Making A Killing with Basketball & Ice Hokey

Any markets not covered in the other boards
westbamtrading

I guess in the past a might have had a little go at basketball .. but this month it caught my eye for whatever reason, and since then I've made an absolute killing that far outweighs my horse racing P&L.

I was just reaching out to see if anyone else is on it?
northbound

I’m trialling some nightly automation on NBA markets and early signs are quite good.
northbound

I find NBA vaguely similar to tennis, but haven’t touched NHL as ice hockey strikes me as more similar to soccer, which I’m still learning to trade manually.
westbamtrading

I'm absolutely cleaning up that I've decided to ditch Horse and Greyhound racing, and focusing on NBA, NHL, and Football is another market I've started to make a killing in.

Now .. i've got a tiny bank, but I'm making solid progress. Because I'm using BetDaq and the free version of Bet Angel (many thanks to Peter), I don;t have a demo mode, so any trials for me is with real money.... which can get pretty expensive when the market doesn't go your way. I have no real hard data as I've been putting all my energy into Horse Racing and Greyhounds. But I just can't make the grade with those two markets and I'm looking for something a bit more hands off.
Bog

Westbamtrading, do you trade pre-race or in play? Hockey in play doesn't have much liquidity as far as I know
SeaHorseRacing

westbamtrading wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:35 pm
I'm absolutely cleaning up that I've decided to ditch Horse and Greyhound racing, and focusing on NBA, NHL, and Football is another market I've started to make a killing in.

Now .. i've got a tiny bank, but I'm making solid progress. Because I'm using BetDaq and the free version of Bet Angel (many thanks to Peter), I don;t have a demo mode, so any trials for me is with real money.... which can get pretty expensive when the market doesn't go your way. I have no real hard data as I've been putting all my energy into Horse Racing and Greyhounds. But I just can't make the grade with those two markets and I'm looking for something a bit more hands off.
Not here very much these days...

When I became more realistic with my trading and stopped dreaming of making £50k a month was the day my profits really started to pay.

I think this is a good piece of advice for anyone out there, get it clear into your head early on to achieving a mediocre living from trading and the rest will take care of its self.

When you have a low target it really does make a difference long term. It also make a 2k profit at the end of the month really satisfying... which if you trade every day is less than averaging £75 a day.

Best of luck
westbamtrading

Bog wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:15 pm
Westbamtrading, do you trade pre-race or in play? Hockey in play doesn't have much liquidity as far as I know
I've made far more money with in-play than I have with pre-race.

You're right, Ice Hockey liquidity is a bit of a joke, however, I've found it a good place to collect coin when the market has met all my parameters for a trade. Hands up that only happens a few times a week, but the strike rate is through the roof. So its a mater of having the confidence to increase my position. In that respect its like football as in the games are few and far between, but then you increase you position and you're (not your personally) not constantly having to sit and watch as you do with Pre-race trading..... and I've got time to go to the cinema and watch the latest disappointing Super Hero movie. Avengers End Game ... worse than Infinity War :evil: :roll:
westbamtrading

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:59 pm

When you have a low target it really does make a difference long term.

Agreed. But more and more, I've looking more seriously at markets other than Horse racing.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”