Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
greenmark

Interesting. Half-time of Wolves v Man U. Unless there's a significant stoppage
Trader Pat

That's the end of that by the looks of it.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:26 pm
Yup. Thanks for the dialogue. Helped me a lot with that one. :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:50 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:26 pm
Yup. Thanks for the dialogue. Helped me a lot with that one. :-)
No problem!

That was a confusing one!
aperson

Does anyone know what the rules are for this weekend for quali? Is the overall quali winner the winner of the sprint race or the winner of Friday timed qualifying?
Crazyskier

aperson wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm
Does anyone know what the rules are for this weekend for quali? Is the overall quali winner the winner of the sprint race or the winner of Friday timed qualifying?
I believe it's the winner of the sprint race, from memory of the last time.

CS
Shaung89

aperson wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:37 pm
Qualifying (taking place now) sets the grid for the 'Sprint Qualy' tomorrow evening.

Order in which the Sprint Qualy finishes is the starting position for the main race Sunday.
aperson

They've settled the overall qualifying winner as Bottas and opened a new market for the sprint race so that answers that question.
Crazyskier

aperson wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:05 pm
They've settled the overall qualifying winner as Bottas and opened a new market for the sprint race so that answers that question.
Interesting as technically, the grid order for tomorrow's race is determined by the results of today's sprint race. I guess they make a different rule when this is the case.

CS
aperson

Yes, I couldn't see anything in the rules to clarify it which is why I asked. You'd think they would be a bit clearer about it.
rhysc

Mercedes must’ve been sandbagging then.
Trader Pat

Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes under investigation for alleged DRS infringement during qualifying for sprint race on Friday evening, decision to be made by the stewards on Saturday. If tech regs have been broken this could be a back of the grid of pit lane start for Hamilton BUT still unclear if this would be for the sprint race or the GP.

Statement from F1's technical delegate: "The uppermost rear wing element adjustable positions were checked on car number 44 for compliance with article 3.6.3 of the 2021 Formula One technical regulations," read a statement on Friday evening. The requirement for the minimum distance was fulfilled. But the requirement for the maximum of 85mm, when the DRS system is deployed and tested in accordance with TD/011-19, were not fulfilled. I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration.

Food for thought for anyone with an open position on the race winner market.
Shaung89

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 am
Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes under investigation for alleged DRS infringement during qualifying for sprint race on Friday evening, decision to be made by the stewards on Saturday. If tech regs have been broken this could be a back of the grid of pit lane start for Hamilton BUT still unclear if this would be for the sprint race or the GP.

Statement from F1's technical delegate: "The uppermost rear wing element adjustable positions were checked on car number 44 for compliance with article 3.6.3 of the 2021 Formula One technical regulations," read a statement on Friday evening. The requirement for the minimum distance was fulfilled. But the requirement for the maximum of 85mm, when the DRS system is deployed and tested in accordance with TD/011-19, were not fulfilled. I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration.

Verstappen also under investigation for 'inspecting' the Mercedes under Parc Ferme conditions.

He will need to report the stewards before Sprint Qualy. I cant see any precedent set for a penalty on this, may be a slap on the wrists.
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 am

Interesting! From F1.com: UPDATE
At just before 10pm local time the stewards announced there would be no decision until Saturday morning.

"The Stewards have adjourned the hearing relating to Document 18 of the 2021 FIA Formula 1 São Paulo Grand Prix as they await further evidence that will not be available until the morning," an FIA spokesman said.

They also confirmed the rear wing assembly of Hamilton's car will be removed and impounded overnight.

I hope they return the rear wing before the sprint race or it will drive like Dad's Taxi 🚗🚗 :lol:

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:47 am

I hope they return the rear wing before the sprint race or it will drive like Dad's Taxi 🚗🚗 :lol:

CS
:lol:

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”