Peter Webb taking SP on greyhound automation

We've gone to the dogs.
ShaunWhite

Leeds1919 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 pm
I open a position, put the closing position in and if unmatched before the off it goes to SP. It's no more complex than that.
But its not greened up its NET stake so that's why the profit and loss is bumpy as you say?
You can stake whatever you want from getting a free bet thru to fully hedged, but when BSP is resolved the staking is now just slightly wrong . Why are you convinced it's net stake?
Leeds1919

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:20 pm
Leeds1919 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm
Euler wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 pm
I open a position, put the closing position in and if unmatched before the off it goes to SP. It's no more complex than that.
But its not greened up its NET stake so that's why the profit and loss is bumpy as you say?
You can stake whatever you want from getting a free bet thru to fully hedged, but when BSP is resolved the staking is now just slightly wrong . Why are you convinced it's net stake?
Im not convinced of anything thats why theres a question mark. Ive seen a few of Peters videos and he says he never greens up until the very last, thats why im wondering if its NET stake.

Or does he do it differently with automation? For example is the closing order that gets taken to SP a green up order? I should have asked that in the first instance, I realise I havent asked this question clearly :oops:
Euler

Just offset with greening and take it to SP
ShaunWhite

Leeds1919 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:35 pm
I realise I havent asked this question clearly :oops:
no probs.
Bottomline is that everyone just does what suits them and/or their abilities. Personally I maintain a closing order that gets taken at SP which hedges(ish). It very rarely gets it spot on so the race outcome affects the pl. Some I gain on and some I loss on but over 1000s it evens out because bsp, taken at large scale, is just about correct. In that regard unless you're concerned about more variation than necessary (and paying slightly more commission) letting dogs run vs closing them out makes little long term difference.
Leeds1919

Ok that makes a lot of sense. Thanks both of you for your patience as much as your knowledge.
Anbell

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:10 pm
Presumably he greens up at sp. It's fairly standard.
You just need to maintain a greening back or lay bet placed outside of the current range to cover your current liability, and set that to take sp.
I recently asked a couple of questions here on this point but didnt get an answer. And I think this might be at the heart of Leeds1919 's issue about Net Stake.

Because if you're greening up into BSP it is nearly impossible via automation because (I dont think) you don't know what the liability is on any runner, and you don't know what the Trade Profit figure is either. So the best you can do (I think) is either trade out with Net Stakes, and end up with lots of ZERO races. Or do what Peter is doing, and stop the automation, green up, and then start playing again.

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”