SPOTY 2018

Any markets not covered in the other boards
SeaHorseRacing

No Ronnie O’Sullivan either. Possible one of the most gifted and talented men ever lived in the field of the sport. What he’s done for snooker is bigger then any of the last 20 winners of SPOTY in there own area of sport.

PC madness by the BBC.
spreadbetting

Lol , grasping at straws with Sullivan , what's he done in the last year? He's not even #1 in his own sport.
SeaHorseRacing

Just one a 7th UK championship. After all SPOTY is a UK awards ceremony.

Ronnie is the Muhammad Ali, the David Beckham of his sport and can’t even get nominated.

Footballs my favourite sport but come on Harry all you did was score Penalty’s and a lucky deflection.

The fact the team perfomance of England winning a penalty shoot out is even nominated is beyond a joke.
That team is paid hundreds of millions and it’s taken them 20 years to win one!

I’m really angry tonight! Hate injustices!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm
I know there’s a lot of PC idiots on here! So I know what’s coming!

I swear if Tyson Fury doesn’t win SPOTY it would be a fix!

Let alone his achievements he’s the only one with Personality on the list!

Haters keep it to yourself!
I don't know why it's called personality of the year when it's really based on achievement. Rory Bremner said Nigel Mansell should have won the award for lack of it!
Trader Pat

I actually agree with you about Fury, I think he's probably the most qualified of the nominees to win it because apart from O'Sullivan he's the only one with a personality :D I'm sure everyone else on the list has a personality but they keep them well hidden.

It's like Derek said though, you can't go around insulting over half the population and expect to win a popularity contest :lol:

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Ronnie is the Muhammad Ali, the David Beckham of his sport and can’t even get nominated.
Not sure the comparison here though, O'Sullivan is the best snooker player of all time but Muhammad Ali is not the greatest boxer of all time (probably done more for the sport though than anyone else) whatever people who know nothing about the sport want to think, that title goes to Sugar Ray Robinson (by a distance) and Beckham wasnt even the best player at any of his clubs never mind in the world.

Again I agree with Derek, its not about personality but acheivement so maybe they should change the name to something else.
Trader Pat

I'd pay to see Tyson Fury take on David Ginola! :)
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:15 pm
Kane now into 2.14 from just over 3s an hour ago
Just over an hour later and he's back out to 2.9s
ruthlessimon

Blimey :shock:

fair play G, no complaints here - although I feel for Froome!
Dallas

ruthlessimon wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Blimey :shock:

fair play G, no complaints here - although I feel for Froome!
I thought the same
LeTiss

Anyone voted?

Don't bother - if Lineker doesn't like the result, he'll campaign for a re-run
Kafkaesque

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm
I know there’s a lot of PC idiots on here! So I know what’s coming!

I swear if Tyson Fury doesn’t win SPOTY it would be a fix!

Let alone his achievements he’s the only one with Personality on the list!

Haters keep it to yourself!
You call people idiots, and then asks others to keep it to themselves! Classy.

I'm not going into the Fury thing, as nothing good is come of that, but as member of what you're likely to deem the PC brigade, you're refering, I don't fancy letting that stand, with the idiot remark and all.

I've seen very little PC-talk on here. Lots of talk taking issue with BNP (or worse) remarks, yes. Being somewhere to the left of BNP, even if very much so, isn't the same as being in favor of PC. Just because there's some correlations and you happen to dislike both, and that's enough to align the two concepts in your head, doesn't make the two the same.

I'm not in favor of PC by definition. Some parts, yes. Others, in fact most, no. I'm in favor of altruism and having an open mind, including culturally.

Oh, and in case you want to put your anger to use and organize a march to protest this fix, I'll include an address, where I'm sure they'll have some names of people willing to go with you. As a bonus, I hear a number of them will actually have a lot of Saturdays free between now and May, where they were expected to be busy elsewhere just a few months ago:

Chelsea Football Club
Fulham Road
London
SW6 1HS
Trader Pat

I have to say Tyson Fury has played a blinder.

He makes comments about women, roundly condemned rightly so. He then makes comments about Gay people, roundly comdemned rightly so. Then he throws in his struggles with mental illness, and the same people who were condeming him in the first place are now applauding him, Bravo Tyson!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:28 pm
I’m really angry tonight! Hate injustices!
How much did you have on him to win? ;)

I remember the fury when Lampard's goal in WC 2010 was disallowed - that really was an injustice. Here, it's not a case of whether or not the ball crossed the line but whether the public agrees with you; a matter of opinion. And it's only a BBC vote in contest, not a major sporting event so I don't understand why you're so angry.
PDC

It was pretty obvious who was going to win when it was announced who would be closing the show, George Ezra and which song, Paradise. The clue is in the lyrics ;) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOwihbu ... tu.be&t=61
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:50 pm
I have to say Tyson Fury has played a blinder.
He then makes comments about Gay people, roundly comdemned rightly so.
You're mis-quoting the situation as fact, when it's simply your opinion Pat.

Many God-fearing people happen to believe what the Bible / Koran and many other holy scriptures say about homosexuality. Tyson simply echoed those teachings.

In a free country, he's allowed to voice his opinion, however unpalatable to some it may be, just as you have the right to oppose his viewpoint. But he was by no means ''roundly condemned'' for his view on sodomites, other than by the vocal minority-agenda-pushing brigade.

I can assure you there are many who share his view of homosexuality being both unnatural and sinful, however they are simply content to live and let live as it is now legal in most Western cultures. Please don't be taken in by the vocal minorities that love to shut down even measured and respectful debates by name-calling (usually with a 'phobe' at the end).

CS

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”