BSP data.

We've gone to the dogs.
TheSteve

Hi,

I’ve downloaded all the greyhound data and have been going through them manually using the filtering and sorting to test for certain outcomes. Is there a YouTube video or can anyone point me in the direction of how I can write something that extracts results quickly, as it’s killing my eyes at this point?

Basically, I want it to count a certain amount of times a dog goes off at a price or lower and to return the races in which it does. Also counting how many times a certain priced dog won the race ?

Thanks in advance, Stephen
Anbell

TheSteve wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:13 pm
Hi,

I’ve downloaded all the greyhound data and have been going through them manually using the filtering and sorting to test for certain outcomes. Is there a YouTube video or can anyone point me in the direction of how I can write something that extracts results quickly, as it’s killing my eyes at this point?

Basically, I want it to count a certain amount of times a dog goes off at a price or lower and to return the races in which it does. Also counting how many times a certain priced dog won the race ?

Thanks in advance, Stephen
Increase the size of the font, and use excel pivot tables
TheSteve

Thanks for helping, That does help the manual data sifting a great deal, however, I was hoping something like a formulae or a YouTube video teaching me how to write such code or macros? I'm very fresh to this so not sure if I'm using the right terms.

Stephen
ShaunWhite

You probably won't find exactly what you want anywhere so it's well worth doing a crash course in Excel generally (structured learning not a load of random YT vids) and you'll soon see the sort of things you can do quite easily.

I'd suggest trying a site called Udemy, I've done a few courses on there in various things and they've all been excellent, including the free ones.

https://www.udemy.com/topic/excel/?pric ... popularity
TheSteve

Thanks Sean,

That's what I will do, if the free ones don't give me what I need. I'll pay for one and it's never not going to be useful knowledge. :)

Stephen 8-)
Atho55

If you split out your data so that each bit of information sits in it`s own column then within Excel you can create a simple Pivot table and control the output via the Slicer feature. Like so
TheSteve.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheSteve

Very good, I'll use this while I teach myself how to write Macros. Thanks
Anbell

TheSteve wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:02 pm
Very good, I'll use this while I teach myself how to write Macros. Thanks
A good place to start might be to record your macro

Return to “Trading Greyhound racing”