Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
ODPaul82

rik wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:42 am
not a punter, so if your laying by liability what would be a point, as your stake would vary depending on the odds? thanks
1 point on the dogs for me is 0.5% of bankroll
Swamidee

So, after a couple of weeks of painstaking number crunching, many long hours of Power Query and Guardian tutorials and burning the midnight oil into the wee small hours, I finally came up with a system that felt like it had legs.... only snag, the dogs I backed appeared to be sorely lacking in that department!
Couldn't resist sharing my first days stats with you all... you couldn't write it!..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hhhhmm.... I feel a lay system coming on!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StellaBot

Maybe there is anothher route for profit

I dont kmow
Guessing
StellaBot

There is another way

I wish, beg, 1 person to help

I do work for the NHS

when im well

which is now

Just 1 person
Swamidee

After days weeks of number crunching from files sizes that are now making my laptop begin to smoke and cry ‘STOP! STOP! NO MORE! And after testing numerous theories, divisions and sub divisions of these stats, I have (finally) come to the obvious conclusion… These GH markets are (as suggested) remarkably efficient.
Sure I see the anomalies, but how to know when they occur? I see the track and trap fleeting biases, but nothing appears to sustain for any reliable strategy to succeed.
Power Query is an amazing tool, but I feel, just at the moment, it has revealed more a futility of finding a statistical edge. Though I am also quite willing to concede it is as likely my ability to fail to see the obvious???
Like many here, I find it fascinating to learn and to try to discover angles and edges, but boy it can feel rather deflating at times.

Maybe Cricket is more my thing :lol:

I remain graciously open to all or any assistance.
D
firlandsfarm

Swamidee wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:25 am
Maybe Cricket is more my thing :lol:
I know what you mean. When I place a bet and the dog is bumped out on the first bend my first thought is "it's just not cricket my dear old thing!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
kaylan731

I have been having moderate success with the automated greyhound methods that Dallas put in the automation library.
Such as Scalper the mover and Make market gap scalper.
You need to add a few conditions, still get the occasional red but on £2 stakes only had 2 losing races against 12 winning pnes.
beermonsterman

Swamidee wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:42 pm
So, after a couple of weeks of painstaking number crunching, many long hours of Power Query and Guardian tutorials and burning the midnight oil into the wee small hours, I finally came up with a system that felt like it had legs.... only snag, the dogs I backed appeared to be sorely lacking in that department!
Couldn't resist sharing my first days stats with you all... you couldn't write it!..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hhhhmm.... I feel a lay system coming on!
Lay system coming on lol when my automation bot failed miserable while backing in certain conditions I had the same brain wave if I always loose then change it to lay bets I'm sure to win how wrong was I their the dynamics of trading spin my head
lotora

What's the best/easiest way to get informed about delayed races? (The Sunderland races today are delayed, but I can't see that Betfair has changed the time schedule).
Atho55

Have you tried using the Slicer feature in Excel instead of Power Query to analyse your data. You might need to make your data more granular but it might be worth the extra effort. Here are some examples for the nags for Kempton to show how you can use it.

Selecting specific odds at Kempton. It`s the Gold set at the right.

Kemp All.jpg

February only using the same set

Kemp Feb.jpg

Last race using the same set

Kemp Day.jpg

You now know what HAS worked. The only decision is how likely is it to work going forward. Will it win more than it loses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Swamidee

You now know what HAS worked. The only decision is how likely is it to work going forward. Will it win more than it loses.
You've said it all there!

Well, looking at your spreadsheet tells me I have a way to go with my analysis, and probably a new pc that can handle it! Fantastic work, very impressive. Yes I have more digging to do.
Thank you.
D
Atho55

Migrate your data to Access then create a link between Excel and Access. Sounds daunting but is easy ish and works very well. Only Excel needs to be open to work and more nimble.

Only other suggestion would be to expand on the time element. Year, Month, Day, Wk No, Time etc.
lotora

What's the best/easiest way to get informed about delayed races?
Swamidee

Atho55 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:25 pm
Migrate your data to Access then create a link between Excel and Access. Sounds daunting but is easy ish and works very well. Only Excel needs to be open to work and more nimble.

Only other suggestion would be to expand on the time element. Year, Month, Day, Wk No, Time etc.
I really appreciate theses suggestions, though if I'm honest, its all greek to me. I have however found the slicers to be an amazing statistical aid, and a short cut which has uncovered some 'interesting' data. Its intriguing that it seems the more data one analyses the larger the sample is required to really secure one's hypotheses as to there being a bias or edge. Like delving into fractals!

Many thanks.
Thrungus

Betfair are giving away free money today

2 Greyhound markets haven't been suspended and have gone past the off and retained until the dogs passed the post!

the 13:33 at Romford was a pot of money.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”