NBA

Any markets not covered in the other boards
jamesg46

Anyone know a site where points by quarter can be scraped?

I've wanted to collect this data for a while but can't find a site to scrape it off.
Emmson

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am

I've wanted to collect this data for a while but can't find a site to scrape it off.
https://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard has comprehensive coverage of NBA, probably their number 1 sport.
jamesg46

Emmson wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:21 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:32 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/scoreboard has comprehensive coverage of NBA, probably their number 1 sport.
Thanks Emmson! The point by point data is what I'd like to scrape, ESPN don't provide it (from what I can see) & I can't scrape Flashscore... certainly won't be entering it in a manual way either :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Web scraping is not my forte, I vaguely know what it is but I'm at ground zero where I'll probably remain. :(
jamesg46

It's not something that I'm great at tbh, the site has to be easy to scrape through Excel, it not then It's curtains to the idea.
Emmson

An injury to Anthony Davis taking him out of the game discombobulated me. :twisted: And soon after I did a full monty reverse which is not good trading even if it worked out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Emmson wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:04 pm
An injury to Anthony Davis taking him out of the game discombobulated me. :twisted: And soon after I did a full monty reverse which is not good trading even if it worked out.
That's a word I've never heard before but will do my best to fit into a conversation at some point.
Emmson

Blistering start by LA Clippers led by the elite of the elite Kawhi Leonard. :)
Emmson

After reading Luka Doncic was carrying an injury I should have been bolder with my entry on the LA Clippers and even bolder when they drifted way out very early.

While being aware that Dallas Mavs could still storm back as this sport is built for low odds gubbings.
Emmson

Dear me LeBron and the Lakers are being crushed tonight, nothing more to see I can head to kip.
jamesg46

I took a L2B position on Phoenix... I expected Lakers to at least be there challenging and there be a decent swing from 1.5... from what I saw this morning Phoenix drifted to about 1.75 which was way off of my target of 2.5. Strangely the model I used had the exp pre off odds nearly the opposite way around. Was it value? I'm not so sure, the market certainly knew what was gonna happen.

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/nba-predictions/

Something like a 34% difference in rated and exp if I remember correctly... & I'm not being critical of the model at all.
Emmson

I missed Lakers elimination but the concusion is now

LeBron James era is over

Don't think he makes Top 10 players in league any longer much less number 1
Emmson

No way can I miss game 6 LA Clippers v Dallas Mavs this clash is one of the most stimulating sporting matchups I've ever seen.

At least one other person in Blighty must feel this way. ;)

I will look to grab some green too :D
Emmson

OK I won't be trading 2nd 1/2 and I'm about to cancel my unmatched.
Emmson

The game is so High Risk I refuse to even tick nick any more.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”