NBA

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Emmson

Raptors now have control of the game.
Emmson

Looks like I was vindicated then!....Raptors running away with it.

NBA Basketball a very great trading sport, we just need more liquidity and more participants in the market.
Emmson

I don't see why Warriors are faves in game 5, if its because KD is back then he would have to be 100% and he is clearly not 100% think I will be getting on Raptors.
Emmson

Durant injured in his 1st game back while Warriors leading by 5 .....massive moment in game 5 that.
Emmson

Great game and very good trading games, especially 2nd 1/2.
Emmson

Was just too tired to watch/trade the final game of the season :twisted: delighted Toronto won though.
Emmson

Some amazing player movements happening in my 2nd fave trading sport, the new season is over 3 months away but its something to look forward to.
nivi7

is there any software to help you with in play stats for basketball or be helpful in any way?
Kafkaesque

nivi7 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:45 pm
is there any software to help you with in play stats for basketball or be helpful in any way?
I'm not aware of any. That's not to say, it isn't out there somewhere because I haven't looked, since I wouldn't use and trust it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're coming in to this sport cold? Which is fine. The markets can use all the liquidity help, they can get. Just a word of caution...

Basketball is much more than most dependent on having an understanding beyond the pure numbers, you might get from a "helpful" software or site. It's a streaky sport in terms of scoring, and with the constant flow of "new" players in the game highly influenced by player matchups. As an example a lot of coaches like to sit down a star player or two at the end of the first quarter and especially the third, because it gives them an extended break. I'd venture that most software wouldn't pick up on the difference if one or both teams do this, and the more knowledgeable traders you'd be up against will have picked up on this.
nivi7

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you're coming in to this sport cold? Which is fine. The markets can use all the liquidity help, they can get. Just a word of caution...

hey
thanks for the reply
it is true i know nothing about trading basketball
just tried a few times to trade on over/under points for some quarters and it look interesting
i d like to give a try to learn how to trade on basketball

where do you recommend me to start learning?
Derek27

How's your easily achievable 10% a month plan, that's guaranteed to make 300% a year, or 2900% in three years going?
ec0n0mist

MIA vs MIL: 121-121 OT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spud87

Hey ec0n0mist
I'd like to get a collection of the NBA betfair charts. Do you manually screenshot them when you are trading a particular market or can this be recorded automatically?
ec0n0mist

Spud87 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Hey ec0n0mist
I'd like to get a collection of the NBA betfair charts. Do you manually screenshot them when you are trading a particular market or can this be recorded automatically?
Yea, those screenshots were taken manually. It’s not something I generally do, unless I find them interesting.

Usually, I just take down the SP (starting price) as close to tip-off as possible as a part of my data capture (blue column in screen shot below).

NBA2.JPG

If you ever do come across a way to record in-play charts automatically, I’d be interested to know as well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

ec0n0mist wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 pm
If you ever do come across a way to record in-play charts automatically, I’d be interested to know as well :)
You could use video capture software and various 'Switch view' rules in Guardian if there were several games, or a better way would be to use Excel to collect the price and volume information and they you can produce any chart or stats you want from it. Both ways have pros and cons but if you think they'll be valuable, then it's down to the £/hr calc about whether it's worth doing.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”