Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:16 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:06 am
I've been watching the testing for a couple of hours now and I feel seasick with all this 'porpoising'.

I really hope these new regs improve the racing because these cars are damn ugly. The best looking of an ugly bunch for me is the Aston Martin.
Yes porpoising makes it awful to watch. Goodness knows how it is to drive! :shock:
Hopefully they manage to minimise it before next weekend otherwise its going to be very strange looking at 20 cars in a line doing it along the straights
greenmark

I might take a look tomorrow.
The Beeb has been runnng a poll on the best looking F1 car. Frankly they're all plug ugly.
For me F1 was the epitome of function over form, and in fact, the form was quite beuatiful.
But not now, something has gone wrong. Can anyone tell me that a multi-louvered front wing is pretty?
The cars just look like a mess and a compromise within the regs. For goodness sake change the regs.
Or have we reached the point that efficient aero designs are just too fast for the circuits?
Trader Pat

F1 cars have gotten progressively uglier over the years and the biggest shame of all for me is they don't sound as good as they used to. On the bright side they look more difficult to drive this season so hopefully that will make things more interesting.

The aerodynamics have been just too efficient which doesn't make for great racing so the whole point this season was to mess with the aero to enable cars to run closer to each other. At least that's the theory, hopefully its like that in practice.
Trader Pat

Looking at the on-board of Alonso's Alpine going down the straight it looks like he's been violently bounced up and down on someone's knee!

Wouldn't fancy doing that for 200 miles every other Sunday!
Trader Pat

Not easy picking a winner for the opening race of the season next week. Mercedes look well off it and the car looks a real handful. Lot of hype around Ferrari's race set-up but Red Bull look to have the best package to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Real or not, it could make for an interesting season: -
Lewis Hamilton said Mercedes are not in a position to compete for wins, as pre-season testing ended in Bahrain.

Hamilton said the car had "potential" but was "not at the top" and insisted he was not deliberately understating his prospects.
Trader Pat

Always hard to compare cars in pre-season testing because some focus on race trim and others were on low fuel runs, and then different tyre compounds etc... but the Merc looked like such a handful. We'll find out next week I suppose but with the new regs you'd expect different teams to peak at different times so should make for a great season.

I'd love to see Ferrari on top again but having a car just as fast as the Red Bull and/or Mercedes won't be enough when you're up against Verstappen and Hamilton.
greenmark

Just watching Q2. Drivers are really being bounced around.
I did a few kart sessions and being a spec-wearer it was visually chaotic. Can't imagine that for the duration of a GP.
Trader Pat

Hope this is a sign of things to come for the rest of the season.

Ferrari 1 & 3, Verstappen 2. Great to see the Ferrari's back at the front
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes. I like this. We'll see tomorrow and over the first few races. Although it is like watching a car with knackered dampers :-(.
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:23 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes. I like this. We'll see tomorrow and over the first few races. Although it is like watching a car with knackered dampers :-(.
Yeah the Merc especially looks like one of those lowrider cars but we won't care if the racing is good :D
Realrocknrolla

Excited for this...

Will be my first year I am 100% committed to it!
Trader Pat

You picked a good one!

Should be lots of incident in this race and I wouldn't be surprised if Verstappen and Leclerc took each other out at the first corner.
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:26 am
You picked a good one!

Should be lots of incident in this race and I wouldn't be surprised if Verstappen and Leclerc took each other out at the first corner.
Hope not! 😭😉💪
Trader Pat

Shame there's no market for the number of cars that will finish the race. Could be quiet a few retirements with these new regs.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”