Olympics 2021 (nee 2020)

Any markets not covered in the other boards
gazuty

Let the games begin.
Dallas

Firstly let's congratulate Australia on being awarded the 2032 games to be held in Brisbane
Lutruwita

Maybe Brisbane should have got the hint when no one else bid for the Games?
gazuty

Something to note. I was looking for certain Olympic markets in Guardian.

There is a tab for Olympics and within that a drop down for the different sports.

And then I couldn't see the Athletics or the Swimming or the Cyling.

Then I realised that is because Athletics, Swimming and Cycling are already BF categories and hence you go to those tabs to find those events and there are drop downs to Olympics.

(PS for clarity, this is just the way BF have organised the markets, nothing to do with Guardian itself).
Euler

I get the feeling this could be quite a mixed up Olympics. Athletes spend a lot of time trying to peak for major competitions and it's all gone wrong on this occasion, so I'd be surprised if they can maintain their peak for an extra year.
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:13 am
I get the feeling this could be quite a mixed up Olympics. Athletes spend a lot of time trying to peak for major competitions and it's all gone wrong on this occasion, so I'd be surprised if they can maintain their peak for an extra year.
Good point. Lay the fav 🤔

I always like markets where national pride overwhelms odds. 👍
greenmark

Opening ceremony. Super-spreading event!
Only joking. :-)
gazuty

Good start

8D47B31D-F707-4DFD-BB95-D706AD61EC77.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Staggeringly incompetent start to the mens triathlon.
greenmark

Yee is lookng pretty spritely on the 10k leg. Come on lad!
greenmark

Superb demonstration of Japanese robotics. A beer case sized wheely runs onto the pitch and vomits a rugby ball,.
Stellar stuff.
All round the Japan Olympics is (are?) letting me down so far.
The footy pitches a pretty nice though.
greenmark

While I'm on a roll. Why do we have underarm pitching in women's baseball?
It's woman on woman. There's as many girls out there that can chuck a ball, as there are men.
It's these stupid rules that put girls off sport.
greenmark

Still just me?
Oh well.
Great stuff from Daley and Lee. If you look at their starting points it takes some talent and practice to end up in synch at the entry point. Very, very good indeed.
And silver for Lauren Williams could be just a prelude to better things.
Peaty? Gold. What else where you expecting? GB doesn't get the opportunity to strut very often, well done!
And then Pidcock away and gone, fabulous!
gazuty

I wonder about the general level of enthusiasm for the Olympics.

Like some other things, when I was younger I really looked forward to the Olympics. My first memory is 1980 Moscow, the dancing at the opening ceremony and the tear on the bear at the end. Perhaps my biggest Olympic "thirll" was watching Debbie Flintoff King win the hurdles in 88 at Seoul - watching on a TV with a crowd of others at Uni and the girl next to me (complete stranger) just pashing me when the result became clear.

Perhaps the time zone is too unfriendly for those in Europe/UK. Clearly organisers have scheduled events for the US tv audience (swimming finals in the morning) so probably not many of you got up to watch Adam Peatty.
greenmark

gazuty wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 pm
I wonder about the general level of enthusiasm for the Olympics.

Like some other things, when I was younger I really looked forward to the Olympics. My first memory is 1980 Moscow, the dancing at the opening ceremony and the tear on the bear at the end. Perhaps my biggest Olympic "thirll" was watching Debbie Flintoff King win the hurdles in 88 at Seoul - watching on a TV with a crowd of others at Uni and the girl next to me (complete stranger) just pashing me when the result became clear.

Perhaps the time zone is too unfriendly for those in Europe/UK. Clearly organisers have scheduled events for the US tv audience (swimming finals in the morning) so probably not many of you got up to watch Adam Peatty.
Oz really set the standard for GB to aspire to. A friend of mine left the UK to be a sports coach in Oz. It was his dream and he achieved it. Sadly lost touch, but a real positive guy.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”