Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

Hopefully the season continues as its started. Red Bull and Ferrari are very evenly matched.

All Mercedes powered cars are well off the pace. Hamilton was overtaken by the Ferrari powered Haas towards the end of the race on pure pace. Going to be a long season for him if they don't start making gains.
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:01 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:35 pm
It seems Latifi has found his raison d'être. Crash strategically to stuff everything up.
He's the crash test dummy of F1 at present. Sadly. Great result by Max thougha dn brilliant to see Leclerc rise to the occasion also. Two future legends of the sport IMO.

CS
Yes, both genuine challengers for Lewis. Or maybe it's Russell now. But Merc need to find something pretty spectacular. Who'd have thought it?
Ferrari have always had a big influence over F1 regs and the pundits are saying Ferrari sacrificed last season to focus on the new regs.
Could get quite tasty if Merc find some upgrades. Wouldn't that be fun? 3 teams duking it out! :-)

This is an interesting read about the rule changes.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60758079
Crazyskier

Well I was up at 7 to see the quali. Took a decent chunk off Sainz for pole around 6s, which was exceptional value IMO, and proved to be so when he was unlucky with the red flag then caved under pressure and went wide on the one remaining flying lap to qualify P9.

Charles Leclerc was always favourite for pole here, in my view, Max tried hard but that Ferrari is looking amazing at Melbourne, especially in Charles's hands. Lewis and George were very evenly matched and both did well I thought to get to 5th and 6th. Alonso was unlucky, having had the fastest middle sector of anyone, to crash out with a suspected hydraulic issue. Norris was exceptional to get P4 on the grid, especially when Ricciardo is at his home race in the same car and could only reach P7.

I'll be up at 5.50 tomorrow morning to see the race (4.30 coverage, 6 am start) and expect to see a repeat of the last 2 races, where Max and Charles have been duking it out at the front, so should be a good one!

CS
Euler

Great to see the support F1 is getting in Miami.

It's amazing how they have converted that stadium into an F1 track!
aperson

Thanks to Betfair for suspending the pole position market during the final flying laps. :roll:
Tuco

aperson wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:03 pm
Thanks to Betfair for suspending the pole position market during the final flying laps. :roll:
...they always do that as they are a bunch of retards that do not understand that the qualifying session actually finishes when all 10 cars in Q3 have passed the checkered flag rather than when the qualifying time time reaches zero after which time the cars will be waved the checkered flag when they next pass.
Dublin_Flyer

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... ast-summer
I've little interest in F1 since back when Jordan was sold but I find the current row pretty hilarious. A bunch of staff including head of aerodynamics move from Red Bull to Aston Martin and the Aston Martin car ends up looking remarkably similar to the Red Bull one. "Wasn't us gov'ner, pure coincidence" :lol:
Trader Pat

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:45 pm
I've little interest in F1 since back when Jordan was sold but I find the current row pretty hilarious. A bunch of staff including head of aerodynamics move from Red Bull to Aston Martin and the Aston Martin car ends up looking remarkably similar to the Red Bull one. "Wasn't us gov'ner, pure coincidence" :lol:
F1 could do with personalities like EJ back on the tv.

If you put all the presenters on Sky F1 into a blender you'd be struggling to squeeze out 1 personality between the lot of them! :)
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:06 pm
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

If you put all the presenters on Sky F1 into a blender you'd be struggling to squeeze out 1 personality between the lot of them! :)
Cruel but sadly true. Comes to something when Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert seem slightly interesting. And Trundle is positively anarchic. Oh for a James Hunt (not a euphemism).
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:30 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Dublin_Flyer wrote:

Cruel but sadly true. Comes to something when Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert seem slightly interesting. And Trundle is positively anarchic. Oh for a James Hunt (not a euphemism).
Thats the other thing with modern F1. How many current drivers could drive back in James Hunts' era? Imagine if they had to drive without power steering and actually break a sweat not to mention having to literally put their balls on the line. Very few personalities on the grid.. they all seemed media trained to within an inch of their life. I remember a couple of months ago having a look at some of the current grid on instagram. The most interesting thing I could find was George Russell eating a bowl of nuts! (That's not a euphemism either! :D )

Thats why I like Verstappen.. he just doesn't give a fu*k who he upsets or puts in the wall!
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:

Same applies to the Radio Cricket commentary ... not the same after Johnners and co retired
Trader Pat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:36 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Same applies to the Radio Cricket commentary ... not the same after Johnners and co retired
Yeah sports comms seems a very sanitised space now which is a shame
Trader Pat

Think I'll put my name forward for the role of Formula 1 race director, this new bloke doesn't seem to have a clue.

Bring back Masi!
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:05 pm
Think I'll put my name forward for the role of Formula 1 race director, this new bloke doesn't seem to have a clue.

Bring back Masi!
Trundle got it right. Get out there and race, then adapt to the conditions. This looks like a new Race Director paralysed by fear of messing up and therefore doing zip.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:46 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 2:05 pm

Bring back Masi!
Trundle got it right. Get out there and race, then adapt to the conditions. This looks like a new Race Director paralysed by fear of messing up and therefore doing zip.
It shouldn't be that difficult to get a race director who knows what they're doing... it's not brain surgery.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”