Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
rhysc

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:33 pm
Hamilton just gone from 1.64 into 1.18 for the championship!

Nobody saying anything on Sky or twitter yet though

Big back bet took all the money down to 1.01. Somebody is confident of a penalty
But the 10 second penalty makes not one bit of difference, so I'm puzzled at this? I guess that's why Lewis has gone back out to 1.53 and someone is feeling foolish!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... h7zCd.html

CS
No difference at all now. I too saw the drop & thought somebody must be ITK expecting a pen for max at Abu Dhabi but when they placed that bet the drivers/teams hadn’t even been to the stewards.

I started laying at 1.3 up to 1.4 and backed max at 5s when more evidence came to light that both were guilty playing for the DRS zone and max hadn’t hit the brakes.

never known anything like it.
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Big back bet took all the money down to 1.01. Somebody is confident of a penalty
But the 10 second penalty makes not one bit of difference, so I'm puzzled at this? I guess that's why Lewis has gone back out to 1.53 and someone is feeling foolish!

CS

It was like they were expecting a DQ so they wouldn't have been happy after seeing a 10 second penalty :)

You're right though, what a pointless penalty! The stewards always seem to pull these arbitrary penalties out of nowhere. The were probably mindful of the championship situation and didn't want to be responsible of depriving the world of a last race shoot out.

Can't wait :D
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:35 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

CS

It was like they were expecting a DQ so they wouldn't have been happy after seeing a 10 second penalty :)

You're right though, what a pointless penalty! The stewards always seem to pull these arbitrary penalties out of nowhere. The were probably mindful of the championship situation and didn't want to be responsible of depriving the world of a last race shoot out.

Indeed! As I see it there are three possibilities:

1) Max and Lewis crash and Max wins the title by default due to race win countback
2) Max beats Lewis in the race, and therefore wins the title - the Red Bull was mighty at this track last year with Max winning easily over Bottas then Lewis
3) Lewis beats Max and wins the title

CS
greenmark

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:07 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:35 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

1) Max and Lewis crash and Max wins the title by default due to race win countback
2) Max beats Lewis in the race, and therefore wins the title - the Red Bull was mighty at this track last year with Max winning easily over Bottas then Lewis

CS
...and 4) They crash, Max is docked points like Lewis was for the Silverstone crash.
If Toto and Christian are to be believed no-one wants anything other than fair, fierce competition. I fear the collision due to both drivers wanting to enter DRS in 2nd place indicates how highly pitched their rivalry is.

Saudi suited Merc. Did you see Max pull away thru the twisty bits only to be reeled in the sweepy bits? Abu Dhabi does have very fast sections, but I reckon it'll be pretty even.

I too can't wait and will have everything crossed as they approach Turn 1.
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:

CS

The #2 drivers could play a massive role. They both seem like decent fellas but Bottas would probably the more likely to 'accidently' lock a wheel and sail into the back of a contender. :)

If Hamilton does win the title I think Red Bull will be kicking themselves that they didn't kick up a bigger fuss about the Merc rear wing before the Brazilian GP. They were talking about it before then but they waited until the next race in Qatar to threaten a protest. That's when the FIA started conducting extra rear wings checks before qualifying and magically the big advantage Mercedes had in a straight line vanished :)
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:32 pm
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

The #2 drivers could play a massive role. They both seem like decent fellas but Bottas would probably the more likely to 'accidently' lock a wheel and sail into the back of a contender. :)

If Hamilton does win the title I think Red Bull will be kicking themselves that they didn't kick up a bigger fuss about the Merc rear wing before the Brazilian GP. They were talking about it before then but they waited until the next race in Qatar to threaten a protest. That's when the FIA started conducting extra rear wings checks before qualifying and magically the big advantage Mercedes had in a straight line vanished :)
Bottas has said he wants to sever all connection with Mercedes and I can't say I've seen him contributing to Lewis's cause recently. Perez situation though is different isn't it? Would Red Bull sacrifice a chance of the constructor's title by using him as a torpedo to secure the driver's title?
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:26 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

CS

Bottas has said he wants to sever all connection with Mercedes and I can't say I've seen him contributing to Lewis's cause recently. Perez situation though is different isn't it? Would Red Bull sacrifice a chance of the constructor's title by using him as a torpedo to secure the driver's title?
I don't think a team would ask or even suggest a driver do that but a driver could take it upon themselves in certain situations. I would :lol:

They've remodelled some corners in Abu Dhabi which makes it even faster so should play into Merc's hands.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:40 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:26 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

I don't think a team would ask or even suggest a driver do that but a driver could take it upon themselves in certain situations. I would :lol:

They've remodelled some corners in Abu Dhabi which makes it even faster so should play into Merc's hands.
And my final thought is the influence of the engine makers. 3 Merc teams for Max to lap. 1 Honda team for Lewis to lap.
I appreciate that is a deeply cynical tactic I'm musing on, but F1 has alway been pretty uncompromising about winning. The stakes are sky-high and that makes people consider the unacceptable.
With all this anticipation we'll probably have 1 of them stuff their car into the barrier in qualy and it'll all be over. :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:56 pm
With all this anticipation we'll probably have 1 of them stuff their car into the barrier in qualy and it'll all be over. :-)
Probably :D
greenmark

I wonder how long we petrolheads are going to be able to hear an F1 engine (although I hate the turbo exhaust note, compared to normally aspirated) or MotoGP or TT bike on full chat.

Soon it'll be, swoosh!
What was that?
That was a high performance racing machine.
What happened to the screaming banshees?
The noises that elevate my pulse?
Sorry, mate, they've gone. That's progress!
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:16 pm
I wonder how long we petrolheads are going to be able to hear an F1 engine (although I hate the turbo exhaust note, compared to normally aspirated) or MotoGP or TT bike on full chat.

Soon it'll be, swoosh!
What was that?
I tried watching Formula E but just couldn't get into it, without an engine note it just has no soul.

Best sounding engine in motorsport has got to be a Nascar V8. Everytime I go to the states I promise myself I'll go to a race but always get distracted by something else! Next time!

https://youtu.be/nnbFOWYiagE
Kazbet

greenmark wrote:

Soon it'll be, swoosh!
What was that?
Back in my day I have been blessed to own and Ride such devils of the environment as TZ Yamahas, H2 Kawasaki's and Big Ducati's with termi pipes.
It will be a sad day when we are all electric and no linging odour of Castrol R.
I have planted a tree on my garden recently to make my biking days carbon neutral........well at least a bit
greenmark

Kazbet wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:49 pm
greenmark wrote:

Soon it'll be, swoosh!
What was that?
Back in my day I have been blessed to own and Ride such devils of the environment as TZ Yamahas, H2 Kawasaki's and Big Ducati's with termi pipes.
It will be a sad day when we are all electric and no linging odour of Castrol R.
I have planted a tree on my garden recently to make my biking days carbon neutral........well at least a bit
"TZ Yamahas, H2 Kawasaki's and Big Ducati's with termi pipes".Those words make me shudder with delight.
My Dad used to take me to Oulton Park. We'd be stuck in a queue and he'd be fuming. I'd be in heaven as suped up bike after bike blipped past. You either get it or you don't.
Trader Pat

It will take a very brave man to back Hamilton at odds on to win this weekends Grand Prix even if he starts on pole

Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:47 pm
It will take a very brave man to back Hamilton at odds on to win this weekends Grand Prix even if he starts on pole

Not for me… i will be nursing a hangover and watching the race.

Have to admit the last 3 races I have really took
to Formula 1 again. Enjoyed them thoroughly.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”