Trading Greyhound racing

We've gone to the dogs.
ANGELS15

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:34 am
BF slow to suspend the 10:31 at Romford - dogs halfway around before suspension
Did they void the bets/trades on the race? I recall a few years ago I had a succesfull trade on a dog race but Betfair forgot to suspend the market and voided all bets.
spreadbetting

ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Did they void the bets/trades on the race? I recall a few years ago I had a succesfull trade on a dog race but Betfair forgot to suspend the market and voided all bets.
They settled as usual no voided bets, was settled at 10.33 so doubt they'd even noticed they suspended late.
ANGELS15

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:42 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Jukebox wrote:
They settled as usual no voided bets, was settled at 10.33 so doubt they'd even noticed they suspended late.
It seems likely they settled it as normal as they managed to suspend it before the race finished. I think in my case they had forgotten to suspend it altogether.
Emmson

That is a damn nuisance when a dog meeting is delayed and you only learn afterwards and you've been trading that meeting. :roll:
Anbell

puntinrolls wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am
You (your bot) have a back bet in the market, I think you have 3 options.

1. Do nothing
2. Green up
3. Take SP

I'd like to here peoples opinions/thoughts/advice on what's standard In this scenario or perhaps it doesn't matter to much.
Depending on a few things but:
1 is more expensive than 2 in terms of commission
2 is more expensive than Reverse Greening
puntinrolls

Anbell wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 pm
puntinrolls wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:55 am
You (your bot) have a back bet in the market, I think you have 3 options.

1. Do nothing
2. Green up
3. Take SP

I'd like to here peoples opinions/thoughts/advice on what's standard In this scenario or perhaps it doesn't matter to much.
Depending on a few things but:
1 is more expensive than 2 in terms of commission
2 is more expensive than Reverse Greening
Thanks, I think I have an idea on how to move forward.
Swamidee

I have to say, as yet another would-be trader (for more years than I care to admit!) How completely frustrading (pun intended) it can be, especially on the GH markets. Yes, I see the patterns and swings, but I don’t know of anyone in the history of sports trading that can equal my ability to place themselves on the wrong side of a trade so brutally consistently… oh yes, and then continue blindly to follow that loss into the abyss of bankroll disintigration!
And how on this earth the market forms around certain favourites is beyond me.
Despite Spending hours scanning Timeform, stats (that has proven fruitful at times,) which has proven most often to be utterly ineffectual.
Suffice to say today has been truly rotten, and I hear Peters words to focus on the positives and agree it’s the place to be. (grrr).. But when you’ve picked yourself up off the trading floor for the umpteenth time, your spirit has a tendency to flag.
I have attempted to trade pre-off for and long time, a very long time. I research, listen, watch and head all the wisdom here, but just at the moment I want to scream ‘What the hell am I doing wrong?’
Sorry for the rant-style post, I know where I find myself today will be familiar to many. I Do appreciate everything everyone does in support here. A great place. Thanks everyone.
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D
ljr

have to say, as yet another would-be trader (for more years than I care to admit!) How completely frustrading (pun intended) it can be, especially on the GH markets. Yes, I see the patterns and swings, but I don’t know of anyone in the history of sports trading that can equal my ability to place themselves on the wrong side of a trade so brutally consistently… oh yes, and then continue blindly to follow that loss into the abyss of bankroll disintigration!
And how on this earth the market forms around certain favourites is beyond me.
Despite Spending hours scanning Timeform, stats (that has proven fruitful at times,) which has proven most often to be utterly ineffectual.
Suffice to say today has been truly rotten, and I hear Peters words to focus on the positives and agree it’s the place to be. (grrr).. But when you’ve picked yourself up off the trading floor for the umpteenth time, your spirit has a tendency to flag.
I have attempted to trade pre-off for and long time, a very long time. I research, listen, watch and head all the wisdom here, but just at the moment I want to scream ‘What the hell am I doing wrong?’
Sorry for the rant-style post, I know where I find myself today will be familiar to many. I Do appreciate everything everyone does in support here. A great place. Thanks everyone.
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D

+1
napshnap

Swamidee wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 am
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D
Read this huge thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20298.
It may give you a few thoughts.
Swamidee

Swamidee wrote: ↑
Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 am
Ever onward..?? maybe.
D
Read this huge thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20298.
It may give you a few thoughts.
Thanks Nashnap, Oh if life were that simple! Been there, done that, and still do. For sure works fine if all the bots are snoozing, and the world and his wife have decided not to trade that day. It's a sound tactic, but alas most often by the time you are matched the value mark is usually way exceeded, then when some wise guy with fathomless pockets dumps an order on t'other side, well, you are left somewhat scantily clad, so to speak. This trading game is full of nuance and subtly, sure simplicity at times but there is a big intuitive element to it.
I recall a tutorial where Peter-the-Wizard talks about the market knocking you around, and it really can feel like that. Must be fabulous to feel in control and have honed that sense as best one can. Here's hoping.. and thanks again, you kindness is much appreciated.
D

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”