Greybot

We've gone to the dogs.
jimibt

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:13 pm
ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:32 am
Have attached points made since I started mine off on the 16th October to give you an idea about the variance I've had with mine.

It's not trades it's purely a laying bot, no hedging of position prior to the off and has triggered on 3,029 races (some races have more selections than others).

The average daily return to yesterday is 1.46 points which for my requirements and the time vs effort that I have to put into maintaining it (one data refresh per month which takes about half hour of processing then 2 minutes to load on VPS each evening) am more than happy with.

Best performing day was 12.1 points up
Worst performing day was 7.14 points down.

Most at risk on any one race is 1 point

gh results.png
Pretty decent that mate!
in all humility and honesty, I've been on here about 4-5 years and was doing this stuff a good while before that. mostly automation for me tbh, as i'm pretty heavy handed and prone to emotions, so that works best for me. i'd say it's still a big learning excercise and one that's taken me almost all of the period that i've been on here to assimilate and learn from. so in essence, don't beat yourself up if you find a months' worth or so of trades are not returning as expected. in short, expect the unexpected -that's where the growth area exists (literally!!)
ODPaul82

Thanks, it's over-performing at the moment (not that I'm complaining!).

Back testing of the idea showed that on average it makes 23 points a month, there are down-swings with it that can go 30-35 points down so to cater for that I set the value per point at something I'm comfortable with knowing that in theory it will reverse back.
newaustralian

Thank you for all your posts. I have taken some fantastic advice. My mistake 1 – what works on horses doesn’t always work on the dogs. My Mistake 2 – the market is brighter than me. Taking my own advice, I have developed a greyhound bot that has worked over 500 races. Logic ( simplified) I lay drifting favourites for a fixed liability. The parameters I am using to determine what is a significant drift and if the race type and distance a factor is a work in progress. I will keep you informed
BillyWalters

Interesting this. Worked on many a greyhound bot with little success. This thread has given me the itch to take another look. Good luck all

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”