Grosjean crash

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:08 pm
It sums up F1 at the minute when incidents like this are the only reason it's in the news.
I'm half expecting Sky to use this crash to try and prove F1 isn't boring! :D

Funny how you can be all nostalgic though and look back to the days when F1 was exciting like it was only a few years ago. I was clearing out some stuff a few months ago and found a box full of old VHS tapes of F1 races in the mid to late 90's that I used to record. Found a video player and realised it was just as boring back then :lol: The difference was the cars looked better, sounded better and there were actually some personalities on the grid.

The last time F1 was properly exciting was back in the late 80's early 90's
Crazyskier

goat68 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:10 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:40 pm
I was watching live and said a quick prayer for whatever driver had caused the enormous fireball. I was sure he'd be unconscious and have to be released manually by the Fire Marshalls and medics.

Thank God that Romain was able to get himself out of the burning monocoque. He reported from hospital that his visor had melted by the time he got free, so it was borderline miraculous that he suffered only the relatively mild burns and sore ribs, etc that he did.

It's sad that this was the last time he'll ever sit in an F1 car again as Haas have released him and Magnussen from their contracts for next season; plus with Hulkenburg and Perez still available, there's next to zero chance any teams will take Romain.

Credit is due I feel to the likes of Sir Jackie Stewart and Stirling Moss et al, that campaigned over many years to increase the number of safety features such as barriers, fire marshalls and medical staff. Undoubtedly their efforts contributed to the saving of many lives, not least Romain's.

CS
And of course the late Charlie Whiting who pushed so hard to get the Halo introduced.
Indeed. A sad loss to the sport.

CS

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”