Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:54 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 pm
Great race game on for the championship!

Also Red Bull are gonna have to put up or shut up regarding Mercedes' rear wing
Pretty icey on the rostrum. I reckon Lewis is pretty peed off off with Max's block.
Surprising that the was no on-board replay from Verstappen's car. The stewards surely would have had a replay but it was probably a calculated risk from Max. Would have been a 5 second penalty so probably fancied himself to finish that far ahead of Bottas if he really needed to.
Euler

greenmark wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:22 pm
Well done Lewis. Max's move to block was rubbish. Far below his talent.
It's been a bit tit for tat. Like those Senna / Prost moments.
Realrocknrolla

Don’t normally watch F1. Thoroughly enjoyed that race though.
rhysc

Would you believe it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

Its probably fake, no mention of it anywhere but on Twitter and not from any reputable sources.

I'm even sitting through Ted Kravitz's notebook and there's no mention of it
rhysc

No it’s legit. It’ll be a fine.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Bta6K.html

He’s done this before hasn't he?
Trader Pat

The FIA love a good fine! :D
rhysc

Well somebody has to pay for the Christmas party.
Trader Pat

Whether you support Lewis or Max the drivers and constructors markets have been great to trade :mrgreen:

Can't wait for Qatar!
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:12 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:07 pm
I'm not netural about Lewis. His main opponents have all been privileged.
That's just not true.

Yes most of the grid either comes from money or have wealthy backers, but as for Hamilton's main rivals during his time in F1 only Rosberg and Verstappen have come from privilege because of who their fathers are. However Alonso comes from a working class family and Vettel came from fairly humble beginnings so those two got where they are through skill and hard work just as much as Hamilton.

My criticism of him comes more from him as a person than a driver. I know a lot of drivers try to be brands but he's in a league of his own, everything he says or does seems to be calculated for maximum likes or followers. His t-shirt at the Hungarian GP being the biggest example of his hypocrisy. I completely agreed with the message but Hungary in some ways was an easy target, a relatively small country that doesn't contribute a huge amount to F1. Now I will completely change my opinion on Hamilton if he turns up to the Saudi GP wearing a Khashoggi t-shirt or one with pictures of Yemeni women and children, or turns up to next years Chinese GP and wears a shirt in support of the Uyghurs.

None of that will happen though and why not? Because the Saudi's and the Chinese are heavily invested in F1 as a brand and Mercedes as a team, and the team make a lot of money from them directly and indirectly. And I'm sure Hamilton himself is invested in those countries in some way too.
Couldn't have said it better myself, Pat. Hamilton is undoubtedy talented, however his big mouth and countless examples of hypocrisy, let him down time and time again. And after all, let's face it - even on track, ROSBERG beat him in the same car over an entire season! So now way is Hamilton the GOAT, far from it.

CS
greenmark

Perhaps we should compare the contributions to the Qatar human rights debate from Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel.

Qatar Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton calls for Qatar and Saudi Arabia to be scrutinised over human rights issues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59337775

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Perhaps we should compare the contributions to the Qatar human rights debate from Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel.

Qatar Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton calls for Qatar and Saudi Arabia to be scrutinised over human rights issues

Fair play to him 👏👏
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm
greenmark wrote:

Fair play to him 👏👏
I think so, but only IMO.
What is true is Euler's observation that this Max/Lewis scenario is heading to a Senna/Prost confrontation.
I just hope they both can race fairly, because they are both clearly terrific drivers.
In any case, this weekend will be intriguing.
Can't wait! :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Fair play to him 👏👏
What is true is Euler's observation that this Max/Lewis scenario is heading to a Senna/Prost confrontation.
I just hope they both can race fairly, because they are both clearly terrific drivers.

Credit where its due.

Max now has an extra problem with other drivers starting to give opinions on whether or not he should have been punished for that move on Hamilton. He's gonna have to be very careful overtaking anyone around the outside in the final 3 races, they might feel more emboldened to 'guide ' him off the track. I think the stewards got it right though, the onboard footage shows he didn't open his steering (was very clever though ;) )

If Hamilton wins expect Red Bull to protest about the rear wing, was an interesting presser today with Horner asking Wolff directly about the score marks on the rear wing. Looks like Merc have a straight line speed advantage here too but won't be as significant as Brazil, just one DRS zone.
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Fair play to him 👏👏

Credit where its due.

Max now has an extra problem with other drivers starting to give opinions on whether or not he should have been punished for that move on Hamilton. He's gonna have to be very careful overtaking anyone around the outside in the final 3 races, they might feel more emboldened to 'guide ' him off the track. I think the stewards got it right though, the onboard footage shows he didn't open his steering (was very clever though ;) )

If Hamilton wins expect Red Bull to protest about the rear wing, was an interesting presser today with Horner asking Wolff directly about the score marks on the rear wing. Looks like Merc have a straight line speed advantage here too but won't be as significant as Brazil, just one DRS zone.
I think the idea that Max is the heir apparent is looking irrefutable. But Lewis is like a morphing piece of granite. You don't achieve what he has without serious networking skills. We shall see when Russell rocks up just how ace Lewis is. Thats next year. And thiis year's F1 is still in the balance.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”