Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:33 pm
Hamilton said in his post race interview that the team told him to stay out because they believed more rain was coming.. oops!
I had changed channel before then ... if they did then a big oops from the team. Rain radar should have shown that and do you believe only Mercedes could see the (apparent) rain?
firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:42 pm
F1 quote of the day goes to Verstappen

"Again I was taken out by a Mercedes"! :lol:
In snooker it would have been a plant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:47 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

In snooker it would have been a plant! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was my first thought too! :lol:
But tbf several drivers failed to master the circumstances highlighted by Sky.
Rubbered in track. Light rain. Tail wind. Equals, greasy track so take it easy and bide your time. Not go gung-ho and blow it on the first corner.
I agree it spices things up going forward though.
Trader Pat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:46 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:33 pm
Hamilton said in his post race interview that the team told him to stay out because they believed more rain was coming.. oops!
I had changed channel before then ... if they did then a big oops from the team. Rain radar should have shown that and do you believe only Mercedes could see the (apparent) rain?
Wolff said as far as he's concerned the team made the right decision because they were the lead car and he didn't expect the entire field to pit.

Maybe crossed wires between Hamilton and the team.
greenmark

Another thought. Had Lewis pitted and been at the head of the pit lane, he would have stormed off into the distance. This possibly highlights the gulf between Mercedes/Red Bull and the rest. He might have won by 40+ seconds. Thats not a good look, particularly with US owners of F1 wanting entertainment rather than engineering excellence.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 pm
Another thought. Had Lewis pitted and been at the head of the pit lane, he would have stormed off into the distance. This possibly highlights the gulf between Mercedes/Red Bull and the rest. He might have won by 40+ seconds. Thats not a good look, particularly with US owners of F1 wanting entertainment rather than engineering excellence.
The new changes for next season are supposed to make close racing easier but it could also mean Mercedes / Red Bull been even further ahead of everyone else.

As for this season I hope the second half is as close as the first half and Mercedes haven't hit a magic switch
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes bribed Bottas to take out both Red Bulls in return for gaining a 2022 contract!

Utterly appalling how he missed his braking at the first. Max has had such bad luck...

Alonso won driver of the day though, and rightly so IMO.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:44 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if Mercedes bribed Bottas to take out both Red Bulls in return for gaining a 2022 contract!

Utterly appalling how he missed his braking at the first. Max has had such bad luck...

Alonso won driver of the day though, and rightly so IMO.

CS

Got even worse for Verstappen with Vettel being disqualified for a fuel irregularity, Hamilton promoted up to second place.

Extra couple of points could be vital come the end of the season
greenmark

No Motogp thread on here. This is the next best.
Valentino Rossi: Nine-time world champion to retire at end of 2021 MotoGP season.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/58097548
About time too. He's done it all. Why diminish the achievements by staying too long.
Blimey, already outstayed Lorenzo and Marquez
What a briiliant talent.
Anyone remember him mugging Stoner at the corkscrew?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY9mrKR5SkA
greenmark

Gosh. Missed Belgian GP qualifying.
Just discovered Russell got 2nd on the grid.
All the greats are brilliant in the wet, so thats a big feather in his cap.
greenmark

The weather at the Belgian GP is throwing up some odd things as Sky try to fill in. How often does the book 'See spot run" feature anywhere in sports coverage?
Trader Pat

I've took a punt on some 'free money' here.

Technically the race has started and is now time limited. One lap has been completed, two are needed for a result. Most likely scenario listening to the Sky coverage seems to be another lap behind the safety car so there can be a classification for half points.

All this is reliant on the rain not stopping which looks likely.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:34 pm
I've took a punt on some 'free money' here.

Technically the race has started and is now time limited. One lap has been completed, two are needed for a result. Most likely scenario listening to the Sky coverage seems to be another lap behind the safety car so there can be a classification for half points.

All this is reliant on the rain not stopping which looks likely.
Brundle was a steward remember. He''s saying the race never started. So no laps have been completed. Isn't he? But one or two laps for a classification, both should be possible if they can actually get the race started behind the safety car.
They really should. The competition for the grid was valid enough. Classify it on that basis.
Trader Pat

Mike Massey said on the radio that the race had started but no laps were completed, that's why there's a countdown. But everyone else is saying it hasn't started, very confusing!

But yeah there would need to be two laps behind the safety car to constitute a race.
Trader Pat

Countdown clock has been stopped meaning there's no more time limit so a race could happen if the FAI see a break in the weaher.

All at the discretion of the race director.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”