NZ weightlifter Hubbard to become first transgender athlete to compete at Games

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Trader Pat

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 pm
Female athletes around the world are being denied a fair playing field, simply to appease a tiny percentage of either confused or cynical blokes that see an opportunity to achieve what they never could competing as a man!
CS

Think its a little more complicated than that :D

Personally speaking I've grown quite attached to my schlong, not sure I'd let someone take an axe to it just to win an Olympic medal!
Crazyskier

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 pm
Female athletes around the world are being denied a fair playing field, simply to appease a tiny percentage of either confused or cynical blokes that see an opportunity to achieve what they never could competing as a man!
CS

Think its a little more complicated than that :D

Personally speaking I've grown quite attached to my schlong, not sure I'd let someone take an axe to it just to win an Olympic medal!
Quite, however some of these so called 'female' athletes still have male appendages as well as physiology. Talk about having one's cake and eating it!

CS
gazuty

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm
i think gazuty was actually meaning that the exisiting TWO categories remain and no new categories are introduced. basically, the current MEN category would be opened up to be an all inclusive category and the WOMEN category would be exclusively for persons born with a double xx chromosone. that way, you allow complete fairness across the board.
Yep that’s it. 👍
rik

Ha, surely she is not 100% biologically a woman now. What a stupid decision
Derek27

I wish I had a sex change when I was at my strongest, I'd have given the women a run for their money. :)
gazuty

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:27 am
I wish I had a sex change when I was at my strongest, I'd have given the women a run for their money. :)
This is the very issue at the centre of all this.

Let’s take swimming. In almost every event very very few men are capable of posting a time capable of making an Olympic final. But many men can post a time that would make the women’s final. Let’s take the 100m freestyle at the 2012 Olympics.

The slowest time swam in the 100m women’s final was 54:02. The winner swam 53:28.

If we go to the men’s heats , 45 men swam a faster time than the slowest woman in the final. And 43 men swam a faster time in the heats than the women’s gold medal winner.

You can do this kind of analysis is most sports - it’s very obvious in sports with objective records like times.

So the future of sport (particularly if you start to think about financial rewards slowly building in women’s sport) might start to look like men dominating men’s sport and trans women (aka humans born with a Y chromosome) dominating “women’s” sport. There won’t be any humans with two X chromosomes in “women’s” sport in the foreseeable future, or at least in sport where there is reasonable money/ status to be obtained.

If I was born with two X chromosomes and I was a professional sport player and someone else turns up with a Y chromosome (and had their teenage years with testosterone coursing through their body adding bone and muscle mass that I couldn’t achieve) who then “identified” as a woman and said they were not only competing against me but taking away my spot on the team, local team, state team, national team, Olympic team etc …. well how would I feel about that? And the current nanomoles of testosterone of that other person really doesn’t matter now that they are 10kg of muscle mass heavier, 15 cm taller and can achieve a VO2max no person born without a Y chromosome can achieve.

Reference men’s results https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_ ... _freestyle

Reference women’s results https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_ ... _freestyle
LeTiss

The world has turned to shit, and I blame 20 years of social media for it!

It initially gave everyone a voice, but now it's done the opposite......because social media has created a culture war, it has tribalised everything, which invariably results in echo chambers because people block others with opposing views!

Social media created a disease......a disease where people want to show the world how wonderfully righteous they are.
It's created grievous levels of political correctness.
The worst thing though is businesses and institutions also want to show how PC they are, and this has resulted in society sliding down a greasy pole!
Nobody is allowed an honest opinion anymore......we have to be silenced for not succumbing to this disease of woke. We have to be gagged and cancelled.
Laughably, these people actually claim they are the most liberal and tolerant in society......are they heck! They are the opposite of being liberal and tolerant.

It means you cannot oppose the actions Exctinction Rebellion without being deemed a climate change denier!
It means you cannot oppose the motives and political aspirations of BLM, without being deemed racist or having white privilege!
It means you cannot criticise a teacher being hounded out of his job in Batley, or oppose the Halal slaughtering of animals. without being deemed Islamophobic!
It means you cannot oppose trans men competing in women's sport, without being deemed transphobic!

As many of you know......I stand on a rooftop and stick my 2 fingers up to this changing world. I say what I like!

The governing bodies of various sports, and governments themselves, need to get together and stop this bloody farce with trans men in women's sport.
It is destroying the integrity of women's sport, and it is totally unfair on genuine women who have dreamed all their lives of achieving something and have worked bloody hard for it......only to be denied by someone who was born a bloke.

