Formula 1

Any markets not covered in the other boards
greenmark

Perhaps we should compare the contributions to the Qatar human rights debate from Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel.

Qatar Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton calls for Qatar and Saudi Arabia to be scrutinised over human rights issues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59337775

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :-)
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm
Perhaps we should compare the contributions to the Qatar human rights debate from Hamilton, Bottas and Vettel.

Qatar Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton calls for Qatar and Saudi Arabia to be scrutinised over human rights issues

Fair play to him πŸ‘πŸ‘
greenmark

Trader Pat wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:32 pm

I think so, but only IMO.
What is true is Euler's observation that this Max/Lewis scenario is heading to a Senna/Prost confrontation.
I just hope they both can race fairly, because they are both clearly terrific drivers.
In any case, this weekend will be intriguing.
Can't wait! :-)
Trader Pat

Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:13 pm

What is true is Euler's observation that this Max/Lewis scenario is heading to a Senna/Prost confrontation.
I just hope they both can race fairly, because they are both clearly terrific drivers.

Credit where its due.

Max now has an extra problem with other drivers starting to give opinions on whether or not he should have been punished for that move on Hamilton. He's gonna have to be very careful overtaking anyone around the outside in the final 3 races, they might feel more emboldened to 'guide ' him off the track. I think the stewards got it right though, the onboard footage shows he didn't open his steering (was very clever though ;) )

If Hamilton wins expect Red Bull to protest about the rear wing, was an interesting presser today with Horner asking Wolff directly about the score marks on the rear wing. Looks like Merc have a straight line speed advantage here too but won't be as significant as Brazil, just one DRS zone.
greenmark

Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Credit where its due.

Max now has an extra problem with other drivers starting to give opinions on whether or not he should have been punished for that move on Hamilton. He's gonna have to be very careful overtaking anyone around the outside in the final 3 races, they might feel more emboldened to 'guide ' him off the track. I think the stewards got it right though, the onboard footage shows he didn't open his steering (was very clever though ;) )

If Hamilton wins expect Red Bull to protest about the rear wing, was an interesting presser today with Horner asking Wolff directly about the score marks on the rear wing. Looks like Merc have a straight line speed advantage here too but won't be as significant as Brazil, just one DRS zone.
I think the idea that Max is the heir apparent is looking irrefutable. But Lewis is like a morphing piece of granite. You don't achieve what he has without serious networking skills. We shall see when Russell rocks up just how ace Lewis is. Thats next year. And thiis year's F1 is still in the balance.
Trader Pat

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:48 am
I think the idea that Max is the heir apparent is looking irrefutable. But Lewis is like a morphing piece of granite. You don't achieve what he has without serious networking skills. We shall see when Russell rocks up just how ace Lewis is. Thats next year. And thiis year's F1 is still in the balance.

Yeah I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season as much as I'm looking forward to the next one. Russell and Hamilton could be role reversal of Hamilton - Alonso. Part of the reason I wouldn't rate either Hamilton or Schumacher as the GOAT is because they both spent the nearly the entirety of their careers with bunny teammates so next year will be really interesting to watch.

Back to this season and Red Bull having issues with their rear wing in FP3 this morning. Max's DRS flapping more than Wolff's and Horner's chops!
greenmark

Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Yeah I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season as much as I'm looking forward to the next one. Russell and Hamilton could be role reversal of Hamilton - Alonso. Part of the reason I wouldn't rate either Hamilton or Schumacher as the GOAT is because they both spent the nearly the entirety of their careers with bunny teammates so next year will be really interesting to watch.

Back to this season and Red Bull having issues with their rear wing in FP3 this morning. Max's DRS flapping more than Wolff's and Horner's chops!
Lol. Wing-gate is another reminder of how F1 teams extract 100% (and more if they can get away with it) out of machinery and regs. Obviously all sport is like this, but I do believe F1 is the best in recruiting tech and expertise from everywhere to gain an advantage. They've really only limited progress by voluntarily cutting budgets because it was all getting a bit silly.
Trader Pat

Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:04 pm
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Lol. Wing-gate is another reminder of how F1 teams extract 100% (and more if they can get away with it) out of machinery and regs. Obviously all sport is like this, but I do believe F1 is the best in recruiting tech and expertise from everywhere to gain an advantage. They've really only limited progress by voluntarily cutting budgets because it was all getting a bit silly.
Apparently the Mercedes rear wing is going under a load test in parc ferme after qualy. Horner when asked about it said Mercedes straight line speed is comparable to theirs all of a sudden! :lol:

Moral victory for Red Bull if they've made Mercedes turn their magic rear wing down a notch :)
Crazyskier

He also wears a rainbow helmet in Qatar; not to highlight the amazing work of the wonderful men and women running the NHS, but rather to try to promote a minority rights agenda, to a nation that simply have a strong moral compass and believe in both God, the nuclear family, and natural order. Something which in fact, we did in England for centuries, and still do in many of the Commonwealth nations.

So no 'credit where due' as I've seen mentioned. Lewis is simply grandstanding and 'virtue-signalling' as he so often does.

CS
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote: ↑
Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:45 pm

He also wears a rainbow helmet in Qatar; not to highlight the amazing work of the wonderful men and women running the NHS, but rather to try to promote a minority rights agenda, to a nation that simply have a strong moral compass and believe in both God, the nuclear family, and natural order. Something which in fact, we did in England for centuries, and still do in many of the Commonwealth nations.

So no 'credit where due' as I've seen mentioned. Lewis is simply grandstanding and 'virtue-signalling' as he so often does.

CS
I'll stand by my 'credit where its due' quote.

I agree a lot of what he does is grandstanding, virtue signaling and all about his brand but where you and I diverge is I agree with the message and you don't. My biggest criticism of the guy was highlighting Hungary's shortcomings but not any of the 'big boys' like Russia, China or Saudi Arabia. He's done that now by calling out the Saudi's so I hope he continues in the same vein.

For me virtue signaling is fine as long as the message gets out to a wider audience and truth is spoken to power. Its a bit like saying the wealthy only donate large amounts of money to good causes just to make themselves look good. In some cases that's true but ultimately as long as the good causes get the money the motive behind giving it doesn't really matter.
rhysc

Not a fan of the circuit but can’t wait for the race.
rhysc

Grid penalties to equal it up abit
Trader Pat

I worry for Max here!

I think the target needs to be still having the lead in the championship after this race. I wouldn't be as confident in Verstappen picking his way though the traffic as I would be in Hamilton.
greenmark

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:36 pm
I worry for Max here!

I think the target needs to be still having the lead in the championship after this race. I wouldn't be as confident in Verstappen picking his way though the traffic as I would be in Hamilton.
Where will Alonso end up after the first few corners I wonder?

Plus the parade lap is looking farcical. Lewis will have wait unitil tommorow at this rate.
greenmark

Lol Alonso "Verstappen"'s Verstappen.
Max P3 already.

Return to β€œOther Betfair Sports Trading markets”