NBA

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Emmson

Dislike what Betfair have done to NBA points markets, they have ruined them...they were my 1st love, even ahead of cricket trading. Had to switch to match odds. Also Betfair and 365 streaming seems to have an added delay over what there used to be. Nevertheless I am maintaining a 100% record this season . An ideal trading sport imo surprised there is not more of a clamour to trade them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Lack of liquidity is a problem on NBA but the great asset it has is the sheer quantity of games, you can be ultra selective (and I am)

I'll take these small wins until the cows come home, I'm mustard keen on extending my 100% record.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Nearly lost my 100% record this season when the worst team in league (post LeBron) galloped into a 12 point lead v the tasty Denver Nuggets.
Emmson

24 out of 24 but tonight has been the toughest. May take a pause or at least go for the ultra ultra safe. NBA is not that far away from T20 cricket in how they trade. It's enjoyable bank building as I thoroughly enjoy the sport.
Euler

I've looked at Basketball and modelled it some time ago, but haven't really traded it properly.

When I've been in the US I've often watched the markets and been surprised how much liquidity there has been, though not looked recently TBH. So it was refreshing to see somebody is trading it.
Emmson

Small wins until the cows come home on the NBA *BankBuilding* About 10 days until mid April when there are no NBA games. As I'm a fan of the sport it's not tedious work and I am a natural night owl.
Emmson

Maintaining my 100% NBA record this season is becoming a hostage to fortune, might be better for me to have a loss (as long as its small)

Meanwhile there is an early going on today and racking up another small win is welcome. Much more action later.
Emmson

Small wins on NBA I'll take until the cows come home. 29 out of 29
ShaunWhite

Nice work Emmson, I looked at quite a lot last year and did ok but I've given it a miss this year.

Be careful if the curse of the 100% record !
Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 am
I've looked at Basketball and modelled it some time ago, but haven't really traded it properly.
How many parameters did you factor into the calcs Peter? Was it a generic model based starting prices and point leads (like Tennis Trader?), or deeper from things like team stats, comeback likelihoods etc?

I know you supplement your TA tennis model with FA of the individual players, was this the same? It's just that spotting a deviation from a theoretical pricing model is useful to a point, but unless applied at scale, it's equally important to know if that particular price is or isn't wrong for the current situation. Is that what stopped you from doing it 'properly' or was it the unsociable hours for marginal returns?
Emmson

^^Cheers SW

It had to happen and tonight it did happen, 100% record of the NBA season is over. :twisted: Good news is I struck back immediately and will be well up on the night. *BankBuilding* 8-)
Emmson

Bank Building through small consistent wins on NBA games, I'll take until the cows come home.
Dallas

Any chance you could post a few of the BF charts?

Would be interested to see and get an idea of the price swings that occur
Emmson

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 am

I will try, regularly massive swings on NBA games, similar to T20 Cricket. Prices overshooting the runway over and over.
Emmson

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:27 am

The very next game I moved onto.

Can easily see Utah Jazz come way back in from their current 3.80ish of 1/2 time as Toronto played last night and there is a tendancy for teams who played the previous night to run out of gas in 2nd 1/2, especially on road games.

EDIT Or maybe not Toronto Raptors just too good, running away with another game.
Emmson

Pleasure watching Golden State Warriors always, nabbing any kind of profit makes it more worthwhile.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”