However, we are ALL to blame. We are not doing enough to stand up and say piss off to all those activists and wokies, who have pressurised social media giants, the broadcasting media, governments, businesses and institiutions........that being PC is more important than being honest and having a mind of their own.
Rollox

Couldn't agree more well said
sniffer66

Well said LeTiss !
gazuty

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:42 am
The governing bodies of various sports, and governments themselves, need to get together and stop this bloody farce with trans men in women's sport.
It is destroying the integrity of women's sport, and it is totally unfair on genuine women who have dreamed all their lives of achieving something and have worked bloody hard for it......only to be denied by someone who was born a bloke.

However, we are ALL to blame. We are not doing enough to stand up and say piss off to all those activists and wokies, who have pressurised social media giants, the broadcasting media, governments, businesses and institiutions........that being PC is more important than being honest and having a mind of their own.
+1

Well said. It is incumbent on each of us to stop this lunacy.
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
It means you cannot oppose the actions Exctinction Rebellion without being deemed a climate change denier!
It means you cannot oppose the motives and political aspirations of BLM, without being deemed racist or having white privilege!
It means you cannot criticise a teacher being hounded out of his job in Batley, or oppose the Halal slaughtering of animals. without being deemed Islamophobic!
It means you cannot oppose trans men competing in women's sport, without being deemed transphobic!
Spot on!

There's another side to this business of trans women in sport and that's the national federations wanting to win medals. They get to boost there chances of winning medals and get to look woke at the same time.

Was watching a doc on BBC the other night about the Paralympic classification system and how it shifted over time. There was a girl who has cerebral palsy and when she started competing everyone she raced against had cerebral palsy but over time she was racing against people with milder forms of disabilities and some who didn't look like there was anything wrong with them at all. When she raised the issue she was told not to speak about it or she could lose her place on the team. Ultimately it all boiled down to bending the rules to increase the chances of winning medals which is what national federations are doing by entering trans women in the Olympics.

I personally think the Olympics are already a joke compared to what they used to be. They're completely monetised now more than ever which is the only reason you can have a 'sport' like dressage in them :roll: This Olympics will be more of a joke than usual though.. no crowds, world records will tumble on the track because of new shoe technology and the fact that's there's been virtually no drug testing since the pandemic began. Won't be much of a spectacle but might make for some interesting trades!
gazuty

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

I personally think the Olympics are already a joke compared to what they used to be. They're completely monetised now more than ever which is the only reason you can have a 'sport' like dressage in them :roll: This Olympics will be more of a joke than usual though.. no crowds, world records will tumble on the track because of new shoe technology and the fact that's there's been virtually no drug testing since the pandemic began. Won't be much of a spectacle but might make for some interesting trades!
One of my friends was (a long time ago) an Australian 100m champ. Your comments made me remember some of his amusing comments.

One was he hated the “walk” events and how there was the three strike rule for lifting aka running. He always said the walk is as ridiculous as a competition to see who could whisper the loudest - pretty soon everyone is shouting. His other funny comment was about a particular competitor - I remember he said “He could take a bath for a week and he still wouldn’t be clean”.
Trader Pat

gazuty wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:36 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

One of my friends was (a long time ago) an Australian 100m champ. Your comments made me remember some of his amusing comments.

One was he hated the “walk” events and how there was the three strike rule for lifting aka running. He always said the walk is as ridiculous as a competition to see who could whisper the loudest - pretty soon everyone is shouting. His other funny comment was about a particular competitor - I remember he said “He could take a bath for a week and he still wouldn’t be clean”.

The whisper analogy perfectly describes the walk! :D
Derek27

Just boycott the event and let him/her/it win a pointless gold medal. That'll make them think again.
Crazyskier

LeTiss wrote:
The world has turned to shit, and I blame 20 years of social media for it!

It initially gave everyone a voice, but now it's done the opposite......because social media has created a culture war, it has tribalised everything, which invariably results in echo chambers because people block others with opposing views!

Social media created a disease......a disease where people want to show the world how wonderfully righteous they are.
It's created grievous levels of political correctness.
The worst thing though is businesses and institutions also want to show how PC they are, and this has resulted in society sliding down a greasy pole!
Nobody is allowed an honest opinion anymore......we have to be silenced for not succumbing to this disease of woke. We have to be gagged and cancelled.
Laughably, these people actually claim they are the most liberal and tolerant in society......are they heck! They are the opposite of being liberal and tolerant.

As many of you know......I stand on a rooftop and stick my 2 fingers up to this changing world. I say what I like!

Bang on!

CS

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”