourite to win’ and ‘lay in the place’ = lose only if comes 2nd

Have you got a selection process or just doing every race?

Finding one value bet is hard enough so when people have a system choosing 2 selections in a market, one to back and one to lay which are both value it must be fairly sophisticated.
Vaz0202

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 1:04 pm
Vaz0202 wrote:

Finding one value bet is hard enough so when people have a system choosing 2 selections in a market, one to back and one to lay which are both value it must be fairly sophisticated.
Not wanting to offend anyone but my process is rather Russian at the moment
Archery1969

Vaz0202 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:53 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Vaz0202 wrote:

Russian roulette ?
Vaz0202

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 12:43 am
Vaz0202 wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:

Russian roulette ?
Poorly thought out, without logic,
Vaz0202

Just set up my automation now, hope the rules trigger okay. Using Stored Values so something is bound to go wrong first time

Fingers crossed
teambulldog

Hi all,
Help please, I am dutching dogs and want your advice about do i bet to say loose £5 or do i try to win £5 ??? system making 25 - 30 points a day dutching to loose £5 a dutch...
Thanks
ShaunWhite

teambulldog wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 1:08 pm
Hi all,
Help please, I am dutching dogs and want your advice about do i bet to say loose £5 or do i try to win £5 ??? system making 25 - 30 points a day dutching to loose £5 a dutch...
Thanks
Doesn't make any difference if you've actually got an edge. A Dutch is just >1 bet and those are either value bets or not. Is this "25-30 points a day" something you've figured out or is it something you've seen online? If it was online then it can't quote a return without explaining the staking, but as 100% of the so called systems that promise a 'points per day' are bs you ought to stake zero.
teambulldog

Thanks for the reply, NO it is not from online its my own system etc and taken years to get here...Like all of us just kept going over data etc and tweeking and testing and it is paying off now but i am dutching and went with the £1at the start and moved up to £5 stake to loose.......
I have not tryed real money dutching to WIN £1 or £5 so thats why i asked thankyou
BWhizz

Vaz0202 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 9:31 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 12:43 am
Vaz0202 wrote:

Russian roulette ?
Poorly thought out, without logic,
👍🏻😉
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

teambulldog wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 2:27 pm
Thanks for the reply, NO it is not from online its my own system etc and taken years to get here...Like all of us just kept going over data etc and tweeking and testing and it is paying off now but i am dutching and went with the £1at the start and moved up to £5 stake to loose.......
I have not tryed real money dutching to WIN £1 or £5 so thats why i asked thankyou
Sorry but the 'points per day' made it sound ify, nothing makes money every day. It'll come down to personal preference really, ie which way round the sawtooths are on your PL chart and if it's low risk (lots of small wins) or high risk (runs with bigger swings). You won't fool (or wreck) the underlying maths of the individual bets being value or not with a staking plan. Your year end numbers after 000s of bets will always be total staked * average edge per bet no matter how you got there.
teambulldog

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Sorry but the 'points per day' made it sound ify, nothing makes money every day. It'll come down to personal preference really, ie which way round the sawtooths are on your PL chart and if it's low risk (lots of small wins) or high risk (runs with bigger swings). You won't fool (or wreck) the underlying maths of the individual bets being value or not with a staking plan. Your year end numbers after 000s of bets will always be total staked * average edge per bet no matter how you got there.
Thanks shaunwhite for replying it is low risk (lots of small wins) but i am happy with that...
thanks again
The Silk Run

teambulldog wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:24 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 3:03 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Thanks shaunwhite for replying it is low risk (lots of small wins) but i am happy with that...
thanks again
Keep at it, and GOOD LUCK. Their is money to be made in dutching this market, I have been doing it consistently over a long period ...

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”