gazuty

And now Sabine “I do that time in a van” Schmitz. 😢

RIP.
ShaunWhite

gazuty wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

RIP.
This one is a shock. 51yo. Another reminder to work less and live more.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:35 pm
gazuty wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:25 am

RIP.
This one is a shock. 51yo. Another reminder to work less and live more.
empathise completely with that sentiment!

on that note, it's sunny here (in sw scotland), wife has just got home, dogs are excited. time to take a slow walk with all ;)
Trader Pat

F1 looks like it could be mildly interesting this year

Cars looking much closer especially down the field and at the front Verstappen looks closer to Hamilton which is reflected in the outright prices. Hamilton started testing around 1.50 and is now out past 1.8 for the title.

Having said all that Mercedes might just have their engine turned down and come tomorrow could blow everyone away as usual!
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:38 pm

Cars looking much closer especially down the field and at the front Verstappen looks closer to Hamilton which is reflected in the outright prices. Hamilton started testing around 1.50 and is now out past 1.8 for the title.

Having said all that Mercedes might just have their engine turned down and come tomorrow could blow everyone away as usual!
If you ignored the top of the field it was a good season last year I thought, lots of interesting circuits, weekly not fortnightly. Tbh Lewis looks nailed on again, Merc simply won't let Bottas win, (or a reserve driver) because it would devalue Lewis's stock....even though he might leave after this season. Nobody has brought anything new mechanically to the table because of the 2022 changes so I think it'll be business as usual. If testing looks close that'll probably be the influence of Liberty who need to keep some sort of buzz going.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:56 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

If you ignored the top of the field it was a good season last year I thought, lots of interesting circuits, weekly not fortnightly. Tbh Lewis looks nailed on again, Merc simply won't let Bottas win, (or a reserve driver) because it would devalue Lewis's stock....even though he might leave after this season. Nobody has brought anything new mechanically to the table because of the 2022 changes so I think it'll be business as usual. If testing looks close that'll probably be the influence of Liberty who need to keep some sort of buzz going.

Can't argue with any of that Sky have been doing their usual hype job but I'm hoping its different this time around and Red Bull can genuinely challenge, we'll have a better idea after tomorrow how much of it is just smoke and mirrors. I don't understand all the buzz around Hamilton only signing a 1 year contract with Mercedes, it makes perfect sense. Like you say with the new regs next year why would he tie himself to a team long term deal, he'll want to keep his options open. Could have another Brawn GP situation after the new rules come in where a team comes out of the pack and Mercedes are no longer the dominant power. He's always spoken of his admiration for Ferrari and it would be great for Brand Hamilton so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him somewhere else next year.
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:

I suspect that is indeed the case. I'll be amazed (and very excited!) if Max or Checo can actually get to pole later. Watching P3 now.
I also concur about Merc not letting Bottas have a genuine stab at the title, though I'm still in awe of how Nico Rosberg literally elbowed his way to the 2016 title in the same car as Lewis; I just can't see it happening with Bottas.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

I suspect that is indeed the case. I'll be amazed (and very excited!) if Max or Checo can actually get to pole later. Watching P3 now.
I also concur about Merc not letting Bottas have a genuine stab at the title, though I'm still in awe of how Nico Rosberg literally elbowed his way to the 2016 title in the same car as Lewis; I just can't see it happening with Bottas.

CS

I'm looking at it now too, Bottas' car handling like a shopping trolley. The other thing that will hopefully make the races a bit closer is Perez, he's definitely an upgrade on Albon and should give Red Bull more options in the races.

I'm looking forward to seeing the young Japanese lad in qualy and the race, he looks like a find.
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:05 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

CS

I'm looking at it now too, Bottas' car handling like a shopping trolley. The other thing that will hopefully make the races a bit closer is Perez, he's definitely an upgrade on Albon and should give Red Bull more options in the races.

I'm looking forward to seeing the young Japanese lad in qualy and the race, he looks like a find.
For sure. His car control is amazing! He does look like a boy in his early teens out of the car though. There was a shot of him standing talking to a burly, hairy mechanic earlier and it was comical!

CS
Trader Pat

Game on!

Verstappen pole by nearly 4 tenths of a second :o
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:05 pm
Game on!

Yes! His middle sector was absolutely outstanding, with 3 tenths there over Lewis alone.

Also, he was purple in EVERY sector, meaning the Red Bull is looking rather dominant engine wise (Honda), not just due to Newey's Aero.

Brilliant!

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:09 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:05 pm
Game on!

Yes! His middle sector was absolutely outstanding, with 3 tenths there over Lewis alone.

Also, he was purple in EVERY sector, meaning the Red Bull is looking rather dominant engine wise (Honda), not just due to Newey's Aero.

Brilliant!

CS

I was a bit worried after Q2, I thought it was going to be more of the same but that lap has made it genuinely interesting going forward.
greenmark

Here we go. I hope this season delivers on it's promise. Much as I like Lewis, I don't want a Mercedes procession. Its become boring.
Trader Pat

I just tuned in and saw a Red Bull on the side of the road! :o

Thankfully it wasn't Max!

Been really looking forward to this, hopefully its not decided by a crash or mechanical failure
Trader Pat

Max just saying he feels something weird on the throttle :cry:

I've laid him just in case especially with the sister Red Bull having issues

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”