Tour de France 2022

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Dallas

Can't believe Quickstep have dropped Cav for this years tour and he's only going as a reserve

Really wanted to see him get that 35th stage win this year, - hard to see him doing it next year or any other year now
Derek27

First few stages should be quite picturesque. Have you seen how long those bridges are in Denmark? :shock:
greenmark

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am
Can't believe Quickstep have dropped Cav for this years tour and he's only going as a reserve

Really wanted to see him get that 35th stage win this year, - hard to see him doing it next year or any other year now
The cynic in me suggests being tied for total stage wins with a legendary Belgian and working for a Belgian team and manager may be a reason he's not being allowed the opportunity.
Whats more of a mystery is why is he a reserve.
He's not a domestique. His only purpose is to win stages. Strange and, yes, disappointing.
Then again cynicism aside Fabio Jakobsen has 10 wins this year and appears to be Quickstep's sprinter.
Derek27

MemphisFlash

Is Lance still Racing, lol.
Gave up on the tour after he finished.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:57 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:45 am

The cynic in me suggests being tied for total stage wins with a legendary Belgian and working for a Belgian team and manager may be a reason he's not being allowed the opportunity.
Whats more of a mystery is why is he a reserve.
He's not a domestique. His only purpose is to win stages. Strange and, yes, disappointing.
Then again cynicism aside Fabio Jakobsen has 10 wins this year and appears to be Quickstep's sprinter.
I did have a similar thought tbh and like you wondered if I was being to cynical :?
Dallas

Still don't think you can beat the opening theme music C4 used to use, always listen to it at least once during the tour
From back in the days of commentary from Phil Liggett and when bikes were bikes not space age machines costing more than a family car
https://youtu.be/WLSUsw04O6M?t=13
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:18 pm
Still don't think you can beat the opening theme music C4 used to use, always listen to it at least once during the tour
From back in the days of commentary from Phil Liggett and when bikes were bikes not space age machines costing more than a family car
https://youtu.be/WLSUsw04O6M?t=13
Brings back old memories, I absolutely love that tune. :)
Derek27

They're on the bridge. :D
Derek27

Where is the wisdom in having a narrow cobblestone road in the last 10km of the route?
Derek27

I can't believe that a race as prestigious as the Tour de France doesn't stop the trains for the race. What happens if a lone rider or breakaway gets stopped at a level crossing?
Ran Doner

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:27 pm
I can't believe that a race as prestigious as the Tour de France doesn't stop the trains for the race. What happens if a lone rider or breakaway gets stopped at a level crossing?
The commissaires will try to recreate the gap once they are back under way. They’ve often made a mess of it.
Derek27

Ran Doner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
The commissaires will try to recreate the gap once they are back under way. They’ve often made a mess of it.
That's straightforward enough if it's a small group and an intact peloton, but riders strung out in one of the mountain stages would probably lead to chaos!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:10 pm
Ran Doner wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:48 pm
Derek27 wrote:
That's straightforward enough if it's a small group and an intact peloton, but riders strung out in one of the mountain stages would probably lead to chaos!
The etiquette of the rolling village that is the Le Tour dictates they wait if there are non-racing disruptions. Don't forget riders stop off regularly for toilet stops. Le Tour is a very respectful community. For the most part it's a procession. It's only when you get to the sections where it's possible to achieve a better GC that things hot up.
Sure sprints, King of the Mountains etc are important to specific riders, but GC is God.
Ran Doner

Proper cobbles today.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”