Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
goat68

Swamidee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 am
I have to say, as yet another would-be trader (for more years than I care to admit!) How completely frustrading (pun intended) it can be, especially on the GH markets. Yes, I see the patterns and swings, but I don’t know of anyone in the history of sports trading that can equal my ability to place themselves on the wrong side of a trade so brutally consistently… oh yes, and then continue blindly to follow that loss into the abyss of bankroll disintigration!
And how on this earth the market forms around certain favourites is beyond me.
Despite Spending hours scanning Timeform, stats (that has proven fruitful at times,) which has proven most often to be utterly ineffectual.
Suffice to say today has been truly rotten, and I hear Peters words to focus on the positives and agree it’s the place to be. (grrr).. But when you’ve picked yourself up off the trading floor for the umpteenth time, your spirit has a tendency to flag.
I have attempted to trade pre-off for and long time, a very long time. I research, listen, watch and head all the wisdom here, but just at the moment I want to scream ‘What the hell am I doing wrong?’
Sorry for the rant-style post, I know where I find myself today will be familiar to many. I Do appreciate everything everyone does in support here. A great place. Thanks everyone.
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D
I feel the same, even though i've only been going 9 months on pre-race horses, I just can't see what I am missing, and I totally understand your frustrated comments, I keep getting knocked down after knock down, it's hard to stay positive. For example my automation bot did great last week it made a profit for the week (+£4.55, small stakes!), but yesterday it gave it ALL back (-£4.84)... so i'm in dumpster mood again this morning... but hey oh maybe it will make it all back again today (think positive!)
Archery1969

Swamidee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 am
I have to say, as yet another would-be trader (for more years than I care to admit!) How completely frustrading (pun intended) it can be, especially on the GH markets. Yes, I see the patterns and swings, but I don’t know of anyone in the history of sports trading that can equal my ability to place themselves on the wrong side of a trade so brutally consistently… oh yes, and then continue blindly to follow that loss into the abyss of bankroll disintigration!
And how on this earth the market forms around certain favourites is beyond me.
Despite Spending hours scanning Timeform, stats (that has proven fruitful at times,) which has proven most often to be utterly ineffectual.
Suffice to say today has been truly rotten, and I hear Peters words to focus on the positives and agree it’s the place to be. (grrr).. But when you’ve picked yourself up off the trading floor for the umpteenth time, your spirit has a tendency to flag.
I have attempted to trade pre-off for and long time, a very long time. I research, listen, watch and head all the wisdom here, but just at the moment I want to scream ‘What the hell am I doing wrong?’
Sorry for the rant-style post, I know where I find myself today will be familiar to many. I Do appreciate everything everyone does in support here. A great place. Thanks everyone.
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D
Hi,

When trading greyhounds, you should always offer your own odds and never take the odds on offer unless your attempting to green-up.

Before the real money enters the markets you can have allot of fun pushing the bot market makers around.

- From 00:10:00 to 00:01:00 place Back trades at Lay_Price -1 (You decide on selection criteria)
- From 00:10:00 to 00:01:00 place Lay trades at Back_Price +1 (You decide on selection criteria)
- From 00:00:50 to 00:00:40 place Geen-up trades at reverse odds.
- From 00:00:30 to 00:00:00 place Green-up trades at current odds,

Have fun,
Swamidee

Hi,

When trading greyhounds, you should always offer your own odds and never take the odds on offer unless your attempting to green-up.

Before the real money enters the markets you can have allot of fun pushing the bot market makers around.

