Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:43 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:34 pm
What a bonkers race that was!

5 laps from the end I was putting my lay orders in on Max for the Championship with the logic that after this race any advantage Red Bull may have been getting from their rear wing will be gone before the next race so advantage Hamilton then bedlam! :lol:

That's two big mistakes from Hamilton already this season, maybe the pressure of having a genuine challenger this year.
Bit puzzled about the walls on the starting straight. If Jos's right rear had gone, he would have veared left and hit a wall head-on at 200mph. Looked like an easy fix to create a smooth flow, rather than an ugly smash.

Jos? Showing your age there mate :D

Stroll's left rear blew as well and he veered left into the wall but it's practically impossible to predict what way the car is going to go in that situation. Luckily for both of them it didn't happen at the end of the straight under braking, that could have been very nasty.

It's amazing just how safe F1 is. Was watching the Indy500 las weekend and it was like the wild west in comparison!
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:53 am
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:43 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

5 laps from the end I was putting my lay orders in on Max for the Championship with the logic that after this race any advantage Red Bull may have been getting from their rear wing will be gone before the next race so advantage Hamilton then bedlam! :lol:

That's two big mistakes from Hamilton already this season, maybe the pressure of having a genuine challenger this year.
Bit puzzled about the walls on the starting straight. If Jos's right rear had gone, he would have veared left and hit a wall head-on at 200mph. Looked like an easy fix to create a smooth flow, rather than an ugly smash.

Jos? Showing your age there mate :D

Stroll's left rear blew as well and he veered left into the wall but it's practically impossible to predict what way the car is going to go in that situation. Luckily for both of them it didn't happen at the end of the straight under braking, that could have been very nasty.

It's amazing just how safe F1 is. Was watching the Indy500 las weekend and it was like the wild west in comparison!
Doh! :lol: At least I can't make the same mistake with Schumacher.
Tuco

Trader Pat wrote:

...it was a good race that - enjoyed trading it :)
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

...it was a good race that - enjoyed trading it :)
It's nice to be on the right side of late carnage 8-)
Tuco

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm
Verstappen was matched down to 1.04 just before his tyre blew.

Hamilton was matched down to 1.50 as he passed Perez on the re-start - I would have been piling in had he made the first corner, but the Mercedes doesn't warm up it's tyres very well this year - last year they had the benefit of their DAS system to warm the tyres but that's been outlawed this year so they're struggling to get temperature into them.
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:35 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:37 pm
Verstappen was matched down to 1.04 just before his tyre blew.

Hamilton was matched down to 1.50 as he passed Perez on the re-start - I would have been piling in had he made the first corner, but the Mercedes doesn't warm up it's tyres very well this year - last year they had the benefit of their DAS system to warm the tyres but that's been outlawed this year so they're struggling to get temperature into them.
Apparently Lewis hit the 'magic button' without realising it and changed the brake balance of the car which is why he sailed straight on. Oops!
Crazyskier

I layed Lewis for the pole in quali, (thanks LeClerc!) but like to sit back and enjoy the Max vs Lewis battle royale on race day, without the stresses of trading of having to look at a screen.

This was indeed one of the most dramatic finishes to a race in many a year!

Biggest surprise of the day? Vettel on the podium again!

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:49 pm

Biggest surprise of the day? Vettel on the podium again!

CS

I thought he was finished!

Hope he can build on it when we get back to 'proper' race tracks
Euler

F1 looks a lot more interesting this year.
Trader Pat

Really nice surprise, I was worried it would be another procession but its great to see two top drivers in near equal machinery going at it.
ShaunWhite

My lad changed the timing chains on a car owned by Mercs chief engine designer a little while ago. He was so please with how quick it had been that he brought him a printout of the 2021 overall draft car design, actual sign-off signatures not photocopies. Only condition... I don't want to see it on ebay 😊. A job would have been better but not bad though, 3 yrs ago I thought he'd never get a proper job but the boy done good.
IMG-20210530-WA0000b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Very nice Shaun!

I used to have a model of Jean Alesi's '97 Benetton until one day my mother visited and decided to give it a dusting. She was an aggressive duster and broke the mirrors off then dropped it!

My F1 pride and joy ruined :D
Tuco

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am
Apparently Lewis hit the 'magic button' without realising it and changed the brake balance of the car which is why he sailed straight on. Oops!
...yeah - all a bit weird, I couldn't see him hit in when viewing again - I wonder if he actually left it 'on' when lining up after the warm-up lap? Is it their new way (after DAS) of getting some temperature into the front tyres/brake discs?
Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:53 pm
F1 looks a lot more interesting this year.
...sure does!
LinusP

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:13 am
My lad changed the timing chains on a car owned by Mercs chief engine designer a little while ago. He was so please with how quick it had been that he brought him a printout of the 2021 overall draft car design, actual sign-off signatures not photocopies. Only condition... I don't want to see it on ebay 😊. A job would have been better but not bad though, 3 yrs ago I thought he'd never get a proper job but the boy done good.
IMG-20210530-WA0000b.jpg
Wow that is cool, needs to be framed!
Trader Pat

Tuco wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:58 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:33 am
...yeah - all a bit weird, I couldn't see him hit in when viewing again - I wonder if he actually left it 'on' when lining up after the warm-up lap? Is it their new way (after DAS) of getting some temperature into the front tyres/brake discs?
Yeah I couldn't see it either, leaving it on is probably more likely.

These cars are so complicated now who knows what's going on?!

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”