Today's Cycling

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

I know it not the type of sport that's traded much if at all but just wondering if their was many other forum users who actually follow cycling?
I'm sure i remember Aberquey once saying he was a fan?
Abraquay

Yes cycling is my main interest though not really traded it but followed it over the years and many trips to Majorca cycling. Is beautiful scenery when you get up in the mountains.
Dallas

Abraquay wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 pm
Yes cycling is my main interest though not really traded it but followed it over the years and many trips to Majorca cycling. Is beautiful scenery when you get up in the mountains.
Thats something i would of loved to of done but dont think i ever will now, though never say never :D

Im firmly routing for Dumoulin this afternoon, certainly dont want to see Quintana win after his antics over the last few days
ruthlessimon

Majorca, fad Imo :P . competing in the local KOMs is enough for me (built up some pretty strong rivalries over the years) - & plenty of Zwifting alongside. GCN fills me in on da racing news, cba to pay for Eurosport. Maybe I should try find a cheeky livestream
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluesky

Dallas wrote:
Sun May 28, 2017 10:54 am
I know it not the type of sport that's traded much if at all but just wondering if their was many other forum users who actually follow cycling?
Yes I usually follow the grand tours but have never even looking if its possible to trade cycling. My claim to fame is that I once competed against Chris Bordman in his local 10 mile time trial. When he came past me it was as though he had an engine on his bike.

He was one of the best time trialists in the world at the time, and I remember thinking there are not many sports in the world that its possible for a complete amature to match himself against.
Abraquay

If you ever get the chance one year i would go watch the National Hill Climb Championship or something similar. Usually around October time. They are really lung busting efforts. Is a good athmosphere and the crowd really get behind the riders.
ruthlessimon

Bluesky wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 8:34 am
My claim to fame is that I once competed against Chris Bordman in his local 10 mile time trial. When he came past me it was as though he had an engine on his bike.
Thats awesome stuff. Remember your time? Also did you have power data for the ride?
Bluesky

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 3:36 pm
Thats awesome stuff. Remember your time? Also did you have power data for the ride?
No idea of the time this was a long while back, over 20 years if I remember correctly. Can't even remember where the course was, I wasn't driving and fell asleep on the way there lol. Did see a sign for Chester at one point though so was fairly close to there I think. Boardman I think lived on the Wirral at the time, for all I know he still does.

Didn't have power data either, not sure if the pros even had it back then, although if it was available I'm sure Boardman would have had it he was really into all that kind of stuff. The peleton used to call him the professor because he was so into new technology and training systems.
Dallas

Just had chance to catch up on yesterdays criterium du dauphine final stage, imo had to be one of the best stages I have seen in a long time
Bluesky

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:42 am
Just had chance to catch up on yesterdays criterium du dauphine final stage, imo had to be one of the best stages I have seen in a long time
Absolutely, extremely exciting racing, lets hope the tour de France is just as good.
Dallas

I dont want to Jinx him but after todays TT Froome is looking unstoppable in the Vuelta, its just hard to believe its taken him this long
Bluesky

Dallas wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:41 pm
I dont want to Jinx him but after todays TT Froome is looking unstoppable in the Vuelta, its just hard to believe its taken him this long
He looked better in this TT than he did in the Tour, like you I can't see him being beaten now unless he has an accident.
sionascaig

Been enjoying watching Contador & Nibili keeping the pressure on.. Both have beat my expectations in this race. Froome is 1.06 this morning which I think seems a bit low given not all is under his control & his past record of running into trouble.
Dallas

Quick question for anyone who followed cycling back in the 80s during the Malcolm Elliot era

Im trying to find the rider who had the nickname 'The Pocket Rocket' im certain it was Steve Jocking or Hocking but cant find anything definitive when searching. If anyone remembers or has any links they could post that would be great

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”