- From 00:10:00 to 00:01:00 place Back trades at Lay_Price -1 (You decide on selection criteria)
- From 00:10:00 to 00:01:00 place Lay trades at Back_Price +1 (You decide on selection criteria)

Have fun,
I am somewhat savvy :lol: to the markets and never (read rarely) take a price on offer, unless it seems like crazy value, Today was ok ... for a brief spell... but as per the market took me by the you-know-whats and had it's wicked way with me!
I get what you're alluding to above, but it seems irrespective of criteria we use the critical point in trading is knowing when to jump ship, and conversely when to let a position run
As we all know It can be one singular tick difference. Kicking ourself if bailing too early - cursing if too late. This for me is the fine line between success and failure and surely comes with knowing the probable movements of the markets. Its all deceptively fluid. Intriguingly so. (The market -She is a cruel temptress indeed)
Maybe it is my jaded vibe just at the minute. Its still thrilling to get a string of great results, even with tiny stakes, but heart-breaking when it all comes crashing.
I still take inspiration from all you Guys & Gals.
Many thanks for the input and advice - much appreciated.
D
Oh, forgot to mention I hopped over to the Nags and had positive trades on all but one market - albeit for minuscule sums. Still, I'll take it!
Archery1969

Swamidee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm
Hi,

Have fun,
I am somewhat savvy :lol: to the markets and never (read rarely) take a price on offer, unless it seems like crazy value, Today was ok ... for a brief spell... but as per the market took me by the you-know-whats and had it's wicked way with me!
I get what you're alluding to above, but it seems irrespective of criteria we use the critical point in trading is knowing when to jump ship, and conversely when to let a position run
As we all know It can be one singular tick difference. Kicking ourself if bailing too early - cursing if too late. This for me is the fine line between success and failure and surely comes with knowing the probable movements of the markets. Its all deceptively fluid. Intriguingly so. (The market -She is a cruel temptress indeed)
Maybe it is my jaded vibe just at the minute. Its still thrilling to get a string of great results, even with tiny stakes, but heart-breaking when it all comes crashing.
I still take inspiration from all you Guys & Gals.
Many thanks for the input and advice - much appreciated.
D
Oh, forgot to mention I hopped over to the Nags and had positive trades on all but one market - albeit for minuscule sums. Still, I'll take it!
One part of my selection criteria is:

If selections back_price < (100 / selections_volume_%) then enter a lay trade @ back_price + 1
if selections lay_price > (100 / selections_volume_%) then enter a back trade @ lay_price - 1

Obviously thats not the whole picture but not far off.

:)
rik

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:54 pm
Swamidee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:43 pm
Hi,

If selections back_price < (100 / selections_volume_%) then enter a lay trade @ back_price + 1
if selections lay_price > (100 / selections_volume_%) then enter a back trade @ lay_price - 1

:)
why??
Swamidee

One part of my selection criteria is:

Intiruiging, I will certainly play around with that formula.... should I order my Ferrari yet? :)

Thanks also Goat, I have been following your comments for a few weeks (in the Shadows) but we are certainly kindred spirits in this respect. Great when folks are generously helping out like this - Heart-warming!
D
puntinrolls

How hard is it to not check on how your bots doing every 5 mins
puntinrolls

Slowly increasing stakes on my bot, I can't imagine these markets taking much. What stake size can I look forward to to get matched in the last 3mins in these?
The Silk Run

puntinrolls wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:11 pm
Slowly increasing stakes on my bot, I can't imagine these markets taking much. What stake size can I look forward to to get matched in the last 3mins in these?
0.10p up to loading, NO problem ...
puntinrolls

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:17 pm
puntinrolls wrote:
I can dream
The Silk Run

puntinrolls wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
puntinrolls wrote:
I can dream
Have you tried it.
puntinrolls

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:26 pm
puntinrolls wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:21 pm
The Silk Run wrote:

I can dream
Have you tried it.
what 10p or max stakes? neither. just looking to do a quick back of envelope calculation
The Silk Run

17.37 Crayford T2,3,4,5 BACK 0.10 each, NOT Dutch.
puntinrolls

My guess is around £10-£20
ODPaul82

Depends on selection you're trying to get onto. I do value lay bets and no issue getting £30-50 on last 30 seconds (as a note max I'm laying up to is 6's).

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”