Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
Thrungus

It has happened again (Romford 19:12)

The dog won but the market was still going! - Dumped £50 into the market, didn't throw the kitchen sink just incase something weird happened!
Screenshot 2021-03-06 191842.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Have Betfair paid it out too?
Thrungus

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:25 pm
I'm awaiting to see what happens - word got out and suddenly someone else dumped some money in too
Screenshot 2021-03-06 193000.png
Surely if they don't pay out - they'll just void the market? Or can they literally just say no?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Thrungus wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:31 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
I'm awaiting to see what happens - word got out and suddenly someone else dumped some money in too

Surely if they don't pay out - they'll just void the market? Or can they literally just say no?
Im not sure, my initial feeling is that they will void it but it'll be interesting to know what the outcome of the payout will be.
Thrungus

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:36 pm
Thrungus wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

Im not sure, my initial feeling is that they will void it but it'll be interesting to know what the outcome of the payout will be.
It appears to have paid out something - although it isn't appearing in the p&l and my balance is higher than it was when I entered the trade :-)
jamesg46

Thrungus wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:39 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:36 pm
Thrungus wrote:

It appears to have paid out something - although it isn't appearing in the p&l and my balance is higher than it was when I entered the trade :-)
Lovely jubilee! Stick a few more quid on the next one :D
Crazyskier

Thrungus wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:19 pm
It has happened again (Romford 19:12)

The dog won but the market was still going! - Dumped £50 into the market, didn't throw the kitchen sink just incase something weird happened!

Screenshot 2021-03-06 191842.png
This happens quite often. I got excited the first few times too, throwing money at a dog that I'd just watched win, however BF in every case thus far eventually suspended the market, then reversed the book to what it was prior to the off, ie whatever reds or green I had prior to the race start are what's actually paid out. Sometimes it can take them 20 minutes or so, but that's been my experience on a good half dozen occasions, which explains why more people don't smash the price in of the winning dog as soon as it's won.

CS
GeorgeRuss

Hi All,
My first post so please ignore any ignorance.
Thought I would revitalize this thread, possibly not the best time when the World Cup is in full flow.
To all you established botters/servant users, do you believe VWAP holds any weight in "gappy markets" such as greyhound markets?
Messing around with a few things but I'm not sure if VWAP is much help with all the late action, any thoughts very much appreciated.

GR
Michael5482

Having collected data on the greyhounds for the past few months and putting everything into improving my excel/vba skills etc so I've started to put it all together, it's given me a better understanding of how the markets work (still lots to do) so I did something I never set out to do and that's start to trade greyhounds manually from the ladder and it turns out I'm really enjoying it. It's a funny old game this trading
Dallas

Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:58 am
Having collected data on the greyhounds for the past few months and putting everything into improving my excel/vba skills etc so I've started to put it all together, it's given me a better understanding of how the markets work (still lots to do) so I did something I never set out to do and that's start to trade greyhounds manually from the ladder and it turns out I'm really enjoying it. It's a funny old game this trading

Its often the case you go down a rabbit hole and end up doing something you'd never thought of or set out to do
Michael5482

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:58 am

Its often the case you go down a rabbit hole and end up doing something you'd never thought of or set out to do
Yes data/automation certainly is a rabbit hole as I've discovered very quickly but will carry on working with it while I manually trade
ShaunWhite

It's starting to look like last orders for UK greyhound racing, mainly because the GBGB have been so utterly useless at ensuring animal welfare. It would be an inconvenience as I make good money on dogs but these things aren't about self interest and it would be difficult to argue against the proposed ban. I think most people who bet on the dogs already do so with deep concerns about what they're condoning.
Michael5482

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:56 am
It's starting to look like last orders for UK greyhound racing, mainly because the GBGB have been so utterly useless at ensuring animal welfare. It would be an inconvenience as I make good money on dogs but these things aren't about self interest and it would be difficult to argue against the proposed ban. I think most people who bet on the dogs already do so with deep concerns about what they're condoning.
I read the article at the weekend regarding the Welsh Government Committee recommending it should be banned in Wales, so won't be long before something similar gathers momentum in England off the back of it
ShaunWhite

Michael5482 wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:50 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:56 am
I read the article at the weekend regarding the Welsh Government Committee recommending it should be banned in Wales, so won't be long before something similar gathers momentum in England off the back of it
You've only got to count the number of greyhound rehoming charities to see there's a problem. The sport should have been professionalised years ago, industry run 'stables' etc cos its only there for the bookies anyway....rather than for the entertainment of anyone with £500 to buy a dog and breed a dozen pups.
chasgeez

Has anyone got a good tool to extract data from greyhound bet? I'm no good at coding and don't have enough time left on this earth to go through it manually.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”