Win/Place correlation

We've gone to the dogs.
rik

It seems place odds for the UK and Australian Greyhound racing are quite in line with the win odds, say you had 2 runners with similar odds on the win market they would also be almost identical on the place market or say its a balanced 6 runner race with no clear favourite youd have an odds 5 shot about evens to place etc with no clear exceptions

I would have assumed that fast starting dogs are more likely to place in relation to wininng as they are less likely to run into trouble causing a flop performance.
Other than that Greyhounds seem a lot more consistent than Horses in terms of trouble free times?
With Horses there are clear differences in place odds in relation to win odds but thats more down to some just being top or flop.
Any greyhound experts??
Swamidee

rik wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:22 am
It seems place odds for the UK and Australian Greyhound racing are quite in line with the win odds, say you had 2 runners with similar odds on the win market they would also be almost identical on the place market or say its a balanced 6 runner race with no clear favourite youd have an odds 5 shot about evens to place etc with no clear exceptions

I would have assumed that fast starting dogs are more likely to place in relation to wininng as they are less likely to run into trouble causing a flop performance.
Other than that Greyhounds seem a lot more consistent than Horses in terms of trouble free times?
With Horses there are clear differences in place odds in relation to win odds but thats more down to some just being top or flop.
Any greyhound experts??
I'm No expert, but if memory serves me 64% of dogs leading at the first bend go on to win.
D

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”