Today's Greyhounds

We've gone to the dogs.
SeaHorseRacing

The Greyhounds are tough to trade this evening!
SeaHorseRacing

I have never seen the Greyhouds trade this way before. Maybe I am having an off day... Anyone else trading the Dogs?
ajtrimnell1

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:59 pm
I have never seen the Greyhouds trade this way before. Maybe I am having an off day... Anyone else trading the Dogs?
This is my first post on here, been trading about four months, and slowly getting there. I seemed to have clicked (or so I thought) with the greayhound's in the last week. I`ve found that the early races have been genuinely easy to trade but the evening races were harder, but last night I got it wrong nearly everytime I clicked my mouse, couldn`t understand it. I thought maybe it was always way but apparently not. What exactly was different from your point of view? :)
SeaHorseRacing

They were incredibly tough to read. Everything seemed to reverse and quicker than you could possibly get out. They got better towards the end of the evening.
SeaHorseRacing

Another evening of poor Greyhound markets.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:58 pm
Another evening of poor Greyhound markets.
Used to dabble on the greyhound market "filling the gaps" but could never really get to grips with it.i could never read the markets, and I think the majority of us are kidding ourselves if they think they can . Apart from a few big nights, liquidity is low markets are volatile and jump up and down ( just like you've experienced ).

I'm sure if you adjust your stakes to match levels of liquidity, or use automation, that there are those who do make it pay .

But after a full days trading the horses,I can't see the need to move onto the dogs ... that's far too long a day, and can only impact on your judgement, and more importantly your "enjoyment" of trading

Stick to what you know , don't get desperate and enjoy

Guess it's a case of a leopard never changing its spots
SeaHorseRacing

The markets never really did much, was my explanation of poor.

TBH I have been having much better success with the Greyhounds than horse racing, simply because I can really get into a rhythm with so many markets one after the other. Not making much. Some nights a good evening is the equivalence of one average loss on the horse racing.

Your right about liquidity but I don't trade them to make money, I use it to train myself.
Been trading the greyhounds every night for about 9 months now and in real mode the last 4 months with the occasional evening off and it doesnt really bother me, I enjoy it and its keeping me focused, I like trying out new ideas as its the same as horse racing except the markets are faster and more volatile.

The only difference really is when its time to close your position, it really is time to close. Horse racing gives you a few seconds but not on the greyhounds.

When the summer meetings start Ill move onto them but for now I am enjoying it.

After a full days trading, the need to move onto the dogs is because I am very focused on what I want and I know the only way to get there is to work at it. Doesnt take long to improve your focus levels.

Looking back at my trading diary post. I will update that in April. Its been 3 months since my last post and its fair to say in a humble way, I wont be going back to my old day job thats for sure.

Its difficult on football nights particularly, because it effects the greyhounds and Id rather be watching the footie.

I will take up Football and Tennis (well attempt to learn) trading as I have a big interest in them too but that is something for next year.

Please watch this space.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:50 pm
The markets never really did much, was my explanation of poor.

TBH I have been having much better success with the Greyhounds than horse racing, simply because I can really get into a rhythm with so many markets one after the other. Not making much. Some nights a good evening is the equivalence of one average loss on the horse racing.

Your right about liquidity but I don't trade them to make money, I use it to train myself.
Been trading the greyhounds every night for about 9 months now and in real mode the last 4 months with the occasional evening off and it doesnt really bother me, I enjoy it and its keeping me focused, I like trying out new ideas as its the same as horse racing except the markets are faster and more volatile.

The only difference really is when its time to close your position, it really is time to close. Horse racing gives you a few seconds but not on the greyhounds.

When the summer meetings start Ill move onto them but for now I am enjoying it.

After a full days trading, the need to move onto the dogs is because I am very focused on what I want and I know the only way to get there is to work at it. Doesnt take long to improve your focus levels.

Looking back at my trading diary post. I will update that in April. Its been 3 months since my last post and its fair to say in a humble way, I wont be going back to my old day job thats for sure.

Its difficult on football nights particularly, because it effects the greyhounds and Id rather be watching the footie.

I will take up Football and Tennis (well attempt to learn) trading as I have a big interest in them too but that is something for next year.

Please watch this space.
Good to see you doing well, might I suggest in a humble way for your own benefit that you don't update your trading diary.

If your doing well great, there really isn't any need to let everyone know.Yes it can spur others on to believe that they to can be successful .

But I think the trading diary however well intended or however honest you were being, just showed you in an incredabily bad light, especially in view of your post under other usernames .

I don't think anyone would ever believe you could be a successful trader after some of the things you said in that diary and the aggressive nature of some of your responses A lot of your posts since have been contradictory in respect of how you intended to trade, bank size etc .

I know I've been critical of you and others who make fanciful contradictory statements and expect us to believe them, and will continue to do so where I think someone is blatantly telling untruths or talking rubbish

You can give advice and pointers to others without going into P/L detail( I noticed you've started posted the odd good trade etc, with screen shots .. hmm

Your a knowledgeable guy, and passionate about horse racing, and probably an all round "good egg"

So please no trading update in April. Unfortunately people have long memories, and your credabilty in respect of your ability as a trader in many eyes is zero

If remarkably you've turned your inability to trade around ...Just enjoy life and the freedom that your new found trading ability allows .. but keep it to yourself

As I always say . Enjoy . Enjoy . And Enjoy
SeaHorseRacing

How many times mate do you need to tell me.

Ok I get it you do not want me to update my trading diary and your fully entitled to your opinion but we live in a free world. If your not interest in it, Why do you bother to right back?

