Poker Negreanu v Polk Heads Up N/L Grudge Match

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Jukebox

Plenty of forum members have mentioned their poker interest. This market might be interesting for them with Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk facing each other following many years of trading insults and goading between them and a heads up challenge that has warranted a Betfair market. The match is for a minimum of 12500 hands with an option for the loser to extend to 25000 hands at $200/$400 HUNL. Typically played in 2 hour sessions that have so far been very convenient for UK watchers at 10:30 GMT.
Polk has been and continues to be the consisent odds on favorite in this market despite a losing first session and heavy losses in the fourth and fifth sessions that currently sees Negreanu ahead overall by $26k after 1700 or so hands played having turned around a Polk lead of $268k after three sessions.

Current odds 5.7/5.8 Negeanu 1.19/1.21 Polk
Dallas

Used to love watching 'Kid Poker', I guess he hasn't changed much
What channel is it on?
Jukebox

Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 am
What channel is it on?
Its streamed live on you tube on either Doug Polk Poker channel or GGPoker channel with plenty of others doing analysis etc. Next session is expected tonight 10:30 our time. Its also on Twitch but I don't know that too well.
weemac

Streamed live, eh? They should have invited Mike Postle to join in....
wearthefoxhat

Nice one.

Have been following this one. Polk is favourite because he was a heads up no limit crusher, (back in the day). Negreanu is better live poker player and admits that on-line he is inferior to Polk, heads up. As most of the 12,500 hands will be on-line, Polk was installed as the initial favourite @ 1.20.

Both have teams of poker crushers to seek advice from and it could possibly drag on for a while.

So far, I can see why Polk is the favourite. It does seem to come down to the coolers. ie: High pair against Lower pair. 80%/20% match ups. Variance will even out these over time. but there's not too much of that of course.
wearthefoxhat

weemac wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:35 am
Streamed live, eh? They should have invited Mike Postle to join in....
:D

He recently filed a $30 million dollar defamation case against those that sued him for $10 million (got thrown out).

https://www.cardschat.com/news/mike-pos ... ker-94459/
Dallas

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:27 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 am
What channel is it on?
Its streamed live on you tube on either Doug Polk Poker channel or GGPoker channel with plenty of others doing analysis etc. Next session is expected tonight 10:30 our time. Its also on Twitch but I don't know that too well.
Thanks, i'll keep an eye out for that
Jukebox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkC4ucR9GCE

You Tube link to live stream later
Euler

I've started watching Poker matches recently, mainly to watch them bluff. It's fascinating.
Kafkaesque

Cheers Jukebox. I knew it was happening, but I wouldn't ever have expected a market on the exchange. I'll be loading up on Polk and/or trading it on the assumption, he'll kill it.

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:44 am
Nice one.

Have been following this one. Polk is favourite because he was a heads up no limit crusher, (back in the day). Negreanu is better live poker player and admits that on-line he is inferior to Polk, heads up. As most of the 12,500 hands will be on-line, Polk was installed as the initial favourite @ 1.20.

Both have teams of poker crushers to seek advice from and it could possibly drag on for a while.

So far, I can see why Polk is the favourite. It does seem to come down to the coolers. ie: High pair against Lower pair. 80%/20% match ups. Variance will even out these over time. but there's not too much of that of course.
Poker is a young man's game these days, and if nothing else moves beyond you in half a second; nevermind the amount of time Polk has been out of the game. On the flip, Polk has proven his willingness to grind out to gain knowledge and works his ar*e off. I'll bank on him having spent the time since it was announced to study Neg's game (and the game as is in general these days). Neg would be a huge dog even if it wasn't online imho. He had to chance make it a split between NLHE and PLO but passed. That would have leveled the playing field, with Neg being stronger (comparatively to Polk if nothing else) at PLO. He's setting himself up with excuses for a loss, he knows is coming, barring a long, long list of cold decks.
sionascaig

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 am
Plenty of forum members have mentioned their poker interest. This market might be interesting for them with Daniel Negreanu and Doug Polk facing each other following many years of trading insults and goading between them and a heads up challenge that has warranted a Betfair market. The match is for a minimum of 12500 hands with an option for the loser to extend to 25000 hands at $200/$400 HUNL. Typically played in 2 hour sessions that have so far been very convenient for UK watchers at 10:30 GMT.
Polk has been and continues to be the consisent odds on favorite in this market despite a losing first session and heavy losses in the fourth and fifth sessions that currently sees Negreanu ahead overall by $26k after 1700 or so hands played having turned around a Polk lead of $268k after three sessions.

Current odds 5.7/5.8 Negeanu 1.19/1.21 Polk
Thanks Jukebox - had no idea it was on )
rik

whats the point one player admits the other is better, shouldnt there be trash talk
Kafkaesque

rik wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:48 pm
whats the point one player admits the other is better, shouldnt there be trash talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWpM_XW0u4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXl-VdR9sZE
Last edited by Kafkaesque on Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wearthefoxhat

rik wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:48 pm
Was plenty of that in the preceding months/years, when they finally sat down, they were as nice as pie to each other!

polk1.png

polk2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BertieBert

even given the variance of 25k sample I'm a bit surprised at price movements. I would have made Doug a 15bb favourite to start

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”