Any markets not covered in the other boards
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:38 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:03 pm
Still going well....
Well done.

I don't think you have to worry too much about anyone copying your approach, as they won't have the stamina to go through all the racecards like you do in the morning. I enjoyed inputting the data into the spreadsheet and have sort of designed one that will quickly assess the info required, but only looked at Henlow and Perry Barr this morning.

I would say though it's got me interested again in greyhound racing. Back in the day, with pen/paper/calculator, I used to go to either White City or Wembley, take the best 2 of 3 times, average them and factor in the winning time of each of their last race. This helped define the class of the race they're running in and would be able to spot one or two that were ripe for the picking. The Racing Post has that info, Sporting Life doesn't. It also has the weight of the greyhound, which is also an important consideration when looking at the bigger picture.

Mind you, you're assessement method is working fine without all these other factors.

The best result was; (The boxed figure is the 2nd rated + 4 lengths. Any greyhound with a worse time could be a Lay selection) Also note how poor the favourite was in the race too.

Hen11.39.GIF
Thats interesting information. I too was a regular at White City years ago. :)

I am also looking at criteria for lays too. Thing i like about mine is the fact its pretty simple, its just time consuming putting the runners into Guardian. Have a friend who works for RacingPost so i have contacted him to see if there's a legal way i could get all the data i need in a Excel sheet and then i could fully automate it between Excel / Guardian etc. That would be the iceing on the cake. :)

Evening racing is the best with this as i seem to get matched very quickly.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:55 pm

Thats interesting information. I too was a regular at White City years ago. :)

I am also looking at criteria for lays too. Thing i like about mine is the fact its pretty simple, its just time consuming putting the runners into Guardian. Have a friend who works for RacingPost so i have contacted him to see if there's a legal way i could get all the data i need in a Excel sheet and then i could fully automate it between Excel / Guardian etc. That would be the iceing on the cake. :)

Evening racing is the best with this as i seem to get matched very quickly.
There's a Racing Post guy called Jim Cremin who was the racing manager @ Wembley stadium. He might know something or other.

The era I remember with White City was when the likes of Dave Kinchett was a trainer. Got a few stories about some of the gambles that went wrong! :?
Archery1969

This race highlights one to be avoided following the original rules as you have 3 dogs very close speed wise.

If you were a straight backer then maybe a reverse trifecta. :lol:

Dog 2 went off as clear favourite which is strange has it only has 4th best times.

But the winner came from one of the ones i highlighted in red being Swift Redzer which had the 3rd best time.

Its all interesting stuff. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 am
This race highlights one to be avoided following the original rules as you have 3 dogs very close speed wise.

Dog 2 went off as clear favourite which is strange has it only has 4th best times.

But the winner came from one of the ones i highlighted in red being Swift Redzer which had the 3rd best time.

Just for comparison. As you say tight at the top. (first 3 home seperated by a neck and a neck)
The T4 was worse rated and was reflected in the price too.

Nott1103.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 am

Just for comparison. As you say tight at the top. (first 3 home seperated by a neck and a neck)
The T4 was worse rated and was reflected in the price too.

Nott1103.GIF
Yep. I am now working on the reverse for a Lay Bot targeting the dog with worse times but still using the 0.10 rule between 5th and 6th rated.

I targeted dog 3 with the new Lay Bot and got on at 7.6. Worked well. :)
Archery1969

This is all low risk good fun.... :)
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
Nice results.

Here's my trading effort for the morning cards. (messed up the 11.03, should have been +0.85, corrected it in time though)
Didn't do the afternoon/evening cards. may look later.

Jan14th.GIF
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm
Nice results.

Here's my trading effort for the morning cards. (messed up the 11.03, should have been +0.85, corrected it in time though)
Didn't do the afternoon/evening cards. may look later.

Jan14th.GIF
Thats looking good. :)
Archery1969

I been quoted £175 for a custom built application to get the data I need from Sporting Life each day with the ability to export to Excel.

Does that seem about right ?
spreadbetting

Hard to say without knowing what it involves. Plenty of cheap coders out there and web scraping isn't hard, have you tried sites like www.fiverr.com freelancer etc. If it's winnng you money and saving you time guess it depends on what value you put on your time.
wearthefoxhat

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:23 pm
I been quoted £175 for a custom built application to get the data I need from Sporting Life each day with the ability to export to Excel.

I don't have anything to compare it to. One thing I do know, it takes real dedication to input the data manually.
There were 149 races today, (including the Henlow card that started @ 8.12) :shock: ....I stopped at morning only - 4 meeting (omitted Henlow)

After a while it was like playing the piano. The thing is, If you can't play the piano, £175 would sound reasonable if it imported all the data and correctly formatted into excel, giving you time to set up Guardian.

Here's the sheet for the aptly named; Don't Stop Me now.

dontstopmenow.GIF
Archery1969

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:41 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:23 pm

I don't have anything to compare it to. One thing I do know, it takes real dedication to input the data manually.
There were 149 races today, (including the Henlow card that started @ 8.12) :shock: ....I stopped at morning only - 4 meeting (omitted Henlow)

After a while it was like playing the piano. The thing is, If you can't play the piano, £175 would sound reasonable if it imported all the data and correctly formatted into excel, giving you time to set up Guardian.

Here's the sheet for the aptly named; Don't Stop Me now.

dontstopmenow.GIF
Yep, i agree. Its worth the investment.
Archery1969

Need to fully automate this as its getting very boring. :lol:
Archery1969

Where's Rodney. :lol:
Archery1969

Seems to be allot easier getting matched later on in the day...

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”