NZ weightlifter Hubbard to become first transgender athlete to compete at Games

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Euler

How does this work then? Male weightlifter in a female category?

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sport ... 021-06-20/
Trader Pat

They ban Caster Semenya from certain events but this is ok?

Worlds gone mental
Euler

Monty Python nailed it the best part of 40 years ago, as comedy. Who would have guessed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgp9MPLEAqA
Trader Pat

:lol:
Realrocknrolla

What i don’t get…..

The people that identify themselves as “Non-Binary”

Driving up the M1, they suddenly need a restroom break..

Which one do they use? 🚾❓
jimibt

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:27 am
What i don’t get…..

that's an easy one. if you've ever gone to any of our major music festivals; when queuing for the loo you ALWAYS make sure you use the porta that a woman has just vacated. the other alternative is just too stomoch churning :D
Trader Pat

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:46 am
Realrocknrolla wrote:
What i don’t get…..

that's an easy one. if you've ever gone to any of our major music festivals; when queuing for the loo you ALWAYS make sure you use the porta that a woman has just vacated. the other alternative is just too stomoch churning :D

When I worked in nightclubs, at the end of the night the womens toilets were always in a much worse state than the mens.. wasn't even close.
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:52 am
jimibt wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:
What i don’t get…..

When I worked in nightclubs, at the end of the night the womens toilets were always in a much worse state than the mens.. wasn't even close.
as sean connery would have said- it's a tale of two shitties :D
Trader Pat

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:53 am
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:52 am
jimibt wrote:

as sean connery would say - it's a tale of two shitties :D
:D
gazuty

Read a good article on women’s sport and how to solve this problem of humans who were born with a Y chromosome seeking to compete in sporting contests.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commen ... 936537f754

There should be two events. One for women and one open. As the name suggests open is open to all competitors. Women is restricted to persons born with two X chromosomes.

Think about why a seperate category of sport exists for women and the answer is straightforward.

There is no “unfairness” or exclusion in the open category. All are welcome.
Trader Pat

gazuty wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Read a good article on women’s sport and how to solve this problem of humans who were born with a Y chromosome seeking to compete in sporting contests.

There should be two events. One for women and one open. As the name suggests open is open to all competitors. Women is restricted to persons born with two X chromosomes.

Think about why a seperate category of sport exists for women and the answer is straightforward.

Good idea on paper but I don't think it would work for a few reasons.

You would have transgender women complaining saying it was identifying them as not fully female which is I suppose is the whole point why most of them want to compete as women in the first place. Also would there be enough competitors for an open category and even if there was would anybody be bothered to watch it?

An open category would be a bit like "Mr Olympia" and "Mr Natural Olympia". As the title suggests Mr Natural Olympia is totally drugs free and the competitors get tested. The difference in size between the former and latter competitors can be really stark and as such nobody is that interested in Mr Natural. Would be a bit like having a "Natural Tour de France" & the normal Tour De France. Which one would people watch? The clean or the current juiced up version?
greenmark

Thanks to Euler for this one. I've been all over it today. From Renee Richards to statistical comparisons between men v women. And my conclusion is people transitioning from one gender to another doesn't give them the right to compete (in a sporting context) with the other gender.
Unless someone says to me that women are only 10% below men in physical performance because of socialogical contraints, then it's a no=brainer that a man transitioning to female can't be allowed to compete with women.
It's the ultimate male arrogance to allow transitioned males to compete with women.
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:15 pm
gazuty wrote:

You would have transgender women complaining saying it was identifying them as not fully female which is I suppose is the whole point why most of them want to compete as women in the first place. Also would there be enough competitors for an open category and even if there was would anybody be bothered to watch it?

An open category would be a bit like "Mr Olympia" and "Mr Natural Olympia". As the title suggests Mr Natural Olympia is totally drugs free and the competitors get tested. The difference in size between the former and latter competitors can be really stark and as such nobody is that interested in Mr Natural. Would be a bit like having a "Natural Tour de France" & the normal Tour De France. Which one would people watch? The clean or the current juiced up version?
i think gazuty was actually meaning that the exisiting TWO categories remain and no new categories are introduced. basically, the current MEN category would be opened up to be an all inclusive category and the WOMEN category would be exclusively for persons born with a double xx chromosone. that way, you allow complete fairness across the board.
Trader Pat

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:07 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:15 pm
gazuty wrote:

i think gazuty was actually meaning that the exisiting TWO categories remain and no new categories are introduced. basically, the current MEN category would be opened up to be an all inclusive category and the WOMEN category would be exclusively for persons born with a double xx chromosone. that way, you allow complete fairness across the board.

My bad, I didn't read it properly
Crazyskier

This woke nonsense allowing people to CHOOSE whether they identify as male or female irrespective of their genitalia, is utterly absurd.

What makes it worse is that the tiny militant minority then jump all over social media to accuse anyone of questioning the validity of 'cocks in frocks' as real women of being bigoted, sexist and homophobic!

It's abundantly clear that the physical advantages of male vs female will result in real women being unfairly discriminated against, and cut short the careers of many female athletes.It needs to stop.

I think you should be able to do what you like behind closed doors, but not in wider society. Standards of decency are being eroded in the name of liberalism.

Female athletes around the world are being denied a fair playing field, simply to appease a tiny percentage of either confused or cynical blokes that see an opportunity to achieve what they never could competing as a man!

CS

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”