Trap Number Condition??

We've gone to the dogs.
paspuggie48

Numpty question again from me.

I've been dabbling with automating Greyhounds and doing nicely too, not as good as Memphis's 2017 system though ;)

However, from the analysis of 1000 races thus far there is a propensity for Trap 6 to go against me.

So I thought I'd add a rule to ignore Trap 6.

Stall Number.png

Have I done this right, is it Stall Draw Condition I need?

Reason for asking is, the automation has stopped placing any trades since I applied it. As soon as I removed it, the bot started working again.

What am I doing wrong? Advice required please gurus :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Easiest way is probably to set a signal called "Trap6", apply it to selection in row 6 betfair order, then on your rule create a condition where "Trap6" is/is not set with a value depending on what you want to do.
paspuggie48

Thank you Memphis. I'm not too hot on automation at the moment but getting there.

So, my next question is, Trap 6 could be the fav or rank outsider, so how would it know what row in betfair order it is?

Or am I missing a trick or understanding of how the whole signal thing works?
MemphisFlash

You are working on betfair row 6 will always be trap 6, it doesnt matter if it is the favourite or not.
if you want the fav then you selection criteria would be in order of favouritism not betfair row number.
paspuggie48

Ahhhh...maybe your previous post is something I'm looking? You have an option for other Trap numbers?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17332
paspuggie48

Oops, posted before I saw your message.

Great, understood now...thank you very much :) ;)
Anbell

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:06 am
You are working on betfair row 6 will always be trap 6, it doesnt matter if it is the favourite or not.
FYI this is not true for Australia if there's a scratching that isnt replaced with a reserve.
jamesedwards

A couple of things from me:

Without checking I dont think that greyhounds are allocated stall numbers by Betfair. This may be why it is not working?

All UK and Ire now seems to have 6 dog races only and all Aus seems to be 8. There are often non-runners and empty trap numbers in Aus and occasionally that happens in UK too. When using Betfair rows dont forget a non-runner will change the row for trap numbers greater than the non-runner. eg if T2 is a non-runner then T3 will be row 2, T4 row 3 and so on. If you are doing UK only then you can just remove row 6 from your automations - this will remove trap 6 for 99% of races. If Aus then it is significantly more difficult.

PS I'm deep in Greyhound automations myself to try and churn through commission. It's doing my head in! Any advice you can offer please do on here of PM. Thanks :mrgreen:
zhabou

I to have been trying to automate greyhound bets. I have found that different tracks may have a bias according to the trap number so I was trying to set up different files for each track.. I have tried everything to get the bot to place a bet with a 'Stall Draw' condition similar to the previous post. As soon as this condition is removed the bot works. According to the manual this should work with both dogs and horses. Can anybody help with this. I am using version 1.55.
Thanks in advance.
Dallas

In greyhound racing the trap numbers correlate to the Betfair row numbers
So for the OP if you wanted to avoid trap 6 and you are using V1.55 you can just add a 'Current Selection' condition to test the mut is not in trap 6

zhabou wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:52 pm
I to have been trying to automate greyhound bets. I have found that different tracks may have a bias according to the trap number so I was trying to set up different files for each track.. I have tried everything to get the bot to place a bet with a 'Stall Draw' condition similar to the previous post. As soon as this condition is removed the bot works. According to the manual this should work with both dogs and horses. Can anybody help with this. I am using version 1.55.
Thanks in advance.

With V1.55 you could now set everything up in one file (might be worth me doing an example along these lines for the shared files library), but lets assume you want to back trap 1 at certain tracks
you'd create a back bet rule and apply to Betfair row 1
Then use a 'Text Comparison' condition and enter all the market names (tracks) it can trigger on

You could then add another back bet rule applied to Betfair row 5
then add the same condition this time listing tracks with a bias of trap 5

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”