Eurovision 2021

Eurovision, Political betting markets, reality TV and other special markets.
Derek27

rik wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:54 pm
Well some people done their homework and knew how many points are given in total and therefore knew that Italy gotten most of the 12s and what was left for the last few. Lot of casual bettors making the price jump around silly on the favourites without reason. Next time will be better prepared!
Italy was odds-on in fourth place before the first public points came in, so somebody either had knowledge of the points or predicted they'd do well in the public vote. I must have missed it first time but it probably is one of the best songs. Would be nice if the BBC could have played all of it after 3 hours of coverage!
The Silk Run

rik wrote:
Well some people done their homework and knew how many points are given in total and therefore knew that Italy gotten most of the 12s and what was left for the last few. Lot of casual bettors making the price jump around silly on the favourites without reason. Next time will be better prepared!
Loox like rik's done his bank. STANDBY for Betfair KYC, MLA, I&E, DD, the lot :)
rik

Derek27 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:59 pm
rik wrote:
Italy was odds-on in fourth place before the first public points came in, so somebody either had knowledge of the points or predicted they'd do well in the public vote. I must have missed it first time but it probably is one of the best songs. Would be nice if the BBC could have played all of it after 3 hours of coverage!
Apparently they are very popular band they were just expected to do better on the public vote then the judged one I think.
rik

The Silk Run wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 11:59 pm
rik wrote:
Loox like rik's done his bank. STANDBY for Betfair KYC, MLA, I&E, DD, the lot :)
First time I done the eurovision, low stakes.
so CS just supposed to mean customer service, whats that to do with my comment about following the smart/fast guys? Romania?
Derek27

My first time as well. ;) I can see some real opportunities in that market but also a few trap doors. I'll go bigger next time but it's still recreational.
Derek27

I've just heard we got zero points for the second year running! Why is there such a huge post-mortem when we lose the World Cup but when we do so badly in Europe people just laugh it off - even the newsreaders. :lol:
The Silk Run

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:52 am
I've just heard we got zero points for the second year running! Why is there such a huge post-mortem when we lose the World Cup but when we do so badly in Europe people just laugh it off - even the newsreaders. :lol:
Funny, his name was James :lol:
MemphisFlash

Why do we even bother entering.
Too much political voting from eastern block, Greece always give Cypus 12 points and vice versa. Finland, Iceland, Denmark and Sweden have ther own little block.
In the past we could rely on Ireland giving us something and since when is Australia in Europe!!!

It is the BBC's way of pandering to the LGBT community and that is what we pay our tv license for.

Since we are no longer in Europe why are we still entering and paying for the humiliation of it.

Can we have a vote in parliment similar to brexit to get out of this shit!!!

It is utter Tripe!!!

N.B i'm starting my own political party "The Fuck Eurovision Party"
My agenga is simple,

"Let's Keep Britain Great"

or has that already been used by Nigel Farage, lol

R760dcc030aaa91b18e182031246d8c5e.png

although obviously not in Eurovision
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:47 am

Since we are no longer in Europe why are we still entering and paying for the humiliation of it.

Yep, that. The E.U. block making some sort of statement for sure.

The Switzerland singer seemed to think he'd won it after the jury's vote, couldn''t stop yapping. When the camera zoomed in after the Italy public vote came in, he realised it was all over.

My strategy for next year will be to lay the Jury vote leader, before the public vote is announced.
Last edited by wearthefoxhat on Sun May 23, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenmark

I guess in some ways Heavy Metal (although I'd probably dispute Italy's offering was Heavy Metal) is a perfect fit for Euorvision. Raucous, OTT, high camp. Bring back Ozzie I say. :-)
verance

MemphisFlash wrote:
Too much political voting from eastern block, Greece always give Cypus 12 points and vice versa. Finland, Iceland, Denmark and Sweden have ther own little block.
Top Countries: Italy, France, Switzerland, Iceland
Countries losing in Semi-final: Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Romania, Poland

Hard to say Eastern Bloc voting had a huge impact!
MemphisFlash wrote:
Since we are no longer in Europe
You are still in Europe
MemphisFlash

so that still left Armenia, Azerbaijan,Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Latvia, Moldova,
North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine.

12 countries. nearly half the final contentenders!!!!!

46.15% of the contenders.

Still No Influence, lol
verance

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:45 am
so that still left Armenia, Azerbaijan,Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Latvia, Moldova,
North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and the Ukraine.

12 countries. nearly half the final contentenders!!!!!

46.15% of the contenders.

Still No Influence, lol
Slovenia, North Macedonia and Croatia did not make it through.

They had a higher % of the total contenders than ones that made it to the final.

And none of them could finish in the top 4!!!!!

So yes, no infleunce (lol) :lol:
superfrank

MemphisFlash wrote:
In the past we could rely on Ireland giving us something and since when is Australia in Europe!!!
You have to take it for what it is - it's not really a serious song competition.
It's funny that Greece and Cyprus still do that.
As for the UK entry, well it deserved no points. It was abysmal. Must have been sour Remainers behind that, determined to make us look bad in Europe!
Derek27

MemphisFlash wrote:
We are still in Europe geographically. :)

I've never taken it seriously but after watching it last night it was almost like watching the World Cup final. :lol:

Return to “Non Sports trading Markets”