5oo points go or no ?

We've gone to the dogs.
ilovepizza82

After months of modelling I think i finally stumbled upon something.
My question is this (to people who lay dogs on betfair). Do you think 500 points profit per year (no recovery involved) is a good result or is it crap and i should look for something better and its crap system ?

(Just want to compare it to other people's lay systems)
EDIT2: Whats the average amount of points per year I should be looking for ?
napshnap

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:18 am
After months of modelling I think i finally stumbled upon something.
My question is this (to people who lay dogs on betfair). Do you think 500 points profit per year (no recovery involved) is a good result or is it crap and i should look for something better and its crap system ?

(Just want to compare it to other people's lay systems)
EDIT2: Whats the average amount of points per year I should be looking for ?
If you backtested it and it's consistent than why not? 500 points sounds good to me.
I've some "back" strategies in development and I expect 200-300 points profit per year.
CallumPerry

I'd be more interested in little volatility and steady growth with a large data sample. Would be really annoying having to turn a bot on daily and breaking even for three months straight before a big win makes the equity curve look pretty. Equally, if the volatility meant I'd make £50k but at one point be -£60K down ... goes without saying.
mgrant

What is your turnover to make 500 points profit.I imagine it would be in the hundreds of thousands area.
granty
jamesedwards

Depends totally on what stakes your system works at as well as your individual circumstances. eg if the return% collapses at anything over £10 a point then it might not be worth the bother for less than £5k per year? If it works fine at £100 per point, for example, then it's boots filling time!

Don't assume that if it's working at a certain stake then it will return the same % at a higher stake. That's a mistake I've been making for years.

Make sure you've back tested it. Very easy to create a bot that makes a small amount of money 99.9% of the time but every now and again will drop an absolute bollock and wipe out all your profits!

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”