Tour De France 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
sionascaig

On list of things to do after the footy )

Just thinking Dallas's price spike alert bot could be pretty handy for this event!
Halliday

Halliday wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:07 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:54 am
Was hoping for some rain, would be happy to lay Froome for a little more ahead of today's stage as he not exactly known for staying on his bike on normal surfaces
Apparently there have been four previous stages over the cobbles in the Tour .. and each one has been won by a previous Paris -Roubaix winner.
Riders in this years tour to have won Paris Roubaix are Sagan,Hayman,Terpstra, Degenkolb,and Van Avarmaet
Halliday

Geirant Thomas wins stage 11 and it’s a 1-2 for Sky in the GC, with Thomas leading Froome by 1m 25 secs .Which will make things interesting within the Sky Team .

Both are decent time trialists, and in Individual TT in the 2016 there was less then a minute between them , tho this years TT course is totally different . Still a long way to go tho, and 4 big of mountain stages left

Tomorrow,s stage includes 3 HC mountains.

Looks like Mark Cavendish and many others face elimination after not coming in under the time limit
Bluesky

Halliday wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:10 pm
Geirant Thomas wins stage 11 and it’s a 1-2 for Sky in the GC, with Thomas leading Froome by 1m 25 secs .
Going from memory alone, doesn't Thomas have at least one really bad day in the mountains on a 3 week tour? I seem to remember him blowing up in the 3rd week on more than one occasion in the past. Unless things are different this time, I think Froome is probably more likely to win out at the end.
Korattt

just come down from trading & missus is watching the TDF, fair enough she enjoys watching it but for me it’s one of the most boring sports to watch ever, ok it’s hard work to participate but what’s there to watch?, you see one cyclist over take another you’ve seen them all, ditto with collisions
sionascaig

Korattt wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:41 pm
just come down from trading & missus is watching the TDF, fair enough she enjoys watching it but for me it’s one of the most boring sports to watch ever, ok it’s hard work to participate but what’s there to watch?, you see one cyclist over take another you’ve seen them all, ditto with collisions
Compared to:

- cricket?
- golf?

You could say the same(ish) about them all.... but then again )
Korattt

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:29 pm
Korattt wrote:
Compared to:

- cricket?
- golf?

You could say the same(ish) about them all.... but then again )
not a fan of golf but can see the attraction with watching it, seeing a hole in one, crucial missed putts, golfers climbing trees, so many variables,

Cricket.. exciting run chases, sixes being hit, diving catches, run outs from balls being hit from miles out, super overs etc etc,

Cycling is just riding on tarmac ain’t it with the odd overtaking manoeuvre, with a few collisions here & there?
Halliday

Korattt wrote:

Bit of a generalisation me thinks, but I suspect you know very little about the sport ( similar to your self confessed lack of understanding of horse racing ?) .Like most sports it can have it monotonous moments , but if you’ve ever watched any of the spring classics, or the epic stage in this years Giro that Froome won , or rides by the likes of Cancellara and Contador, you might think differently .

Give it another try you might be pleasantly surprised.
Korattt

Halliday wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:44 pm
Korattt wrote:

Bit of a generalisation me thinks, but I suspect you know very little about the sport ( similar to your self confessed lack of understanding of horse racing ?) .Like most sports it can have it monotonous moments , but if you’ve ever watched any of the spring classics, or the epic stage in this years Giro that Froome won , or rides by the likes of Cancellara and Contador, you might think differently .

fair enough, I’ll see if I can YouTube any of these dramatic moments
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:12 pm
Halliday wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:44 pm
Korattt wrote:

fair enough, I’ll see if I can YouTube any of these dramatic moments
Try 'Chris Froome mont ventoux'
That's something you don't see in every race
Dallas

Just watched tonights highlight show on ITV4 and thought the joint interview with Froome and Thomas was quite revelling especially from Thomas's body language and lack of eye contact
Derek27

Korattt wrote:
I would watch every stage from start to finish if I had the time. The flat stages are just a build up towards the mountains. :)
Dallas

Gilbert doing a bit of stunt riding on one of the descents this afternoon showed so great skill in going into the wall sideways rather than head on!
iambic_pentameter

Question for Halliday/Dallas:

When you trade the TDF or other cycling event, how do you approach it? Would you do a B2L or L2B at the start on selected riders or just trade what you see on each individual stage?

Do you have any sites you use for stats?

Iambic
Dallas

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:58 pm
Question for Halliday/Dallas:

When you trade the TDF or other cycling event, how do you approach it? Would you do a B2L or L2B at the start on selected riders or just trade what you see on each individual stage?

Do you have any sites you use for stats?

Iambic
TBH Its more a sport I spectate and rarely trade, when I do im almost always looking to oppose the fav usually ahead of a tricky stage/couple of days.
I have tried B2L a few times in the past but never got any real pay off from it

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”