NBA

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Derek27

How's your easily achievable 10% a month plan, that's guaranteed to make 300% a year, or 2900% in three years going?
ec0n0mist

MIA vs MIL: 121-121 OT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spud87

Hey ec0n0mist
I'd like to get a collection of the NBA betfair charts. Do you manually screenshot them when you are trading a particular market or can this be recorded automatically?
ec0n0mist

Spud87 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Hey ec0n0mist
I'd like to get a collection of the NBA betfair charts. Do you manually screenshot them when you are trading a particular market or can this be recorded automatically?
Yea, those screenshots were taken manually. It’s not something I generally do, unless I find them interesting.

Usually, I just take down the SP (starting price) as close to tip-off as possible as a part of my data capture (blue column in screen shot below).

NBA2.JPG

If you ever do come across a way to record in-play charts automatically, I’d be interested to know as well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

ec0n0mist wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:55 pm
If you ever do come across a way to record in-play charts automatically, I’d be interested to know as well :)
You could use video capture software and various 'Switch view' rules in Guardian if there were several games, or a better way would be to use Excel to collect the price and volume information and they you can produce any chart or stats you want from it. Both ways have pros and cons but if you think they'll be valuable, then it's down to the £/hr calc about whether it's worth doing.
ec0n0mist

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:14 am

You could use video capture software and various 'Switch view' rules in Guardian if there were several games, or a better way would be to use Excel to collect the price and volume information and they you can produce any chart or stats you want from it. Both ways have pros and cons but if you think they'll be valuable, then it's down to the £/hr calc about whether it's worth doing.

I tried using excel for tennis data capture but that was a while back and I couldn't quite make it work well enough for me to continue. I'm not really tech-savvy so could be that I gave up too soon. Do you use this method for data capture? If so, did you program yourself or use one of the example spreadsheets on here?

As for video capture, I have CamStudio so could potentially explore that option. Is there a way to use 'switch view' function right before the end of the game i.e. about 2 min before the end of 4th quarter?
ShaunWhite

I'm not sure about the timing of the switch but maybe you could have it trigger after the game has been in-play for X mins?

I capture data but not via BA&Excel although I have used that method before quite successfully, I now have my own application which stores the entire api stream. Data capture either way isn't straightforward but as it has so much potential value the time is usually worth the effort.

Thankfully it's one of those jobs that you only have to do once and the skills you learn while doing it open up a new world of possibility combining Excel and BA.
ec0n0mist

Houston Rockets- Harden, Westbrook and Capella ALL OUT TONIGHT
(These are HOU's top 3 players, both in terms of salaries and on-court efficiency)

HOU open price 1.52
Current price 2.86 (touched 3.20 a few mins ago)

+100% ROI before tip-off

Never seen in a move like this before!
Emmson

Great if you have inside info

Seen something similar before

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13441
ec0n0mist

Oh yeaaah! I forgot about that game.

That was crazy. Roughly ~ 200% ROI
Emmson

I am NBA follower of 10+ years, was 1st sport I could turn a profit on so its close to my heart. Shocking news that Kobe Bryant has died in a helicopter crash. Only LeBron James was more high profile in that period. RIP to Kobe and all others on board.
MemphisFlash

seems like a similar accident that happened to Leicester City Chairman 18months ago
Emmson

I know NBA is not massive in UK but to use footage of LeBron James when bringing their viewers the news shows again how BBC News has gone to the dogs. Absolute clowns.

https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/sta ... 5652153344
ec0n0mist

Yea, that's not a good look. Probably not deliberate though.

Only sports.. but still.
Kafkaesque

Emmson wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:46 pm
I know NBA is not massive in UK but to use footage of LeBron James when bringing their viewers the news shows again how BBC News has gone to the dogs. Absolute clowns.

https://twitter.com/matthewchampion/sta ... 5652153344
I don't know. Faux outrage for me.

Lebron was part of the news cycle surrounding it, given that he'd just overtaken Kobe on the alltime scorers list. If your news team doesn't have anyone with basketball interest on staff/on call, you need to make a short piece right now on something breaking, and all your info is that he was a legend playing his entire career for the Lakers, then seeing this clip from Lebron surpassing Kobe doing the rounds in the US, it's completely anhonest and somewhat understandable mistake.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”