Again what is with the statement with my inability to trade?
I think your kind of missing the point of what a forum is. Really.

Look lets be realistic here, my wife although suportive has no interest in trading, nor my family and friends.
I spend alot of time trading and additionally I spend a lot of time on this forum.
I enjoy it, I am trying my best and working my balls off to get to where I want to be.
I was very open and honest on my diary and we seem to be back to square one again. This topic is todays greyhounds, so let keep it back on topic.

We cant like everyone in this world nor can we all get along but there is no need for this on every single one of my posts.

Your really strange, its like you have a split persoanlity. Every message i ever read from you, you say nice things and horrible things at the same time.

lets face reality here, no matter how many times you knock me down. I am getting back up.
I am only human and I make mistakes.
Next time you see a child fall over please dont tell them they will never walk again.

Cheers
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:20 pm
How many times mate do you need to tell me.

Ok I get it you do not want me to update my trading diary and your fully entitled to your opinion but we live in a free world. If your not interest in it, Why do you bother to right back?

Again what is with the statement with my inability to trade?
I think your kind of missing the point of what a forum is. Really.

Look lets be realistic here, my wife although suportive has no interest in trading, nor my family and friends.
I spend alot of time trading and additionally I spend a lot of time on this forum.
I enjoy it, I am trying my best and working my balls off to get to where I want to be.
I was very open and honest on my diary and we seem to be back to square one again. This topic is todays greyhounds, so let keep it back on topic.

We cant like everyone in this world nor can we all get along but there is no need for this on every single one of my posts.

Your really strange, its like you have a split persoanlity. Every message i ever read from you, you say nice things and horrible things at the same time.

lets face reality here, no matter how many times you knock me down. I am getting back up.
I am only human and I make mistakes.
Next time you see a child fall over please dont tell them they will never walk again.

Cheers
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and views, and to challenge and question those of others. As long as it it doesn't get personal and abusive, that's the whole point if any forum

Which is something I've never done, but you unfortunately have on many occasions become abusive with forum members, and tried to make things personal ( as recently implying I've no friends , and have a split personality )

I was only giving my opinion and my views,which I'm fully entitled to. And have never insulted you or any one else personally.

I have often given you advice and detail of where you can get the info you need .. remember Adrian Massey site , list if defunct racecourse and name of book you couldn't remember etc

Don't take things personally and don't resort to personal abuse it just undermines your credibility even further.

Just enjoy your trading !!!
SeaHorseRacing

I said its like you have a split personality- thats an opinion- not an insult. Never implied you had no friends.

If anyone dislikes me, please send me a private message and we can discuss like adults there.

The truth of the matter is my trading has really come on. I left my job to go full time. Had many a hiccups and I have acheieved far more in a fewmonths then I set out too.
Everyone kept saying that automation was the only way and you keep going on about my inability to trade.

I know where I am at and I really proud of myself for being where I am. I just disagree with your answers because its like your diagnsoing a patient over the telephone.

I will make 75k this year from trading and I really cannot wait to show you.

I cant stand negativtey. I hate it so much.
SeaHorseRacing

Bonkers.

How I ronic is it that the horse was called Blue Chaos.

It won well
ice_screenshot_20170302-201837.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:57 pm
I said its like you have a split personality- thats an opinion- not an insult. Never implied you had no friends.

If anyone dislikes me, please send me a private message and we can discuss like adults there.

The truth of the matter is my trading has really come on. I left my job to go full time. Had many a hiccups and I have acheieved far more in a fewmonths then I set out too.
Everyone kept saying that automation was the only way and you keep going on about my inability to trade.

I know where I am at and I really proud of myself for being where I am. I just disagree with your answers because its like your diagnsoing a patient over the telephone.

I will make 75k this year from trading and I really cannot wait to show you.

I cant stand negativtey. I hate it so much.
I really hope you can achieve that target ... and there's no negativity in my posts . I'm always saying that trading is a lot easier and less complicated than many say . And am always telling people to enjoy it, otherwise it's just like any other 9-5 Job, it should free you to enjoy life not take over your life .

But I think saying your going to make 75k etc is just heaping pressure on yourself .. even Peter says you shouldn't set yourself targets.and it's one hell of a jump from a £50 bank only a few months ago ( and remember why you went back to small stakes )

I suspect we have a similar in depth knowledge of Racing and a passion for the sport as well ... bet we could talk for hours and hours .

Just that I do what I do ...never say how much I make ( or lose) and am always honest . I only trade horses . Only on the ladder and almost always go in with an opening lay trade. I study form and data , great believer in trainer form. I also have a couple of big price " value bets " usually in the same race at the weekend .

Nothing complicated , most of my trades are intuitive, having no done it for so long , and knowing the form , running style trends etc,

That's why it does my head in when people say the markets are poor etc. Yes if your a Peter Webb putting the amount he does thru a trade it will matter whether it Lingfield in February or Ascot in June. Yes some meetings are more volatile etc ..
But for most of us were talking about putting much smaller amounts thru and it shouldn't be an excuse for a poor day's trading

Just hear so many excuses ... and a lot of the time people are over complicating things to a ridiculous degree. Stick to what you know and become expert at it

How you can contemplate trading 4/5 different sports .. I know others do ... but not for me

Like I say each to his own . And more importantly enjoy what your doing !!
SeaHorseRacing

Perfect example how hard some of these greyhounds are sometimes.
ice_screenshot_20170302-211551.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
William89

People following the dogs today after the outage?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”