We've gone to the dogs.
firlandsfarm

johnsheppard wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:15 am
The excel workbook to covert it is here;
https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook
CallumPerry wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 am
For future traders trying this, you need to have 7-zip downloaded in advance, it’s all on the word document supplied through this link: https://github.com/betfair/historic-data-workbook

Make sure you have the correct one, I’m 64-bit not 32. I think that’s why the workbook wasn’t working for me last week. I have just managed to get further than last time but will have more of a look tomorrow and update this thread with my findings on the off chance it possibly helps anybody else in the future. The next part looks like it requires a non-sleepy brain.

Callum
Hi John, Callum … I'm getting nowhere in trying to use historical data (TAR files) and GitHub. :( I can't get anything to download from the GitHub webpage, not the docx nor the xlsm … I'm logged in and can see links but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong because they do nothing! I have checked I am using the 32 bit version of Excel and I have 7-zip installed not that that should matter if I can't download the workbook. :( Can you help please?
johnsheppard

Sry Firlandsfarm. I only knew of it's existence, I have never actually tried to use it. My knowhow is with c#/sql. I'm not so good with excel. Stream stuffs takes a fair bit of guff to get up and working with.

But as for downloading. Should just be able to click on the green code button. Click download zip. Should be in there.

Part of the problem is that the stream data doesn't contain everything you'd probably want to know...like...market catalogue sort of stuff...you'll see in the readme there that the excel will only extract;

o Date & Time
o MarketId,
o Market Status,
o In-Play (true of false),
o SelectionId,
o LastPriceTraded
Dallas

Vaz0202 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:15 pm
MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:39 pm
you could do it in automation on a similar line as i do with odds.

Capture.jpg
Sorry to bump this old thread.
How do I go about setting that layout up? RE historic odds changes
Try these
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16350
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=21085
firlandsfarm

johnsheppard wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:01 pm
Sry Firlandsfarm. I only knew of it's existence, I have never actually tried to use it. My knowhow is with c#/sql. I'm not so good with excel. Stream stuffs takes a fair bit of guff to get up and working with.

But as for downloading. Should just be able to click on the green code button. Click download zip. Should be in there.

Part of the problem is that the stream data doesn't contain everything you'd probably want to know...like...market catalogue sort of stuff...you'll see in the readme there that the excel will only extract;

o Date & Time
o MarketId,
o Market Status,
o In-Play (true of false),
o SelectionId,
o LastPriceTraded
It's OK now John, downloaded, thanks for your interest and efforts. I suspect I was in Internet Explorer as BA stuff still defaults there and I find some websites are no longer working in IE. I've raised this under Suggestions but there's no positive comment. :( Is it that difficult to change BA to open in the user's default browser, I dunno (rhetorical question! :) )

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”