Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 pm
For anyone who doesn't know, there's a change to the format for the British GP

Qualifying takes place later today for a sprint race tomorrow (1/3rd distance). Results of the sprint race make up the grid for the full race on Sunday.

Should be interesting!
Thanks Pat. I've been that busy with work that I had completely missed that! Just tuned in for P1 now.

CS
Dallas

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Qualifying takes place later today for a sprint race tomorrow (1/3rd distance). Results of the sprint race make up the grid for the full race on Sunday.

Should be interesting!
Thanks Pat. I've been that busy with work that I had completely missed that! Just tuned in for P1 now.

CS
Never heard of that even coming in this season, sounds like it'll be quite interesting, certainly something more interesting for the crowds to watch
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:

CS

👍
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Should be interesting!

CS
Never heard of that even coming in this season, sounds like it'll be quite interesting, certainly something more interesting for the crowds to watch

Yeah just for 3 races this season but spices Friday's up a bit! Not many points on offer but adds a bit more jeopardy to the race weekend
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:43 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:36 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

Yeah just for 3 races this season but spices Friday's up a bit! Not many points on offer but adds a bit more jeopardy to the race weekend
It was a bit chaotic. Jeopardy for the GP was high. Trash your car in the sprint and end up at the back of the grid for the GP. (That's my understanding).
This looks like a USA influenced intitiative to 'spice' things up.
Sadly, I think USA open-wheel motorsport is terrible.
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be.
The US equivalent is flabby by comparison.
Let's not forget the US TV tried to get World Cup soccer (sorry, footy) matches split into quarters to allow more adverts.
These are the people now running F1.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be. .
F1 has always been a formula race series regulated and run for entertainment. The apex of motor racing is the LLC unlimited class, faster than F1 and more advanced but dull as ditch water. Liberty might be on the letterhead but I trust Stefano and Ross to keep it true.

I was glad to hear Ross saying the next gen F1 won't be battery based. More likely hydrogen or synthetic biofuel. Hopefully it will lead to something better on our roads than these environmentally ify battery cars.... the betamax of future transport imo.

Sprint quali was OK but 30k would have been plenty.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:09 am
greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:42 pm
F1 should be the apex of honing a car and driver to be the very best that they can be. .
F1 has always been a formula race series regulated and run for entertainment. The apex of motor racing is the LLC unlimited class, faster than F1 and more advanced but dull as ditch water. Liberty might be on the letterhead but I trust Stefano and Ross to keep it true.

I was glad to hear Ross saying the next gen F1 won't be battery based. More likely hydrogen or synthetic biofuel. Hopefully it will lead to something better on our roads than these environmentally ify battery cars.... the betamax of future transport imo.

Sprint quali was OK but 30k would have been plenty.
I'm not familiar with LLC unlimited.
But on your point that the supposed clean EV's, aren't.
Thats been at the back of mind since I discovered how polluting the mining process for the battery raw materials actually is.
I really like the hydrogen idea but it doesn't seem to have the same traction as EV's at the moment.
We seem to be hell-bent on EV's.
Euler

You could have almost predicted an incident this weekend.
The Silk Run

I am surprised the USA & its coalition retreated from Afghanistan. Estimated to have one of the largest reserves of Lithium in the world, as well as other minerals, and of course coca.
greenmark

The Silk Run wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:03 pm
I am surprised the USA & its coalition retreated from Afghanistan. Estimated to have one of the largest reserves of Lithium in the world, as well as other minerals, and of course coca.
Perhaps they think the job is done. Relationships and contracts in place or agreed in principle.
Perhaps the Chinese are about to lose their mining contracts and the US et al will fill the vacuum.
But I agree it is a bit weird to pull out and witness a surge in violence (which they must have anticipated). And after such a lot of time, money and loss of life.
None of which is to do with F1. Sorry. :-)
Trader Pat

Whether you think Hamilton was at fault or not a 10 second penalty is a joke, Hamilton in a Mercedes at one of the fastest tracks on the calendar was always going to make that up.

There really needs to be set penalties for different infringements. All the penalties you see being handed out after these conflabs are very arbitrary. I think a drive through would have been a fairer penalty.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:44 pm
Whether you think Hamilton was at fault or not a 10 second penalty is a joke,
Agreed. George Russell was dropped 3 grid places for less.
ShaunWhite

greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:36 pm
I thought that's what they called the 24hr-style prototype cars? Closed canopy, ground effect, motors in each wheel etc...but I can't find it now :?
Looks like they might be called Hypercars now....https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/lemans/categories. Gotta agree though, F1 ought to be the cutting edge but unfortunatly Merc winning 20 in a row won't bring in the shareholder $s that close rivalry does.

This sprint quali sure is going to spice up the race winner market. Feels like lay the top 5 because nothing good can happen, but that's going to be priced in to some extent. Mmmmm The only cert is that it's a good thing for Alonso, the king of nicking places at starts, and the best driver in the grid imo.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 am
greenmark wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:36 pm
I thought that's what they called the 24hr-style prototype cars? Closed canopy, ground effect, motors in each wheel etc...but I can't find it now :?
Looks like they might be called Hypercars now....https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/lemans/categories. Gotta agree though, F1 ought to be the cutting edge but unfortunatly Merc winning 20 in a row won't bring in the shareholder $s that close rivalry does.

This sprint quali sure is going to spice up the race winner market. Feels like lay the top 5 because nothing good can happen, but that's going to be priced in to some extent. Mmmmm The only cert is that it's a good thing for Alonso, the king of nicking places at starts, and the best driver in the grid imo.
Ah right. Forgotten about that series. Pretty dull unless you're a real engineering geek.
I think the other cert is if the number collisions increases, teams, sponsors, drivers and some fans will start to grumble.
Imagine the the reaction of the tifosi if a Ferrari gets pinged off at Monza.
It was pretty entertaining seeing just how fast they can go when they're not managing tyres etc.
Trader Pat

The bias on Sky F1 is unbelievable!

At the end of qualy when Verstappen gets out of his car the crowd cheer, when Hamilton gets out they boo and the commentator says "Mixed reception for Verstappen!" Then in the interviews when the crowd boo Hamilton again Johnny Herbert basically tells them to shush. If the crowd want to boo then you can't stop them booing!

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”