Question for Greyhound Traders please.....!

We've gone to the dogs.
liltbrockie

I have a rather successful lay strategy

Over the last 6 months 507 out of 520 Lays won = 97.5 % S/R @ odds between 9..10

UK Greyhound traders.... what would you say the average maximum £££ you can get matched on, just before race start for odds around 9 ... 10 please?

£30 - £50 realistic? More?
Archery1969

liltbrockie wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:20 am
I have a rather successful lay strategy

Over the last 6 months 507 out of 520 Lays won = 97.5 % S/R @ odds between 9..10

UK Greyhound traders.... what would you say the average maximum £££ you can get matched on, just before race start for odds around 9 ... 10 please?

£30 - £50 realistic? More?
Very much depends on the race grade type and if it’s morning, afternoon, evening or weekend race meeting.

You would struggle to get matched on a morning race with a few hundred pounds traded but should be fine for a weekend race with 20,000 traded etc.
poklius

I would test that system with £2 stakes for couple month, as I'm 97.5% sure you have backfitted strategy
liltbrockie

Not back fitted...

Been there done that!

This is all done on sound theory and reasonable logic.

The past 6 months has all been running SINCE initial tests and set up
spreadbetting

If it's been running for 6 months I'd assume you'd have some idea of the stakes you can stick thru the markets by now.

If not , like other have said greyhound markets can vary from track to track, day to day. Maybe download the free data from Betfair and compile yourself some stats as they contain matched bet data. Problem with the greyhounds is they're generally botted, probably from scripts Dallas has posted, so many bets will stand out like a sore thumb and get front run by the penny and pound bettors.
Jukebox

The most fun time was when all those to 'Find The Gap' bots were outfinding each other.
CallumPerry

Is there a general rule for what we can deem the maximum stake to be given we know the total market volume after an event? I.e. A 6 runner greyhound market trades £6k, £1k exactly on each of the runners. What would trader's opinion be for the maximum stake they could realistically get in and out of the market?

Same question for horses, football etc given the total market volume figure after the event, how could you go about working out where the ceiling is? Anybody got a rule of thumb formula?

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”